1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Quad9Dyne

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Frei, Aug 21, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Frei

Frei Yevonite UFFSite Veteran

So I don't know how many of you were members of UFF's little enclave called Quad9Dyne, and maybe I missed a memo, but it's no longer extant. It's been dead for weeks and that usually signals bad news.

Does anyone know anything and/or have contact details for Kuro?

2. Kaii

Kaii Red Wings Commander Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

I remember Quad9Dyne and Kuro! I wish I knew more about what happened to Kuro, but all I have is old, possibly outdated email addresses: [email protected] and [email protected]

3. Fin

Fin Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

I last talked to Kuro on livejournal... I can't remember when, exactly, but I think it was sometime in 2010 or possibly after that, no later than 2011. And I know Quad9Dyne forums were still around ~2 years ago because I checked on it. I remember Kuro posted on the UFFSite forums occasionally around that time too.

No idea what's happened in between then and now, though, sorry. I'm a bad detective. Sometimes domain names expire and you just don't feel like keeping up with it anymore.

4. Minion

Minion Yevonite UFFSite Veteran

Holy hell, is Q9D still around?

5. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

The Quad9Dyne.com domain was renewed as recently as July, so they're evidently still around. I think they both still work in the games industry. Admittedly, not everybody is as persistent against death as Mike & I...

6. Blank!

Blank! Yevonite UFFSite Veteran

It's been ages. I'll send Roy (Akiross) an email and let him and Kuro (Michelle) know about this thread. ^^

7. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

Ha, another old face! Nuts. :eek:

8. CK25

CK25 Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Wow, this site is honestly one of the last remains of the Q9D/Ear-Tweak world that seemed so huge 10 years ago. Somehow I started thinking about it today and felt like looking up the forums. Was definitely surprised to see it has damn near been erased from the net. Then I came across this:

https:// encyclopediadramatica.se/Kurohime

Also came across random threads referencing Kuro's deviantart works being stolen/reproduced; I'm guessing that's where that hate-bio fits in. Pretty awful thing to do...

APZonerunner likes this.
  9. APZonerunner

Ha, well, it's one of those weird things... the lineage of this site is that it's from UFF9 (Later UFFSite) - Kuro was one of the mods on our boards, and then when we switched focus to general FF she set up Q9D as an FF9-specific place. UFFSite trundles on, and we hooked up with Nova Crystallis to create Mognet together as a new forum destination. So we're still standing!

10. Zeno

Zeno Stiltzkin's Apprentice

I miss Q9D too! I chat with Kuro on Tumblr sometimes, maybe last year-ish.

PS: Hi @Blank!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  11. Tarri

Tarri Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Are we talking about old faces?
    Can I pipe up?
    Because I was on the UFF9 site, and then the UFF site, and my name was Tarrier.
    I come back, my account seems to be gone, so... I guess I started over? xD

I'm also trying to see if I can find everyone I used to talk to!
    And... @APZonerunner - that is a name that seems familiar... :p

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!