No dual-audio, difficulty options or skipping cutscenes in FFX

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Apr 12, 2015
This game have Subs? If so just mute the sound and read the subs. You'd essentially be reading them anyways with dual audio. I seriouly never understand why people get that dissipointed in no dual audio. But to each there own i guess.
I just prefer Japanese dub than the English one. Easy as that.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Difficulty options would be too much effort to implement, but I was hoping for skippable cutscenes. I enjoy challanging battles (like Yunalesca) but having to watch a 5 minute cutscene over and over everytime I lose is extremely annoying. They managed to do it in KH remixes so why not here?

And I don't really want to be offensive, but I will:
This game have Subs? If so just mute the sound and read the subs. You'd essentially be reading them anyways with dual audio.
This was very stupid.

Sorry.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
As far as difficult options go you can easily do that with self imposed challenges, so no need to implement one. At this point skipping cutscenes should be a must feature.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
Difficulty options would be too much effort to implement, but I was hoping for skippable cutscenes. I enjoy challanging battles (like Yunalesca) but having to watch a 5 minute cutscene over and over everytime I lose is extremely annoying. They managed to do it in KH remixes so why not here?

And I don't really want to be offensive, but I will:

This was very stupid.

Sorry.
Ok no need to apologize i just realized what i did there i meant to say youd be reading subs regardless. Ha, only way one will know if they mes up is if someone points it out.

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
Sorry. What I meant to say is that it's more than likely because of Koda Kumi. Square probably did not see a point in paying her extra money to use the Japanese versions of the theme songs outside of Asia, because at the time, there was no intention to release an unlocalized version worldwide. She initially recorded her own English versions of the songs, but her accent was way too thick and was therefore replaced with Square's own localized version performed by Jade Villalon (credited as JADE from SWEETBOX). Either Kumi's music isn't licensed here (more than likely, because iTunes won't even let you purchase them, despite listing them), or they signed an exclusivity deal with Villalon. They probably thought that it wouldn't be fair for one game to be dual, and one not.

Again, this is speculation.