Points that reveal Hiroyuki Ito (FFVI, FFIX, FFXII Director) is working on FFXVI (Ver 2.0)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I'm going to be completely honest and say that part of the reason I want Square-Enix to announce Final Fantasy XVI is so NoTruthAllLies will finally get his heart's desire and bugger off.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Well i mean concerning this forum, you dont post in other threads man, try getting out there and become a part of this society/group. Other then just the Ito stuff.
No, thank you. I already have a misinterpreted reputation for being obsessed with Ito, which spilt over here from @yeah_93 who saw my posts on GameFAQs. There's no point trying to revert a negative image on the internet. You have to just roll with it. Besides, I used to post in FFXV threads, but my pessimism about that game made people turn on me. Therefore, I'm not touching another FFXV thread ever again. I'll stick to the Ito/FFXVI subject, as that's what people know me for. However, that being said, I'll be making threads on the topic sparingly, like once every 2-3 months. I honestly don't see his new game being announced until 2017.

So do you think there's a large scale project of hundreds just toiling away on this in secret or it's just Itou in a lab prototyping game design stuff until FF15 (and now FF7R) ramp down?
Definitely not large scale, but not just Ito either. I'd say there's 20-50 people on it right now. That might not sound like much, but Vagrant Story was made by 50 people, so you can be sure they'll still be able to do a lot with a team that size. The game is much further along than most people think. There's people out there that think FFXVI hasn't even started concept planning yet. The 35+ points in my OP reveal that's not the case.

I'm going to be completely honest and say that part of the reason I want Square-Enix to announce Final Fantasy XVI is so NoTruthAllLies will finally get his heart's desire and bugger off.
See? To the guy that said I'm not seeing the intended sarcasm. I don't see posts like this as sarcasm. Therefore, I'm going to reply likewise:

I'm going to be completely honest and say that part of the reason I want you to add me to your ignore list is because I don't want you coming into my fucking threads. Back the fuck up, Jefuckshit. Go jerk off to the FFVII Remake announcement trailer instead of coming in this thread and dissing in an attempt to start a flamewar. If you don't like my posts/views, why are you even up in this thread? GTFO and don't come back! You obviously ain't even reading my posts, as if you did, you'd know I don't even want Ito on FFXVI like I did back in circa 2010-2014. The man should be at the helm of Vagrant Story II. Leave FF to one of the many other FF employees.

Just add me to your ignore list and be done with it, for fuck sake. Man, some flamebaiting internet people. Once they see somebody they dislike, they will forever try and rile them up. Damn...

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
@1Truth2Lies you are not obliged to post if you don't want but here in the forum you have other topics to discuss aside from FF, like the KH, RPG and general gaming sections to post things. You can freely use them.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
@1Truth2Lies you are not obliged to post if you don't want but here in the forum you have other topics to discuss aside from FF, like the KH, RPG and general gaming sections to post things. You can freely use them.
I have no interest in any RPGs other than FFXII HD and Ito's next game, unfortunately. Therefore, I'm not motivated to join any other discussion on this forum. I was in the FFXV threads, but my pessimism was more a drawback than a constructive criticism. Also, in hindsight, I was ruining people's hype for the title with my negative views. That's why I'm never expressing my opinion on FFXV ever again on this forum. I'll just stick to the Ito/FFXVI subject, as that's what I'm known for. It can be my niche expertise.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I have no interest in any RPGs other than FFXII HD and Ito's next game, unfortunately. Therefore, I'm not motivated to join any other discussion on this forum. I was in the FFXV threads, but my pessimism was more a drawback than a constructive criticism. Also, in hindsight, I was ruining people's hype for the title with my negative views. That's why I'm never expressing my opinion on FFXV ever again on this forum. I'll just stick to the Ito/FFXVI subject, as that's what I'm known for. It can be my niche expertise.
Yeah, I see nothing wrong with this. The only reason I've ever had any complaints with 1Truth was with the excessive dismissal of other people's opinions on other titles including XV. I'm looking forward to XVI and I hope that Ito is directing it as well. It would be great to get FFXII HD Remaster with a XVI demo or something honestly but either way both of those should come out.

This IS 1Truth's thread after all, this is all about Ito and about XVI.

Sep 26, 2013
I didn't believe it initially, but it's starting to grow on me. I think a FFXII HD Remaster will be announced around the same time FFXVI (which Ito is likely making) is announced. It seems that's how things are right now. For example, both Gears of War HD and Gears of War 4 were announced at the same Microsoft E3 Press Conference. Something similar could happen with FFXII HD and FFXVI.
I dunno. Maybe Gamescom or TGS is cock-blocking us? Gamescom is only 6-7 weeks away from E3. They're probably saving some stuff for that event like Microsoft is doing with Crackdown, Quantum Break and Scalebound.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Yeah, I see nothing wrong with this. The only reason I've ever had any complaints with 1Truth was with the excessive dismissal of other people's opinions on other titles including XV. I'm looking forward to XVI and I hope that Ito is directing it as well. It would be great to get FFXII HD Remaster with a XVI demo or something honestly but either way both of those should come out.

This IS 1Truth's thread after all, this is all about Ito and about XVI.
Thanks for the love. I'm very glad to see we've put our differences behind us. :)

I apologise for an offense I may have caused you in our past quarrels. My beef with you is now squashed. I'll always have a negative image on forums, as it's a result of the path I chose. If I wasn't always making threads about Ito/FFXVI, I'd still be a random forum user. However, the constant threads on this particular subject, is what made me stand out and land both supporters and detractors. Sadly, I obtained far more of the later than the former. Anyway, you live and learn and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

The thing is, there's many people that want Ito directing FFXVI. My threads might give off the impression that there's only a few of us, but there's actually many, many of us. The problem is that most think it's just wishful thinking and will never happen. Some even think Hiroyuki Ito has already left Square Enix. That's why I made this thread. I wanted to show people that there's evidence to support our belief.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
Ok man, i mean this in no disrespect, FF12 can't be all that you play lol. As i said before i support your passion and you are right this is your thread. You seem like you could be a coo person. Id like to see this passion on other topics.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
I dunno. Maybe Gamescom or TGS is cock-blocking us? Gamescom is only 6-7 weeks away from E3. They're probably saving some stuff for that event like Microsoft is doing with Crackdown, Quantum Break and Scalebound.
Here's the thing, though. What if FFXVI is also set in Ivalice? That could be what's causing the hold up over a FFXII HD announcement. They likely want to promote both games at the same time. If FFXVI is set in Ivalice, they'll use that as way to draw more attention to FFXII HD. They may even plan a whole new Ivalice Alliance campaign with new games such as FFTA3 also being announced. This is all possible. I can already see a FFXVI demo being included in FFXII HD and that driving sales on PS4, especially given how late the HD Remaster would be launching on PS4 hardware. It would be a genius promotional and marketing strategy.

Ok man, i mean this in no disrespect, FF12 can't be all that you play lol. As i said before i support your passion and you are right this is your thread. You seem like you could be a coo person. Id like to see this passion on other topics.
Oh, I play other games. LOL! I just don't think I'm as passionate about them as FFXII and its potential successor. I'm a big fan of Monster Hunter, though! :)

Last edited:

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Hey @1Truth2Lies, I admire your passion towards FFXVI and FFXII and lets both hope that XII gets a remaster real soon and XVI becomes a beast.

I don't want you to get the wrong impression of me man. In the past, things got on the wrong foot and (supposedly) all hell broke loose. Now that's become history, let's move forward with the resolution of having a friendly relationship between me, you and the MC community.

Though your opinions maybe at times totally different to the rest of the members of this forum, I will do my best to respect it and have a friendly discussion with you about it and I hope the community does as well. That's what forums exists for anyway.
No problem. It's all just gaming, anyway. There's really no need for people to be on the receiving end of personal attacks and stuff. Also, I don't have a negative opinion on anybody here. I know this is the internet, so can't really hate or dislike anybody here. The internet is a hostile place when it comes to opinions, so arguments will inevitably happen. The main thing is reaching a resolve afterwards. Also, don't let the arguments spill into personal attacks and stuff. That's where I draw the line, as then it starts spilling into hate and cyberbullying.

Anyway, as I said before, I'll stick to the Ito/FFXVI subject. However, my threads on the matter will be made more sparingly, as I honestly don't see FFXVI being announced before 2017 (FF 30th Anniversary).

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
@1Truth2Lies if it doesn´t bother you i´d ask you 2 questions :
  1. When do you think Ito started working on his game ? (when he started making sketches of the gameplay, plot, design, etc)
  2. When do you think he actually started developing the game ? (Build assets, textures, models, AI programing, etc)

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
@1Truth2Lies if it doesn´t bother you i´d ask you 2 questions :
  1. When do you think Ito started working on his game ? (when he started making sketches of the gameplay, plot, design, etc)
  2. When do you think he actually started developing the game ? (Build assets, textures, models, AI programing, etc)
Good questions.
  1. FFXVI (then known as FFXV) began development in Q1 2008, which was roughly 6 months after FFXII IZJS released.
  2. The answer to this is more complicated, as the game has been continually pushed back for a variety of reasons (FFXIV 1.0 failing and many of the staff moving over to ARR, PS3/360 not having enough power to handle Ito's gameplay ideas, VersusXIII becoming FFXV and management making Ito's game FFXVI instead, etc). All these reasons, and more we don't know about, have made the game continually pushed back. However, it was likely already running on PS3/360 in playable form before FFXIV 1.0 bombed in September 2010. As it stands, I believe it's well into pre-production on PS4/XB1. I'd even go as far as saying there is playable early build somewhere behind closed doors at Square Enix.
I made a lengthy post with all my speculation on FFXVI's development in September 2014. You can read it here.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Toriyama said his new game will be announced this year, so it'll be at either Square Enix E3 2015 Press Conference, Gamescom, TGS, or Jump Festa 2016 in December. That being said, if Toriyama's new game is announced this year as planned, it won't be FFXVI. There's no way Square Enix will announce both FFVII Remake and FFXVI before FFXV has even been released. It will kill off too many potential sales for Tabata's game.
This doesn't make any sense.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
This doesn't make any sense.
It makes perfect sense. You're just not thinking squarely.

If both FFVII Remake and FFXVI are announced before FFXV releases, there will definitely be people that skip FFXV to wait for either FFVII Remake or FFXVI to release. The same happened with FFXII and FFXIII in 2006. There were some people that saw the E3 2006 trailer for FFXIII and so decided to skip FFXII when it released in October that year. FFXV has an even worse situation on its hands, as people know it used to be VersusXIII and was announced way back in 2006, before PS3 was even released.

The bottom line is simple. The more AAA Final Fantasy games that get announced before FFXV releases, the lower the sales potential for it becomes. FFXV could only get its highest sales potential when people believed it was the only AAA FF game for the foreseeable future this gen. That's no longer the case. Matter of fact, Tabata even said FFXV's success would determine if there would be more AAA FF games on PS4/ XB1. With the FFVII Remake being announced, it has proven this is no longer true. Therefore, some people can (and will) skip buying FFXV and just wait for FFVII Remake.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
It makes perfect sense. You're just not thinking squarely.

If both FFVII Remake and FFXVI are announced before FFXV releases, there will definitely be people that skip FFXV to wait for either FFVII Remake or FFXVI to release. The same happened with FFXII and FFXIII in 2006. There were some people that saw the E3 2006 trailer for FFXIII and so decided to skip FFXII when it released in October that year. FFXV has an even worse situation on its hands, as people know it used to be VersusXIII and was announced way back in 2006, before PS3 was even released.

The bottom line is simple. The more AAA Final Fantasy games that get announced before FFXV releases, the lower the sales potential for it becomes. FFXV could only get its highest sales potential when people believed it was the only AAA FF game for the foreseeable future this gen. That's no longer the case. Matter of fact, Tabata even said FFXV's success would determine if there would be more AAA FF games on PS4/ XB1. With the FFVII Remake being announced, it has proven this is no longer true. Therefore, some people can (and will) skip buying FFXV and just wait for FFVII Remake.
If anything the announcement of more Final Fantasy games for the PS4 will increase the potential sales of XV by a large amount.

More cool announcements = more people are willing to buy a PS4 = higher install base = more sales for XV. Is that really so hard to understand? lol

You really need to get rid of that bullshit "my final fantasy will destroy your final fantasy" mentality. Final Fantasy is one huge franchise where every new entry benefits from another. There's no rivalry between those games.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
If anything the announcement of more Final Fantasy games for the PS4 will increase the potential sales of XV by a large amount.

More cool announcements = more people are willing to buy a PS4 = higher install base = more sales for XV. Is that really so hard to understand? lol

You really need to get rid of that bullshit "my final fantasy will destroy your final fantasy" mentality. Final Fantasy is one huge franchise where every new entry benefits from another. There's no rivalry between those games.
As I said, you're not thinking squarely.

Nobody smart and on a budget would buy a PS4 for a game until that game is actually announced, as they know there will be a price drop by then. FFVII Remake will obviously launch after FFXV, so people excited exclusively for that game won't buy a PS4 when FFXV releases. Even people that already own a PS4, if they were not interested in FFXV, them being interested FFVII Remake does not mean they will now automatically be interested FFXV. Both games are very different, even if they both carry the FF name.

The bullshit mentality you claim I have is a lie. I don't think like that. Don't know where you picked that up from. Actually, I do know. It's one of the many misconceptions of me acquired by making these Ito/FFXVI threads. That being said, you are factually wrong about there being no rivalry between the FF games. Yoshinori Kitase confirmed there was rivalry back at E3 2005 (exactly ten years ago). He said that one of the reasons each mainline FF is different is because each team is competing with each other to make the best games. Therefore, FF being a huge franchise is not one where each titles benefits the next, but rather one where each title is competing with the next to be the best in the series. It's only direct sequels where your false claim applies. Your claim doesn't apply to the mainline series.

Last edited:

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Yeah I probably shouldn't have been so naive to think I can start a rational discussion with you. My bad!

By the way do you also read your own posts after posting them? If so....
tumblr_n2yahivMBG1syi1rqo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.