1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

SE announces new RPG project from "Tales of" producer Hideo Baba

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by BladeRunner, Feb 21, 2017.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

Square Enix establishes Studio Istolia for new RPG “Project Prelude Rune”
    Hideo Baba talks new project in Famitsu

Tornak likes this.
  2. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

In short, it sounds like he essentially wants to make a Tales game under Square Enix.

3. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

Really liking this approach S-E is taking, especially because this one seems to be a rather big game as opposed to something like, say, I Am Setsuna.

Not the biggest fan of dragons, elves, dwarves and such (I'm fucking tired of them), but the concept art looks beautiful, so if they manage to get close to that, great. I hope it doesn't have an artstyle similar to the latest Tales of, though, really dislike it for the most part (Vesperia is an exception, but it has more to do with the graphic style and prowess rather the character design, I think).

4. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

I'm glad Square-Enix is trying something new at least. It's long overdue. That would be only reason this project somewhat interests me.

Tornak likes this.
  5. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

Indeed. Really liking how we have potentially big new RPG IPs in this and in Tabata's future project. Let the FF, DQ and KH brands breathe a little bit and try to create something that comes close enough in popularity.

6. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

Definitely other series need to shine. I've been playing a lot of older games lately (no idea why) and I've been enjoying many long-lost forgotten gems that don't have the widespread acclaim of current JRPG franchises, but are arguably more deserving of it. So I hope these endeavors by Square-Enix to create new IPs is met with success on a financial and popular level. As long as they are worthy and deserving of it anyway.

Tornak likes this.
  7. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

Didn't know Baba left Bandai Namco. I look forward to this, Baba is a decently talented man and I sincerely hope he gets more leeway from Square Enix than he (allegedly) got from Bamco.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!