1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Nomura draws Sora

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Discussion' started by yeah_93, Oct 3, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

I thought it was a pretty cool video. That man has talent.

2. Takoyaki

Takoyaki Red Wings Commander

Yeah it was great video. Never seen him draw and his lineart is great.

LeonBlade likes this.
  3. KOKAYI5

KOKAYI5 Red Wings Commander

Yeah Nomura's a beast. I like most of his character designs. KH, Parasite Eve, WEWY, FF7, 10, 8.
    I don't even like Rinoa, but I'd wear a boy-version of her clothes in a heartbeat.
    And it's not just his art I like. I like his love for martial arts in his games. Some of the fight in KH2 were as good as watching Advent Children (also Nomura related).
    Am I a fanboy of Nomura. I don't think so. I like his work. I respect his drive and vision. But he's made mistakes. I can't get behind his usual over-focusing on males for example. While that's not a "mistake" it's not to my liking. I disagree with centralizing focus on one gender, race, or life choice.
    I hope as KH continues beyond KH3 (if it can, things have been dark in SE for a while not when it comes to Nomura) I hope he remembers the modest draws and sketching like this that started things. How Sora was "born" as a characters. There always seemed like a lot of heart went into the character. Corny though he may be at time, I never hated him. Never saw him as dumb. Just a teen who loved a girl he wasn't sure he was worthy of, and accidentally saves the universe in place of the would-be hero who was corrupted.

LeonBlade likes this.
  4. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

There was also twitter feeds of his drawings in which as the days go by, the official Kingdom Hearts twitter page uploads a image with the current status of the drawing on the left side of the image, along with Nomura with a Drive gauge (Kingdom Hearts II) on the right side. I think his drawing took him 9 days. The excitement grew for me each day when I thought he was going to show off Sora's new outfit for Kingdom Hearts III. Sadly it wasn't but it's still a treat to see the man behind such beloved games to draw the characters.

Who knows what's going to happen after the Xehanort saga but what I do know is that it's been confirmed that the Kingdom Hearts series will continue beyond Kingdom Hearts III. We will just have to see the outcome of the events that will take place in the game to theorize what we are to expect for the Kingdom Hearts game beyond KHIII.... Or better yet, we might expect a Final Mix version of KHIII and get something even more if Square Enix is continuing tradition.

It's really difficult to move on from Kingdom Hearts. I just love it so damn much.

LeonBlade and Orenji like this.
  5. somni

somni Yevonite

Nomura has always been an inspiration for me. He seems to be somewhat reserved compared to other artist I've followed, so it's great to finally see his actually process.
    Much like industry artists like Yoji Shinkawa, his art style has very unique and distinctive qualities. Which really contribute to making his best designs more iconic.

I really wish SE would release an "Art of Tetsuya Nomura" book or something. I'm sure there's even more art and concepts that never see the light of day. Especially since he never shows off his art outside of company affairs.

6. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Even better..... A DOCUMENTARY! Oh god. Hands down, I would watch it and buy it on Blu-ray.

7. Nikolasvanitas

Nikolasvanitas PSICOM Soldier

Yeah he is my favorite artist along with Akihiko Yoshida and he created my favorite franchise Kingdom Hearts,in my eyes he is a legend despite what the haters say :shifty:

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!