1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

[RUMOR]Final Fantasy XV Future DLC and Update leak

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Momo333, Aug 10, 2017.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

Gamescom starts in two days. The most prominent "leaks" were about the new XBox X - and, personally speaking, the press conference did nothing to sway me to purchase one.

Given the nothingburger of the Microsoft conference, the lack of leaks (and we've all heard the wild rumors) should caution us to temper expectations accordingly. Who knows - maybe SE's showing will be truly transcendent, living up to our wildest dreams. But that's not what's been promised.

2. Storm

Storm SOLDIER Second Class

they promised relevant news, just expecting that.; might be just related to multiplayer tho.

3. llazy77

llazy77 AVALANCHE Warrior

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/23/square-enix-big-announcements-final-fantasy-xv-gamescom-2017/

they said "big announcements"

Multiplayer is already out it has to be something else

4. Storm

it's not, they only made a test version available (with limited content, there's many elements to be revealed about multiplayer).

i doubt they'll only talk about that, we'll see.

5. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

They do have to talk about the survey results sometime soon too. Some people think they'll announce a PC version but its probably too early for that.

Bazztek likes this.
  6. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

Agree with Nova. There are too many additional stuff they need to add into the game to be able to do PC now.

PC strikes me as something they'll do last as part of a definitive edition or something like that.

My bet is they'll talk about the survey results, and that they're gonna create an expansion based on the winning option.

7. Bazztek

Bazztek Red Wings Commander

SonOfEtro and Nova like this.
  8. Storm

new rumor from 4chan about the 2018's roadmap:

[​IMG]

most likely false but we'll know soon i guess

SonOfEtro likes this.
  9. FFChocobo18

FFChocobo18 Red Wings Commander

This is interesting, I'd take this with a grain of salt, but this could be good if done right.

Jubileus and SonOfEtro like this.
  10. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Why do i get the feeling thats its probably MercilessV or whatever making up shit again...

Not that i'd mind those type of updates though.

Bazztek and Storm like this.
  11. Alekzan

Alekzan PSICOM Soldier

While i'd glad to get this type of content, all this sounds fishy. Еveryone could write this based on all info what we have right now.

Storm likes this.
  12. FFChocobo18

FFChocobo18 Red Wings Commander

Yeah, even though this 'leak' is interesting, I would take it with a bucket of salt, we already know Episode Ardyn is happening thanks to the ATR, and the poster could just be posting a wishlist of sorts, or trying to play with people's hopes.

Alekzan and Storm like this.
  13. llazy77

llazy77 AVALANCHE Warrior

Nice, might boot up the game again once all those are out.

14. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

Those updates, if true, sound pretty good tbh.

I like how they’re thinking of adding Ep Ardyn and the existing DLC’s into the main game. That’s a very good idea.

15. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

I think updating the combat to be similar to Comrades is in the cards. They managed to get character switching back into the game and gave no hint at that being a goal from what I can recall. I believe Tabata when he says the dev team has evolved and grown from their past experiences. We'll be pleasantly surprised by the updates coming in 2018 I would wager. Let's also not forget that the Windows Edition of the game is coming next year.

Nova likes this.
  16. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23 Chocobo Knight

This sounds iffy but is honestly all a safe guess simply because it' based on what we'd know. Ardyn is a given and Luna is likely if they could develop a combat system around her. It is known that they'e wanted to expand Nifleheim and insomnia in various ways.

I can totally see them rewriting the 2nd half of the game to include a few, albeit small locations in Nifleheim, potentially adding that Station town before cartanica and actually opening up cartanica itself with the desert around it. Adding a dungeon or two to Tenebrae would be nice, and may be even opening up Accordo and Gralea could really do the game some narrative and world building justice.

17. Storm

as soon as i noticed the panoramic view mode in Ep Ignis, with multiple squares like a board, where you can track the invaded parts of the city, it reminded me of this... not even counting the ring part, and the other things he got right.

a good guesser or a complete troll that mixed truth with a lot of bullshit.

Paperchampion23 likes this.
  18. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23 Chocobo Knight

I feel like thats way too good of a guess to be entirely bullshit. Concepts get thrown around all the time and the leaker could have just given us the list of what they "may" have intended to do. Its likely way more refined.

Thats just being positive though. Very interesting.

Also the fact that the leaker says you will fight against Ravus AND Caligo is also just too much of a coincidence. We had no idea both would even be involved in the DLC.

Edit: Looking at the other stuff from the leak, everything else seems plausible. I have a feeling they didn't have enough time to exactly develop the entirety of Niflheim for Comrades (so they made it set in Lucis), BUT I do feel like they will add areas to Accordo, Galahd, and Niflheim (albeit small and sectioned) to flesh out the expansion more. But I guess we'll see how much they actually do with the outpost system. Good thing Comrades is getting worked on separately from the main game team.
    The world of Versus expansion could potentially be the new gameplay concept they were talking about, who knows?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  19. Ikkin

Ikkin Chocobo Knight

It's not that surprising a prediction if one assumes that the leaker was aiming for maximum wish fulfillment value. Fighting Ravus as a human is something pretty much everyone wanted ever since the game came out, and given Calligo's role in the main game (he gets away on Ignis' watch and is never canonically fought after that), giving him to Ignis as a boss fight makes complete and total sense.

"Wish fulfillment" explains a lot of what's right and wrong in the other parts of the "leaker's" description of Ep Ignis at large, as well.

Tabata said he wanted Ep Ignis to be more strategic; attacking with explosives alongside the Altissian military would have been a pretty cool way to implement that. It also would require a lot more unique coding than the combat style we ended up getting.

Fighting waves of soldiers in the middle of a setpiece with all three of the bros? That's as pure wish fulfillment as you can get. XD (As it turns out, Ep Ignis isn't short on setpieces or awesome allies, but it chooses different setpieces and awesome allies.)

...okay, this might be even purer wish fulfillment. XD

If one wants more Luna, that'd make pretty good wish fulfillment.

This is probably the closest that the "leaker" got on Ep Ignis, but it takes the "choice" aspect in a completely different (and more obviously wish-fulfilling) than the actual Episode did.

Nova likes this.
  20. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

^ This.

Like, i get being excited for potential new additions, but from a skeptical rumour such as this (along with a lot of other content in the list that were/are still objectively wrong), i really wouldn't put that much credibility towards it.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!