NieR Automata (Square Enix + Platinum Games)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
As time goes by, I am taking some Japan players less and less serious. I remember when some gave feedback on Episode Duscae claiming it was too easy.
Funny, really. Feedback's been positive from there from my ears. And according to a recent article, preorders for the game are exceeding stocks.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Funny, really. Feedback's been positive from there from my ears. And according to a recent article, preorders for the game are exceeding stocks.
I had a typo. I meant to type hard. That's good the pre-orders are doing good for Automata.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I have yet to play a game from Yoko Taro, but from just watching interviews with him, he has become one of my favorite directors. He is a beautiful man.
Having actually seen Nier:Automata in action now, I'm pretty sure it's a good jumping-in point for Yoko's universes. Not nearly as depressing as some of his other work (crazy, I know, but believe it), has his standard quirkiness and themes, but is also a good game from a technical and gameplay standpoint with PlatinumGames as its developer. RPG elements and action-based combat are nicely balanced, there's auto-fighting functions, and you don't need to know anything about previous Nier/Drakengard games to understand its plot. But if you want to, there's plenty of good resources online, or even the Wikipedia articles for the series up to now.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Hey, minor update. Not only did it get Famitsu's near-perfect score... It also got an overall score of 93% from RPGFan's import review, with no individual score lower than 90% for any part of it and being named "Editor's Choice"!

Does anyone envisage one outlet somewhere in March giving this a perfect score? I do. IGN might even deign to give a score higher than 7/10 to one of Yoko Taro's games at long last. I'm still not sure they played all of Drakengard 3.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
I'm on my third playthrough of Nier 2, and can save without a doubt that this game lives entirely up to expectations.
The only real issue I have with the game is that frame drop is noticeable at times when the overworld loads, but it's not completely choppy looking like FFXV.

Addressing those complaints someone posted earlier:
1. Length: I'm 50 hours in. Still haven't gotten all the main endings yet.
2. I, personally, haven't encountered any bugs. Just the frame dip sometimes.
3. Combat is really whatever you make it to be, pod helps, but it's not like you just spend the game camping and shooting. It's been extremely fun for me so far.

It's a better experience than Nier 1 easily. Probably some of Platinum game's best work too.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
the impressions are looking great, i hope it sells well so we get more yoko taro, btw the last trailer broke the 3 million mark ;)
I think the best-selling entry is still the first Drakengard. At least, that's the only one where we have figures for sales outside Japan.

@Storm, correction. According to the Media Create report, Nier Automata sold 198,542 units, coming in at the top of the charts. This makes Automata the best debut ever from any entry in the Drakengard/Nier franchise in Japan.

Last edited: