NieR Automata (Square Enix + Platinum Games)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
A new Japanese TV spot for it. Shows a new enemy. Hardly spoilery at all. First half is made up of footage from that Amazarashi collaborative video. Also... CERO D! It's a true Drakengard/Nier project.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Two new gameplay videos, showing off the scenery. Their framerate isn't great, but I think that's the site's capturing equipment rather than the game itself.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016

damn, look at the number of views; i'm impressed.
Wow, just wow. Considering the DOD3 English and Japanese trailers combined still come under one million views, I'm glad that Automata is at least receiving some attention. Here's hoping some of that attention translates into sales. After all, it's got the fan appeal of Nier, the pedigree of Platinum, and a very well received demo behind it. Games have succeeded on less than that.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
That's really impressive. I'm glad the game is getting a lot of attention. I need to try to finish the original before I play Automata.
Be prepared to have your stoicism tested by the first playthrough, your heart torn to shreds by the second, and your soul ripped apart by the third and fourth. It's only one of a few times with games I've ever actually cried and had to stop and walk away so I didn't mess any equipment up with my tears.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Be prepared to have your stoicism tested by the first playthrough, your heart torn to shreds by the second, and your soul ripped apart by the third and fourth. It's only one of a few times with games I've ever actually cried and had to stop and walk away so I didn't mess any equipment up with my tears.
Ahhh so multiple endings I see...hmmm. I don't know if I'll make it through that many runs, but who knows.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Ahhh so multiple endings I see...hmmm. I don't know if I'll make it through that many runs, but who knows.
Yeah, multiple endings is a staple of both Drakengard and Nier. It's explained in-universe in Drakengard 3... sort of... but don't worry - You only need to play the last third or so of Nier to get the second, third and fourth endings, not the entire thing all over again. I'll save what happens in the forth ending for you to discover. Don't spoil yourself...

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Yeah, multiple endings is a staple of both Drakengard and Nier. It's explained in-universe in Drakengard 3... sort of... but don't worry - You only need to play the last third or so of Nier to get the second, third and fourth endings, not the entire thing all over again. I'll save what happens in the forth ending for you to discover. Don't spoil yourself...
Awesome!! I am glad I won't have to start all the way over then. I would have been done with Drakengard 3 by now, but the huge random grind wall got thrown in my face in order to unlock the last branch. I'll complete that last branch someday, but not soon.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i'm crying already

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
The latest patch to Final Fantasy XV included two Nier-related songs. One of them is theme song "Weight of the World" performed by J'Nique Nicole. Here's the full, clean version at last!

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
the last trailer have now more than 2.300.000 views

insane, never i would expect this

edit: it released!

edit2: now the trailer broke the 2.500.000 mark

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2014
Poland
It seems Amazon JP reviews are trashing the game a bit. I used Google translate so it was mostly gibberish but from what I made out of it the main complaints are:
  • it's too short
  • lots of bugs
  • combat is too reliant on pod shooting

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
It seems Amazon JP reviews are trashing the game a bit. I used Google translate so it was mostly gibberish but from what I made out of it the main complaints are:
  • it's too short
  • lots of bugs
  • combat is too reliant on pod shooting
* short =/= bad
* I'll find out for myself later on
* WHHHHAAAAAA...just like the original. Who would have thought. Wow now it's a problem *facepalm*

As time goes by, I am taking some Japan players less and less serious. I remember when some gave feedback on Episode Duscae claiming it was too hard.

Last edited: