OST - Florence Welch Lyrics!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Violentos

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Dec 26, 2016
Was just listening to Florence + The Machine's track "Too Much Is Never Enough", originally created for the game. What an amazing song! It didn't even play during the game itself (HOW!?). Noticed the lyrics though in the bridge portion of the song... after finishing the game it is pretty powerful stuff!

"And who cares about the thing I did that night?
So what? Maybe Luna had it right.
And who cares if I'm coming back alive?
So what? At least I have the strength to fight!"

Awesome!

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
It didn't even play during the game itself (HOW!?).
I remember reading somewhere (can't find the bloody source) that Too Much is Never Enough and I Will Be may not be part of the main game, but are going to be related to DLC somehow. Likely some future scenario-related content.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
the song plays on the credits (unlocked in the main menu after you clear the game)

it's a beautiful song; I Will Be is missing in the game tho, i suppose they'll use that in a future DLC.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Was just listening to Florence + The Machine's track "Too Much Is Never Enough", originally created for the game. What an amazing song! It didn't even play during the game itself (HOW!?). Noticed the lyrics though in the bridge portion of the song... after finishing the game it is pretty powerful stuff!

"And who care about the thing I did that night?
So what? Maybe Luna had it right.
And who cares if I'm coming back alive?
So what? At least I have the strength to fight!"

Awesome!
The whole track takes on new meaning after watching the ending, honestly.

"Oh who decides from where up high
I couldn't say I need more time
Oh grant that I can stay the night
Or one more day inside this life."

It's all about the mixed emotions Noct feels towards his impending death -- he feels burdened by his role ("The crown it weighs heavy...") and wants to escape from it ("Retreating in covers and closing the curtains"). He's ambivalent towards his time on the road ("A year like this passes so strangely/Somewhere between sorrow and bliss") because it was the first time he had a chance to experience the wonders of the world even if that experience was sullied by the tragedies that befell him during that time. He desperately wants more time than the gods have given him even though he knows he's taken more time than he should already ("Too much is never enough"). But, on the other hand, he's made his peace, because he knows what is required of him if he's to have the strength to do what needs to be done ("
And who cares if I'm coming back alive?/So what? At least I have the strength to fight!").

I wonder whether it was ever intended to be used for a scene in-game. Or maybe it was meant to be the credits track, but they decided to use Stand by Me for flashbacky purposes instead?

Violentos

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Dec 26, 2016
the song plays on the credits (unlocked in the main menu after you clear the game
Is this true? I only noticed the replay of "Stand By Me" during the credits, not this track. Unless it's at the very end of the last sequence of credits, because I did skip after the final Noct + Luna cutscene.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Is this true? I only noticed the replay of "Stand By Me" during the credits, not this track. Unless it's at the very end of the last sequence of credits, because I did skip after the final Noct + Luna cutscene.
there's two credits, one that you get after the final boss, and one that you can see on the main menu.

Violentos

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Dec 26, 2016
Ahh I see! It would be a shame to only use such a great song during the optional credits though. I wish it actually were absent all-together in hopes they would feature it in one of the 4 character-story-DLC's coming out in the future!