1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Persona 5 (PS4, PS3) - WW launch discussion

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Tornak, Apr 3, 2017.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Jubileus

Jubileus Sphere Hunter

So I'm past 1 week inside the game and things have started to really pick up. Really digging the story. Things got very serious all of a sudden. I mean, damn, I'm hooked.

Yeah I noticed how quickly the SP can deplete so I'm only using normal attacks and the gun if an enemy is weak against it.

Gotta say the enemies pack quite a punch in this game. Holy crap do they do a lot of damage. It's not "easy" like I thought it would be. Lots of stuff to learn in regards to the battle system. It's definitely more complex than Pokémon, which is what I thought this game would be like.

So many Confidants and Persona's, it's doing my head in trying to keep track of everything so only gonna focus on the ones that I really like.

Haven't found any books or even had the opportunity to do stuff other than story related segments atm. I suppose this comes after the first Palace? Thinking I'm near the end to finishing the first arc.

2. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Currently on the 2nd palace, game may very well dethrone Persona 4 as my favorite in the franchise.

3. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Forest Owl

Me still waiting for my local stores to get a copy of the game :meh:.

4. Jubileus

Jubileus Sphere Hunter

I just finished the 2nd Palace.

This game is dope. Took me awhile to familiarise myself with everything but now I understand it.

Building social stats and Confidants is the best part of the game. Not that into the battles and Palaces even if they're fun. The social side of it is my favourite aspect of the game.

5. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Forest Owl

Update on this:

Went there and asked if they already got copies, turns out they were supposed to get a package last week but it was delayed, for reasons :shifty:.
    They are expecting the package to arrive this weekend as earliest, at worst first week next month.

Fortunately I'm a patient person, otherwise I would be raging.

6. Jubileus

Jubileus Sphere Hunter

That sucks. I feel for you.

Just try not to get spoiled before you get the game.

7. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Forest Owl

8. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

Based off the glowing reviews, I decided to give this game a shot. I've never played a Persona game, and I'm not an anime fan in the slightest. But the game was being praised to the high heavens, so after BOTW it was worth trying out.

All I can say is that...I'm not the target demographic for this game. I got to the end of the 2nd Palace before deciding not to continue. It's definitely stylish, and the soundtrack is rather cool. I get its popularity; it's undoubtedly well-made and I can see the appeal. Congratulations to Atlus, but I'm going to have to leave it to the rest of you guys to enjoy.

9. Jubileus

Jubileus Sphere Hunter

All good. You're right in that it does have a very niche specific appeal to it.

If I recommended this to my friends (who don't watch anime or play Japanese games), they wouldn't like this game at all.

10. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Forest Owl

As a PS3 only owner, this is a bit disheartening to hear but I will still pick my copy and hopefully ignore this issue in the long run.

11. Jubileus

Jubileus Sphere Hunter

The game is enjoyable enough to ignore all of these. Should be alright.

12. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

Wait, why is there another Persona 5 thread? As in, why isn't this one being used for discussion?

I've been busy and haven't been able to play in a week (left the game at 30:00 hours, right before finishing the 2nd palace and after having grinded a lot).

Still enjoying it a lot, even though it's getting less "new" and more repetitive. Best thing is that I haven't even met most of the important characters, nor seen more than just glimpses of the main story arc.

Also, huge fucking difference between Normal and Hard. I kinda regret going with Normal, but I read that you get less money and EXP in Hard and I don't want that (not even sure if it's true, as I haven't really paid attention to that). With Hard you pretty much could die in any battle (unless you managed to get a Hold On), and now, maybe because I'm a bit overleveled (level 21 when the average is 17), I just don't have a single problem. But it's still very fun and I'm guessing that in upcoming dungeons things will get harder (I basically have exhausted all surprises in terms of battles in the 2nd one, so I'm always prepared).

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017 at 4:29 PM
  13. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Forest Owl

I guess bexause this is the WW launch thread?

If previous games are any indication, you would get less exp and money than in normal.

14. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

Yeah, that's why I stopped playing on Hard (also, a certain Palace boss fucked me up good the first time I wanted to fight him).

BUT I've also seen people saying that the only thing that changes is the amount of damage (the one your attacks do and the one you receive), whereas the classical "less money and EXP" is in the DLC dificulty. I don't want to take the chance, though, I'm comfortable on Normal Kappa.

I mean, it still says "discussion" and we've been discussing a game that has finally launched worldwide! But yeah, the title might lead to the mistake that's only for launch talk, which evidently wouldn't be the case. I was just honestly curious (especially as I haven't checked the forum in a while).

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!