Series of Mana (Web Series_

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ManaKnight

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 7, 2018
Hi everyone!
I am a little unsure about posting this, but figured that I would let you know encase it interested anyone.

In short, I am an actor/writer/director who has been making web series and films of various natures for the past couple of years.

I have just released, a few days ago, the first (now second) episode of a web series adapted from my all time favourite game of all time, Secret of Mana.

I just thought that I would share this with you encase it interested anyone.

I made the series because SOM has been a massive influence in so much of my life. I am a very spiritual person, and I would say that it was The Secret of Mana that was responsible for really opening my heart to this way of thinking. Mana is life and life is Mana. It just resonates so much for me. In addition, it taught me concepts of love, loss, and friendship to a point where they actually meant something. That might sound overdramatic, but at age eight when I first played this, I had not witnessed or known anyone close to me who had died or really left my life at that point. Mana made me consider these things in more detail.

The music has always stayed with me too. I listen to it when writing, walking, and just needing to think about things. There is something quite magical about it that really takes me to another world.

Though my love for the game went beyond what was confided to the television screen. I was always the imaginative kid – the one who didn’t play football, but engaged in imaginary make believe games. I would pretend to be Randi (the game’s protagonist) as I explored forests looking for Rabites with my stick (sword) in hand. I wanted so badly to do that in real life! The Series of Mana is a way of living out that dream.

I actually thought of doing this series around five years ago, but then quickly dismissed it as not being achievable. I believed that it needed far more money and the logistics were impossible for someone like me to create, but as time went on, and I continued to gain more experience, it really became clear to me exactly how I can do it, and I really had no reason not to do it.

I wanted to make this amazing world a reality. To bring the characters to life beyond a screen and to go on that adventure I wanted to as a child, but this time I am not going at it alone. I will be bringing you (the viewers!) and a whole host of friends along for the ride!

Please note that the entire first series was made with 300 pounds. So, I am sure that there will be many detractors because of that, but there you go. I am used to working with next to no budget. I did what I could with what I had. Episodes are every Saturday till the 6th ep. Then a 2nd series is being filmed.

If you feel like checking it out you can over at:
https://seriesofmana.weebly.com :)

Many thanks for your time! :)

(Trailer)

Attachments

ManaKnight

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 7, 2018
Hi Guys and Girls,
Episode 3 is now up!
Randi and Popoie's quest to the Underground Palace is cut short when they realize that they need an ice spell to cross the threshold. But what starts out as a minor diversion soon rapidly alters their course entirely when a pushy princess joins the party.

ManaKnight

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 7, 2018
The Mana Trio head to Elinee's Castle to rescue Dyluck and try and learn how to use an ice spell, but should the Princess be trying her luck at another castle?

ManaKnight

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 7, 2018
The Mana Trio finally make it to the Water Palace to find Sage Luka, but as bad luck would have it, one of the Empire's Generals has already made it there first.

Episode 6
Things really start to heat up when The Mana Trio head to the underground palace to restore Popoie's memories and uncover the earth seed.