1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Nintendo Direct - 03.03.2016

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Mar 2, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

[​IMG]

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/03-03-2016/

The presentation will not include any updates on Nintendo's upcoming NX console or mobile.

I don't know if this direct will mention anything of the next Zelda game. I'm biting they might do that in the months to come instead. At the very least, I can tell they'll do some talking on Star Fox Zero.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  2. Zero

Zero Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

Thanks for the heads up, Wazi.

3. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

E3

So hyped for Star Fox Zero though.

4. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

When I grabbed Bravely Second last Friday, the GameStop employee mentioned that Dragon Quest VII is mentioned in their system to be released in May. Now I'm curious if that will turn out to be true, because if it is, they'll definitely mention it here.

5. ScienceNonfiction

It's so beautiful.

The true successor to Star Fox 64 is nearly here guys. I can't wait.

6. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

It's disappointing that Star Fox Zero is apparently a reboot of the N64 game.

The more I think about it, Star Fox needs a new visual style. While Titania and Fortuna look alright, everything else is pretty ugly looking.

Personally not really hyped for it. I've wanted a new Star Fox game but have been pretty disappointed with everything I've seen so far since E3. Just looks like a half-assed effort to me. Looks boring too.

And it looks like Nintendo has lost sight of what a Metroid game is too. I don't know why Tanabe is so into the Galactic Federation Force. I mean... Who gives a shit?

Metroid has always been about one word. Exploration. Never has been about things like story, characters, multiplayer, and completing a ton of short missions. That's not why fans love the games.

It has always been about exploration. It has always been about wander and isolation. It has always been about mystery and discovery. It has always been about looking for ways to progress further into the world, which is typically done by collecting power ups. That's Metroid. That's why fans love it.

And considering the fact that Metroid is a niche IP, you give the fans exactly what they want and make that the marketing focus. But noooooooo! Nintendo has to make things worse by giving Metroid fans shit they don't care for. :(

7. ScienceNonfiction

It's exactly what I wanted. :)

[​IMG]

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!