1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Shadow of the Colossus/PS2 gems

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sapientia, Sep 27, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Red Wings Commander

It's more than what I hoped for. For my next playthrough I plan on exploring wherever I want, instead of exploring while on the path tothe next colossus. I'm going to try to go all 16 time attacks first so I have the lizard/fruit map. Once I beat it enough to get to the secret garden and stuff, i'll start hard mode.

Sapientia likes this.
  2. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Have fun. The HD-ness of the PS3 version makes an already good-looking game look even better. I always had super fun exploring despite the map being void of all enemies but the colossi and occasional flock of birds, lizards, and what not.
    Also, is Agro not just the coolest damn horse or what?

3. Tsukiyomi

If Agro wasnt in the endng i'd probably shed a tear, but in the end, everyone is alive, even if one was turned into a baby. bittersweet ending right there.

Sapientia likes this.
  4. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Did you know that when Mono first picks up the baby if you press different buttons the baby will cry in different ways? :)
    I saw that on GameFAQs years ago and it blew my mind when I tried it out. There's your SotC/ICO parallel right there as far as I'm concerned.

5. Tsukiyomi

I did a few time attacks, I could not get the 11th one for the life of me. I can get him to fall with no problem, but I assume I need to land on him so I can stab sooner to make it in time. He shakes Wander too much, which I dont remember having a problem with before...

6. Storm2356

Storm2356 PSICOM Soldier

I've never played the game, is there any incentive for doing the time attacks? I know that there's stuff to increase your health or stamina, but you don't get that from time attacks. I also know that you don't really get much of anything besides your sword, bow, arrows, and Agro.

Sapientia likes this.
  7. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

There's actually a few unlockable weapons I think. I don't remember how exactly to get them but I'm pretty sure they're all references to ICO, and just a sword.
    And I would recommend this game highly. It's my favorite game of all time, and it's just one of those games that everyone needs to experience, IMO.

I think there's trophies for beating the time attacks in the game for the PS3 version, I'm not sure. It's been so long since I played it on the PS3. :(

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!