Reboot FINAL FANTASY Versus (Petition)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Final Fantasy Versus XV coming in 2020
I'm not too sure about 2020, more like 2019, however if we don't hear anything about Versus XV then yeah it probably isn't happening, however if we do. I suspect it will just be a remake of the Stella meeting Noctis scene, I just hope the leaked Versus XIII plot isn't true I would hate it if Noctis killed Stella early in the game, and I would hate for Prompto to betray his friends, doesn't seem like his character.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
you guys will never forget if you keep thinking about how awesome Versus could be, there's a term saying move on for a reason.

all of this looks kinda depressing.

the original scenes were already changing with nomura (compare the scene on the first trailer to the one in 2013), and some leaks even said that noctis x stella wasn't even a thing anymore; the best you guys can do is hope that some of the concepts carry on in a future game and that's it.

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
However if it does happen I do have my wants for it:
1. Has to be a trilogy similar to the FFVII Remake, for it to make sense to happen.
2. Include some Kingslaive in it like playable Nyx
3. Has to be multiplatform or at the very least have a PC release if it's not going to be on Xbox One or Nintendo Switch at the very least release on PC, and be a decent port if it's not a decent port I'm going to melt.
4. The Chocobros characterization, along with Ravus has to be the same didn't like his design in Versus XIII tbh, I like his XV design much better, same with Regis, but if they decide Versus XIII Regis I wouldn't be a appalled to it.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
you guys will never forget if you keep hoping, there's a term saying move on for a reason.
I don't really care if it happens tbh, if it does great if it doesn't then hey at least I have the PC release of FFXV to look forward to, and I'm someone that has been following XV since 2011, watched all the trailers, and even stored some of them.
For me I thought it was a complete impossibility, but from what I've heard I think it was from a developer Versus XIII only turned into FFXV because of demand, kept resurrecting the project even when it was originally meant to be scrapped.
Me I don't have any hopes that it will happen, ok I sorta do, but not like the OP more like it will be cool, but I'm fine with it not happening, but thinking about it, it does have some financial viability, some would argue moreso than a FFXVI(If it's a trilogy, if it's a singular game then oh hell no, but as a trilogy with demand as oppose to FFXVI), whether it happens time will tell.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I know the team under Nomura was demotivated but I explained in a previous post that it wasent only Nomura that was to blame on this it was that squares mangment messed up when Versus XIII was in Development the mess up with XIV 1.0 really hurt and almost everyone was taken off versus XIII until it was rebooted in 2013. So with a little amount of people working on such an ambitious project that needs a large team feeling unmotivated is understandable but this was hardly Nomuras fault. The whole failure of bringing out Versus XIII was mostly due to square enix's mangement for the past 10 years.

I am giving them a chance, I still speak out over my disappointment over XV cause I have waited for it for so long and it hit me hard when it didnt live up to my expectations. I do understand the development though and the problems it went through. Square Enix management just messed up with this game and in the end it couldn't get completed and live up to its potential. I hope Tabata hears all this feedback and the patches fix some gripes I have.
There's a difference between constructive criticism that paves way for interesting and forward moving conversation, and criticism that is nothing but inherent complaining that leads to more complaining and nothing else.

People fall into either one of those categories.

That's all I'm gonna say.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
There's a difference between constructive criticism that paves way for interesting and forward moving conversation, and criticism that is nothing but inherent complaining that leads to more complaining and nothing else.

People fall into either one of those categories.

That's all I'm gonna say.
Versus XIII was really nothing more than just concepts that people latched onto hell I'm going to bet that was one of the reasons FFXV was Versus XIII based instead of being a western made Final Fantasy game, I for one am alright if the Versus XV reboot does happen, I would be fine if it doesn't either unlike llazy77 who absolutely wants it to happen. I myself argue it's prospect of happening are from a more safe financial investment, guaranteed returns, and demand if this Versus XV reboot does in fact become the trilogy Nomura had planned. I myself am unsure of it's artistic merits though, and whether Nomura would want to go back to Versus XIII when it's all said and done. FFXV could be seen as the main game with a conclusion, and Versus XV can be an alternate timeline with some differences in events, setting(more like Type-0, and FFXIII in terms of lore ie Fal Cie, L'Cie, Cieth), but with Kingslaive elements, and FFXV elements if made into a trilogy using some of the assets of FFXV I could see it being a financially viable move for Square Enix, as opposed to using some of the concepts for FF16(or Agni's Philosophy, because while it may have some demand, I haven't seen anywhere close to the sheer demand Versus XIII has(guess the gameplay trailers helped a lot)