Shinji Hashimoto: Final Fantasy XV won't be at E3 2014.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
My guess is that the game is definitely over "halfway" done, but not by much. Maybe around 70%, by the time of TGS. The game isn't close to being done, but they should have a clear and unified vision about the ultimate form of the game, and how they want the finished product to look and play. It still needs a considerable amount of work to be done.

I'm most looking forward to the final HUD. I don't want it to be as simple as it is in the 2013 trailer, and I particularly want magic to be better implemented. I'm speculating that items won't be integrated into the command menu, like Lightning Returns. I believe they'll be handled through a separate menu.

Nov 29, 2013
The gameplay did look a little clunky as far as hack and slash games (or even Kingdom Hearts games) go. While I am first and foremost an RPG player, my value of the game would drop a little if the battle mechanics remained as they were in the trailers. In the hack and slash and fighting genre, the ability to not have your controls fight against you is the most crucial thing to consider. I'd be glad to give SE more time if they were to fix that.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Not to sound mean or rude. But this was to be expected, no reason to get over mad or sad. I felt positive that it could show up but seeing as it didn't I'm NOT going to rage. I know what to expect when it came to this game. They only rename the game, but it's still what they envision as Final Fantasy Versus XIII....