1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Persona Special Stage TGS 2015 (Persona 5)

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Sep 10, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Atlus will be livestreaming their Special Stage event on their NicoNico channel.

The livestream will take place on September 19th from 2:30pm JST to 3:30pm JST.

If anybody is looking forward to the Active Time Report of FFXV, be warned that the ATR will overlap with Atlus' special event. Choose wisely or watch both at the same time. Your call.

2. Wazi the pa

Something to build the......... Excitement.

[​IMG]

3. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

Interested to see what Atlus has up their sleeve. Many are speculating a delayed release into 2016 for Persona 5, but Atlus themselves have remained adamant about the 2015 worldwide release on social media. There's also the consideration of whether or not Atlus has any other games in development. I believe Persona 5, the Fire Emblem crossover game and a secret game with Vanillaware are only ones the public have been made aware of.

4. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

The ATLUS livestream will begin 45 min after the ATR begins and the ATR would still have 45 mins to go before ending.

5. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

Etrian Odyssey V should still exist, though there hasn't been anything said about it since its announcement last November. Also, they are working on a remake of Odin Sphere called Odin Sphere Leifthrasir for PS4, PS3 and Vita in cooperation with Vanillaware.

So the list for Atlus's output would look like this:
    • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (PS4/PS3/PSV; JP/US/EU 2016)
    • Gen'ei Ibunroku #FE (Wii U; JP Dec. 2015, US/EU TBA)
    • Etrian Odyssey V (3DS; TBA)
    • Persona 5 (PS4/PS3; TBA)
    • Unannounced Vanillaware project
    So I speculate there's going to be at least another bit about Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, most likely the subtitle and the date for Etrian Odyssey V, the concrete JP date for Gen'ei Ibunroku #FE and lastly the Japanese date for Persona 5.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  6. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

7. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Trailer

Also, delayed until 2016. Not shocking at all.

BladeRunner and Wazi the pa like this.
  8. FootloosePhoenix

FootloosePhoenix Yevonite

Yeah, I really wasn't expecting Persona 5 to still release this year. I'm not disappointed, as long as Atlus makes it the best game it can be. But man, 2016 is going to be absolutely packed. I can't remember a year when more games that I wanted to get right away will come out.

9. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

So far so good but i hope this game wont be another P3/4.

10. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

2016? Great, I'll have enough time to finish Persona 4 first (I'm about halfway through). It seems they got rid of procedurally generated dungeons, which imho are the most boring part of P4, so maybe this time dungeon crawling will be actually fun.

11. FootloosePhoenix

Oh boy, if you thought Persona 4's dungeons are boring, you should see Persona 3. It's still one of my favourite games, but definitely not for the dungeon-crawling (or combat for that matter).

12. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

Yeah, I know. 250 repetitive floors and uncontrollable party members. I knew it would drive me insane so I decided to start with P4. I love the game, but I still find going through those dungeons boring. I'm glad that P5 already seems to be a major improvement in this aspect.

13. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

Oh WOW! Delayed until 2016? Who would have ever seen that coming!

At least it looks frickin awesome. I wonder if the blurred letters at the end mean anything. U M E 01 P 4 P 3.

Tartarus > TV world

14. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

The 250 random generated floors at least gave tension to the dungeon, something that was waterdown a bit in P4. (Still like the game btw)

15. FootloosePhoenix

I agree from a thematic and story standpoint, but they're both boring as hell to traverse. At least the different zones in the TV world were visually interesting. Still, I favour Persona 3 a lot more because of the characters and somewhat darker tone. A lot of people may disagree with me, but I think Junpei has an amazing character arc.

16. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

17. Wazi the pa

Persona 5's 'dark' world is either a carnival or a castle...... This is just form observation from that recent trailer....

18. ScienceNonfiction

1. Tartarus wasn't boring to traverse. It had that sense of danger. One wrong decision, either in battle or out of it, could kill you instantly. TV world had none of that. Of course P4 is just an easier game overall, but they dumbed down the dungeon crawling and battles too much.

2. Tartarus is more visually interesting than Tv world. More visually varied does in no way equate to more visually interesting. In Tartarus things got weirder the farther you went up. It started to look less and less like a school the closer you got to the top. Each new block looked strange and otherworldly. I won't pretend P4 didn't have some interesting locations, but some of them were incredibly dull. Kanji's place for example. Or void quest. Obviously 4's dungeons were supposed to be more grounded in reality, but it sure wouldn't have killed them to make them at least a little more interesting. They could've gotten more trippy the farther you went along for example. But no. Instead they just changed white steam to orange steam.

3. Tartarus actually gives you a sense of accomplishment when you get to the top
    and fight the final boss there.
    You can look back and say "Dang, I just conquered 250+ floors of this single huge tower." The dungeons in P4 felt unsatisfying because they were so short and disjointed.

4. There is actually a reason to explore Tartarus piece by piece! The health system and teleporters actually make it so you don't just run through all the way on the final night before the boss, and it makes planning and scheduling more fun this way! You actually have to plan well and intersperse S.Link/daytime stuff with exploring the dungeon. In P4 there is no good reason at all not to just blast through the dungeon all in a single day right at the end.

5. Tartarus has a better perspective. Top down was a heck of a lot easier on the eyes than whatever the hell P4 was.

6. Fuuka > Mitsuru > Teddie > bacteria > Rise

[​IMG]

19. ScienceNonfiction

Isn't it a museum or art gallery and they jump into the paintings Mario 64 style? Maybe it's in that big castle (edit: which is also like Mario 64, come to think of it)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  20. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Things i noticed in the P5 pv #3.

• Looks like now NPC dialogues will instanteneously pop up if you are closes to them instead of having to press the action button to trigger it. Also the enviroment has more stuffs.
    [​IMG]
    • Morgana┬┤s Persona reminds me of The Zorro.
    [​IMG]

• Some kind of All-Out attack.
    [​IMG]
    • An Takamaki┬┤s Persona (her element seens to be Agi and my guess is that her Arcana is either Lovers or Magician)
    [​IMG]
    • MC practicing advance level of wing tsun with the wooden dummy.
    [​IMG]
    • In P5 the MC summoning and changing of Personas seens to be related to the Masks (which i think it fits nicely with the franchise concept of what a Persona is)
    [​IMG]
    • Persona 2 MC ?
    [​IMG]

Wazi the pa likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!