Nintendo NX Manufacturation to begin in october-UNCONFIRMED

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Hopefully Nintendo NX is a strong secondary console that targets the core fanbase, is price competitive and has a steady stream of appealing content that isn't few and far between. There is no point in creating something powerful that can compete against XBox One and PlayStation 4 cause it's too late. Nintendo should focus on repairing and rebuilding there shrinking core fanbase that they abandoned with the Wii and then directly compete head on with Sony and Microsoft at the beginning of the 9th generation where everyone will start at zero.

As for the future of Wii U, there isn't one. It's done. Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. were suppose to turn things around and they didn't. They have a strong attach rate but they didn't do much to push hardware. Zelda will be no different (really needs to be a cross gen title so that it can be a launch title for NX). Also, software sales are poor. Nothing is working. Continuing releasing software for it is really a dumb move at this point but it can't be helped. Gotta keep current customers happy.

The only reason why Nintendo says they'll continue supporting the Wii U and 3DS after NX is launched is because they're still supporting the two platforms right now. They're not going to talk about wrapping things up even though there E315 showing made that loud and clear.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I really don’t know. I’m not well versed about that stuff.

I imagine that they'll want to keep it price competitive though. Keep the costs down by using off the shelf parts and not do anything that would drive up the price and sacrifice power like the Wii U GamePad did.

gsedgemanx

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jun 25, 2015
California
As for the future of Wii U, there isn't one. It's done. Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. were suppose to turn things around and they didn't. They have a strong attach rate but they didn't do much to push hardware. Zelda will be no different (really needs to be a cross gen title so that it can be a launch title for NX). Also, software sales are poor. Nothing is working. Continuing releasing software for it is really a dumb move at this point but it can't be helped. Gotta keep current customers happy.
I did not think about it this way. I'm sad now. I enjoyed those games very much.

darkbahamut

Balamb Garden Freshman
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Portsmouth, UK
I highly doubt any of this is true. Firstly, when the NX was mentioned back in March it sounded a lot like it was still in the conceptual stage, and hardware of any kind had not been started on. Secondly, I seriously doubt they could ship 20m NX units in the first year; Wii barely did that much in its first 12 months, and there were shortages.

As for games, I can see some moving to NX, but not all. I am probably one of the people who is confident that Zelda U will be on the Wii U only. Based on this game's history (the tech demo being used to decide on hardware for Wii U, for example), it makes no sense whatsoever it will be moved to NX. Being a launch title might be possible, but I can see Zelda launching on Wii U long before NX is released.

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I did not think about it this way. I'm sad now. I enjoyed those games very much.
Wii U should still have at least about 1.5 year lifespan, I imagine. So far, we hear nothing about the new console yet,so it will not make it for this holiday season, meaning if it does come out, it will be the earliest mid year 2016 with the aim of holiday push.

Enjoy what the console has to offer now. Nintendo system, since SNES, has always been my secondary system. I always will get it, and will enjoy the exclusives and the quality of the 1st party games. I haven't had that sort of smile playing a game like MK8 for a while and will continue supporting Nintendo for whatever it is.