1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

PULSE POUNDING!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by KOKAYI5, Jun 5, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

?

Do you miss Action Cartoons shows?

1. YES, MOST CHANNELS ONLY SHOW COMEDIES THAT ARE REN AND STIMPY KNOCKOFFS!

66.7%
  2. YEAH BUT WHO CARES, ANIME'S BETTER AND THAT'S ALL OVER THE NET

33.3%
  3. MEH, I'M TOO OLD TO CARE ABOUT ACTION SHOWS, ANIME OR AMERICAN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. NO, I DON'T MISS THEM, THEY WEREN'T THAT BIG A DEAL FOR ME

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. NO, I DON'T MIND THEM BEING GONE, MORE ACTION SHOWS WILL COME ONE DAY

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KOKAYI5

KOKAYI5 Red Wings Commander

Remember X-Men in the 90s on FoxKids? That theme is my text ringtone!
    Remember Batman the animated series? Remember the first time Superman met Darksied in the Superman animated series?
    What about Justice League? JL Unlimited? Or the more recent Young Justice?

Good times right? I LOVE action cartoons. Especially since I can't afford to buy lots of comic issues or manga. So I try to watch anime and action cartoons whenever I can. There used to be no shortage of them. And you could have a hard time seeing them all without missing one (some would come on the same time).

But since Cartoon Network and most other channels no longer let action cartoons last more than 2-3 seasons now (or only bring them out to promote a movie...) all we can really do is feel nostalgic and then sadness as we think back on these good ol' days. I know there are sites you can find the old shows and watch them for free, but I just miss waking up in my preteens and eating pancakes with too much syrup and watch Wolverine claw his way up the back of a Sentinel.

Let's all list our favorite action shows (anime, superhero, any of them)! For my list I'll list if they're cancelled or still running too.

Avatar the last Air Bender (finished)
    Legend of Korra (still going, one of the last surviving non-movie endorsing series)
    Batman the Animated Series (finished)
    Superman the Animated Series (finished)
    Justice League (finished)
    Justice League Unlimited (cancelled)
    Thundercats (2011 remake, cancelled)
    Young Justice (cancelled)
    Dan Vs. (cancelled, not an action show, but a funny sitcom about hair-brain schemes and anger management)
    Generator Rex (skip the comedy episode and this shows gets badass real fast, cancelled)
    Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes (cancelled, this was swept aside for Avengers Assemble which is mostly a show to keep hype for the movies alive over the years, though both are decent)
    Tron Uprising (cancelled)
    Motorcity (cancelled)
    Fullmetal Alchemist/ FMA Brotherhood (finished)
    Outlaw Star (finished)
    Gundam 00
    8th MS Team
    Batman Beyond (cancelled, finish is some episodes in JL Unlimited)
    Cowboy Beebop

2. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

Biker Mice from Mars was always my big love as far as action cartoons go. I can't even remember that much about it, but Vinny was my favourite.

3. KOKAYI5

Didn't they recently bring that back on Fox Kids before the nixed Fox Kids a few years ago?

4. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Heh. I remember The Adventures of Batman and Robin on Fox. That was a good show. Even own the SNES game too.

The 1987 TMNT cartoon show was fucking sweet. Cowabunga! :cool:

5. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Batman Beyond and Batman the Animated series were my two most watched action shows on Cartoon Network.
    Hands down most of the time I go to Nickelodeon is to watch the Last Airbender. I still watch the Legend of Korra even still the show is releasing digitally now.
    I was also watching the 1987 version of TMNT but from a local channel.

Don't know why but I feel today's shows have not surpassed but this is just me typing those "Back in my day..." comments.
    However, the most memorable show I will always keep close to my heart (although comedic, but lesson learning).....
    Is Courage the Cowardly Dog.

[​IMG]

For me, this show was more than just a comedy; most of the episodes are a life lesson with the use of psychological comedy and some elements of horror in the mix.
    To think this is a kids show......

6. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Nickelodeon was pretty good in the early 90's. Ren and Stempy and Salute your Shorts(not a cartoon) were great shows.

Watched a ton of Warner Bros. cartoons too. Looney Toons, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs and Freakazoid! come to mind.

For Disney, there was Darkwing Duck, Goof Troops, Duck Tails, Tailspin and probably a few others I can't remember.

I remember shows like Samurai Pizza Cat and Sailor Moon airing early in the morning. Yeah, they were showing Sailor Moon before they brought it over to Cartoon Network.

Cartoon Network came around and pretty much started watching that station more often. Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing, Cowboy Bebop, Tenchi Muyo, Reboot...

Man there was a lot of stuff. I have faint memory of seeing a few Voltron episodes. Remember Captain N: The Game Master, Sonic the Hedgehog, Captain Planet, The Super Mario Bros. Super Show...

Damn... I watched a ton of cartoons back in the day.

7. KOKAYI5

I remember Samurai Pizza Cats. Looking back they play fast and lose with the plot and dialogue of that show. Guido actually said "I'm aroused!" My parents made me stop watching after that. I was a preteen back then.

8. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

All I remember about Darkwing Duck is that I really loved it as a kid.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!