Points that reveal Hiroyuki Ito (FFVI, FFIX, FFXII Director) is working on FFXVI (Ver 2.0)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
I have to laugh so hard about this thread now!!!
The next big console Final Fantasy is a Tetsuya Nomura directed Final Fantasy VII Remake! Ahahahahahahaha YEAH! Fucking YES!
Don't worry. 1Truth will find the way to make it so that this announce helps his theory about Ito directing XVI :p

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Don't worry. 1Truth will find the way to make it so that this announce helps his theory about Ito directing XVI :p
This person gets it.

May I remind you people that while Kitase/Nomura/Nojima were busy with Compilation of FFVII (AC, BC, CC, DoC) from 2003-2007, Hiroyuki Ito was busy directing FFXII. History is repeating itself here. Kitase/Nomura/Nojima are busy with FFVII Remake and whatever other FFVII titles they have hidden up their sleeve, while Ito is busy with FFXVI.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
This person gets it.

May I remind y'all that while Kitase/Nomura/Nojima were busy with Compilation of FFVII (AC, BC, CC, DoC) from 2003-2007, Hiroyuki Ito was busy directing FFXII. History is repeating itself here. Kitase/Nomura/Nojima are busy with FFVII Remake and whatever other FFVII titles they have hidden up their sleeve, while Ito is busy directing FFXVI.
What about Toriyama, Abe, Watanabe and Matsuoka?

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
What about Toriyama, Abe, Watanabe and Matsuoka?
Toriyama said his new game will be announced this year, so it'll be at either Square Enix E3 2015 Press Conference, Gamescom, TGS, or Jump Festa 2016 in December. That being said, if Toriyama's new game is announced this year as planned, it won't be FFXVI. There's no way Square Enix will announce both FFVII Remake and FFXVI before FFXV has even been released. It will kill off too many potential sales for Tabata's game.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Toriyama said his new game will be announced this year, so it'll be at either Square Enix E3 2015 Press Conference, Gamescom, TGS, or Jump Festa 2016 in December. That being said, if Toriyama's new game is announced this year as planned, it won't be FFXVI. There's no way Square Enix will announce both FFVII Remake and FFXVI before FFXV has even been released. It will kill off too many potential sales for Tabata's game.
Yeah, I'm not expecting XVI. I'm thinking it's Front Mission or Parasite Eve. I can't see X-3 happening until VII remake is done.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
This person gets it.

May I remind you people that while Kitase/Nomura/Nojima were busy with Compilation of FFVII (AC, BC, CC, DoC) from 2003-2007, Hiroyuki Ito was busy directing FFXII. History is repeating itself here. Kitase/Nomura/Nojima are busy with FFVII Remake and whatever other FFVII titles they have hidden up their sleeve, while Ito is busy with FFXVI.
Let's hope.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
This person gets it.

Let's hope today's conference surprises us.
But if they don't even announce FFXII HD I really don't care. My fanboy hunger was satisfied yesteday. Whatever happends today at Square Enix is just a plus for me.

But I also wish you're right. Final Fantasy XVI needs to exist.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
No sign of Hiroyuki Ito's game at E3 2015? Yep, no sign at E3 2015. This man. This fucking man. Can people see how protective Square Enix are of his latest project? It is becoming increasingly clear that Ito is working on some highly classified shit. A project that must be really, really important for company. May even be the most ambitious project they've made to date. At this point, it doesn't even matter whether it's FFXVI or not, as whatever he has been working on for the past 10 years is hands down the most enigmatic project I've encountered in my 22 years of gaming. Seriously, to have a director of this caliber working on a project for this many years and there not be a single leak or even passing word of mouth? Goodness me. This is on some Area 51 level shit.

People may say the 35+ points I made in my OP are reaching and that I'm spinning quotes, but doing so is the only way to try and uncover what this man is working on. The security around Ito's project is tight. Ridiculously tight. You'll only capture glimpses of what he could be doing by compiling and corroborating various evidence and interpreting it based on the most likely outcome of the situation: Ito directing FFXVI.

I also noticed there was no mention of FFXII HD Remaster at E3 2015. I believe this is because Square Enix don't want Ito having interviews promoting the game to be used as an opportunity for journalists to bombard him with questions about what he's been working on since FFXII. Basically, a FFXII HD Remaster will only be announced when Ito's next project is announced. This man. The wait for his games is neverending.

Last edited:

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Just so it's out there, I'm not going to respond to any flame baiting. Anybody attempting that is wasting their time. My new mindset making this thread is to just discuss my findings and nothing more. I'm not even going to bring up FFXV anymore. I'll post exclusively about Ito and FFXVI and that's it. If people have no interest in my views or believe my findings in this thread to be weak and biased, they're welcome to leave. Nobody is forcing you to be here.

Also, another point I'll make clear now. I have no fanboy bias in wanting Ito on FFXVI. I used to really want him on it circa 2010-2014, but I'm no longer interested in that idea. On the contrary, I'd rather him direct The Last Remnant II, Vagrant Story II, or a brand new IP. Me still saying he's on FFXVI is me being a realist and going off the most likely game he's been working on. Having directed three mainline FF games in the past, it makes logical sense he would direct another. My list of points also supports this being the case. However, I personally would prefer it wasn't.

Sep 26, 2013
I also noticed there was no mention of FFXII HD Remaster at E3 2015. I believe this is because Square Enix don't want Ito having interviews promoting the game to be used as an opportunity for journalists to bombard him with questions about what he's been working on since FFXII. Basically, a FFXII HD Remaster will only be announced when Ito's next project is announced. This man. The wait for his games is neverending.
I highly doubt this...

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
1Theory2ManyDenials
1TruthSeeker2ManyDenialists

I didn't believe it initially, but it's starting to grow on me. I think a FFXII HD Remaster will be announced around the same time FFXVI (which Ito is likely making) is announced. It seems that's how things are right now. For example, both Gears of War HD and Gears of War 4 were announced at the same Microsoft E3 Press Conference. Something similar could happen with FFXII HD and FFXVI.

I don't know about that theory @1Truth2Lies .....
You need to quote what theory you're referring to, as I don't know which one you mean.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Maybe FFXIIHD is for TGS.
It's nice to dream. Me? I'm not like that anymore. I'm embracing my newfound pessimism. FFXII HD will be announced the sametime as Ito's new game, whenever that will be. It will be similar to how both Gear of War HD and Gears of War 4 were announced at Microsoft E3 2015 Press Conference. The wait for Ito's new games is neverending.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
1truth learn what Sarcasm is buddy. A great bit of people in here were using it.
I used to be able to identify sarcasm easily, but my recent history with internet hate and cyber bullying has made me unable to tell the difference. Therefore, people shouldn't waste sarcasm on me, as it now falls deaf ears, meaning your sarcasm could get you lashed out on. Anyway, as I said earlier, I'll stay in my niche and just post Ito/FFXVI speculation. People don't like my views? The ignore list is there for a reason.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
I used to be able to identify sarcasm easily, but my recent history with internet hate and cyber bullying has made me unable to tell the difference. Therefore, people shouldn't waste sarcasm on me, as it now falls deaf ears, meaning your sarcasm could get you lashed out on. Anyway, as I said earlier, I'll stay in my niche and just post Ito/FFXVI speculation. People don't like my views? The ignore list is there for a reason.
Well i mean concerning this forum, you dont post in other threads man, try getting out there and become a part of this society/group. Other then just the Ito stuff.

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
So do you think there's a large scale project of hundreds just toiling away on this in secret or it's just Itou in a lab prototyping game design stuff until FF15 (and now FF7R) ramp down?

Status
Not open for further replies.