Prominence of The Mystic, Fierce, Rogue and Oracle Kings in the XV Universe

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
If you pay a bit of attention to the XV Universe, you will notice that these specific Kings seem to get most attention (if you could call it that) out the twelve Kings we know (sans Regis).

The Mystic
  1. Is one of the four Kings (statue) to fight in the Kingsglaive movie.
  2. Is one of the three Kings you fight in the newest Insomnia expansion.
  3. Is one of the five Kings that show up to presence the final struggle between Noctis and Ardyn.
  4. His Royal Arm parries Titan attacks.
The Fierce
  3. Is one of the five Kings that show up to presence the final struggle between Noctis and Ardyn.
The Rogue
The Oracle
  2. Is one of the five Kings that show up to presence the final struggle between Noctis and Ardyn.
  3. This is a bit minor but, it's the first Sigil you get in Comrades as well as being the only King that gets a cutscene in that expansion.
Threy follow a "pattern" (if you could call it that) but, there are some caveats , two of the four Kings' Royal Arms are optional (Fierce and Rogue), although canonically speaking Noctis does get all 13 Royal Arms by the end of the story.

Thoughs?

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
the Mystic being the founder king (and Ardyns brother) already justifies that.

the Oracle too given the importance of them in the world of FFXV.

im not sure about the Fierce and the Rogue tho, still havent read their datalog.

zarion

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 28, 2018
Norway
curiouscat.me
The Oracle was a king who stepped up when the oracle of his time died and took up the oracle's duties. So it doesn't contradict the previous statement about the Trident belonging to the oracle's line, he just used it in her stead for some time until the next oracle was ready. The Wise is more prominent than the Oracle however and he has more backstory too.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
The Oracle was a king who stepped up when the oracle of his time died and took up the oracle's duties. So it doesn't contradict the previous statement about the Trident belonging to the oracle's line, he just used it in her stead for some time until the next oracle was ready. The Wise is more prominent than the Oracle however and he has more backstory too.
oh so that means the trident is kinda of a source for the oracles healing abilities? and then when the king used the trident it became a royal weapon after his death, and was probably returned to another oracle at that time (that would explain why Luna wields it).

and yeah i think the Wise got a section on the datalog just for him

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
No, it means that the oracle king has no known familial relation to the Nox Fleuret line. Just that he took over the duties of the oracle for some time.
but why the king had healing powers? surely wanting to take the mantle is not enough, that's why i think the trident holds the source of the oracles abilities (you can even see the oracle holding it in the cosmogony book).

i think bahamut gifted the crystal to the kings to protect, and the trident for the oracles... and when the oracle died the king used the trident to take her place; just a theory but it makes sense.

mcreation

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 21, 2018
i believe the fierce the wise and the rogue, are representations of the bros, gladio, ignis and prompto respectively, and the oracle of luna, as the mystic is of noctis,

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Rogue representing Prompto seems a bit of a stretch. Unless I'm missing some important detail.
Was just about to say this.

I don’t see any Rogue like characteristics in him unless you count him being a Nif and clone as those.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Rogue representing Prompto seems a bit of a stretch. Unless I'm missing some important detail.
The Rogue is the King who Prompto helps take down in the Royal Edition. She's also associated with agility and ranged weapons. That's as good a reason as any, I'd say. *shrugs*

Tonitrus Lucis Caelum

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 5, 2018
The Rogue is the King who Prompto helps take down in the Royal Edition. She's also associated with agility and ranged weapons. That's as good a reason as any, I'd say. *shrugs*
Nah, I think he means that they don't really have a ton of similarities.

Well, they're both projectile-users and lack durability, but that's it.

I can see Gladiolus and the Fierce, but Ignis and the Mystic is another one that doesn't do it for me.