1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Shadow of the Colossus/PS2 gems

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sapientia, Sep 27, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. soup or mann

soup or mann Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

I've only played the PS2 versions.

Sapientia likes this.
  2. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Cool, cool. Nothing beats the original, they say. :)

soup or mann likes this.
  3. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Red Wings Commander

I thought I got pwned by the third colossus, didnt dodge his sword in time and Wander would just lay there, he got up though. 3rd one down!

Sapientia likes this.
  4. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Yeah, Gaius will absolutely squish you, but if you rotate the left analog stick (this is an unconfirmed trick, mind you!) fast, supposedly Wander gets up faster. Since, he...is pretty slow to stand, which can be pretty annoying for the faster colossi.

5. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Defeated the fourth colossus, Phaedra. Surprisingly I got onto his tail-end the first try. One day I'd like to attempt at grabbing onto his stone beads hanging from his face, a trick I've seen some pull off on YouTube.

6. Tsukiyomi

I just finished the 4th one too. Took me a while to figure out what to do. I kept trying to grab onto its hind legs. I've found 5 save shrines so far, one was from exploring off the beaten path (Also had a tree with fruits next to it.) Shiny tail lizards are fun to hunt, too bad the difference is barely noticeable.

Sapientia likes this.
  7. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

I just finished off the fifth colossus, I think his name is Avion. I always, ALWAYS fall off of him at least two times. This fight...well, I fell off about four times. xD
    And yeah, the silver-tails are a little hard to see. Something that kind of bugs me (but I've gotta love her for it) is when Agro gets annoyed that I'm aiming my bow in her general direction and she takes off towards me, which sometimes spooks the lizards and sends them scurrying to god-knows-where. xD
    Edit: I love the random little locations like the lake in E5. No colossi, just beautiful scenery and some fruit to munch on. :)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  8. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Traveled through the awe-inspiring desert on the southern edge of the map to encounter Barba, a colossus I'm always terrified of. As soon as the battle starts he starts stampeding over things. But he's very similar to Argus, so he went down in seconds. I also forgot to mention there are turtles in this game. When Wander slashes at them they hide in their shells. I also forgot Wander could trip over them...and totally faceplant. xD
    Off to find the seventh colossus!

9. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

I feel so horrible when I make Agro jump a small cliff that is WAY to tall, and she falls over and limps. :'(
    I'M SORRY, AGRO!
    Fought the seventh colossus, the underwater one. Can't remember its name at the moment. Pretty easy considering my colossal stamina bar. ;)

10. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Well, I finished another playthrough of SotC. Now I'm just running along *ICO* beach in B,C5. Exploring, seeing all of these ruins and beautiful locations makes me want to know more about the Forbidden Lands. Like who lived here before? At one time did the colossi roam about the world freely? Were they pushed into their current locations by humans? Did the colossi kill off the humans? Did humans even live here at all? Thousands of years ago, was the map bustling with civilization?
    TLG, TLG, TLG...

11. Tsukiyomi

I'm up to the 8th Colossus now. The 5th one took me half an hour to beat because I didn't know what to do for like 10 minutes.

12. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

The fifth one can be a little confusing. Kuromori, the eighth colossus, is a bit of a pain. Good luck~
    You're halfway there, though. The game has sixteen colossi.

13. Tsukiyomi

I beat the tenth colossus now. That one was surprisingly easy, well, after I managed to stop myself from running away. Terrifying bastard.

Sapientia likes this.
  14. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Haha. Dirge is scary as heck. The first time I saw his eyes appear out of the sand and stare me down while running on Agro is squealed.
    How are you liking the game so far? (Or not liking the game.)

15. Tsukiyomi

I love it. It's fun to explore, finding trees for fruit and save shrines. I've been hunting 1 lizard per save shrine so far, so I have 11 tails right now, which actually does add up to a nice boost in stamina. No problem with the controls so far, been able to defeat the Colossi within 10~ minutes. I started ICO too, Made it to the 4th or 5th save couch. I like it too, though not having to use R1 to grab ledges threw me off for a few minutes when I played SotC again.

Sapientia likes this.
  16. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

That's good to hear the controls didn't throw you off! And those darn lizards, they can sometimes be harder to find and kill then the colossi!

17. Tsukiyomi

Beat the 12th, he was by far the hardest one for me personally. They are all challenging at first when you don't know where the sigils on them are. On another note, while I was heading towards his location, I explore a bit and found these HUGE ruins that I couldn't enter, at G1 on the map. I think it's a colossus location but damn that was mind blowiing to see.

Sapientia likes this.
  18. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

That's actually the location of a colossus, but yeah, it's really amazing to think it's on a PS2 game. Well, technically PS3 game, but you get what I mean. I can't wait until you fight the 13th colossus. Now that is a sight you'll probably never see again in a game.

19. Tsukiyomi

I beat it! What a sad sad ending. the last 3 colossus were the most difficult. Especially the 15th. He turned Wonder into a freaking rag doll.

Sapientia likes this.
  20. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

The ending is very sad. Maybe not the crying type of sad, but still...sad. lol
    I never really liked the 15th colossus all that much. He has footsteps that are way too huge. What did you think overall of the game? It's really awesome that you decided to get it!

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!