1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Should Kingdom Hearts III have Marvel & Star Wars Worlds? Why?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Aug 12, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

?

Should Kingdom Hearts III have Star Wars & Marvel Worlds?

1. Definitely. (Why?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It doesn't matter. (Why?)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. No way. (Why?)

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Since the D23 2015 Expo is around the corner, showing off additional info & more for Kingdom Hearts III, I had a deep thought into whether KH3 requires Marvel & Star Wars worlds or not.

So, heres my take:

Kingdom Hearts' themes has always been about friendship, light & dark and the heart but even though Star Wars occupies one, maybe even two of the themes mentioned earlier, how it's conveyed is different to what Kingdom Hearts does with the themes. Almost too mature & their universe and lore is just too massive to tie it into an already big collaboration between Disney original content & Final Fantasy.

For Marvel, I just see the implementation as a service to fans and I feel it isn't a necessary boon for Kingdom Hearts. Like with Star Wars, their universe & lore is big enough to be it's own thing.

So I feel that neither of those worlds should be in Kingdom Hearts.

However, if a Star Wars world were to happen (by the looks of things, maybe so), then it just has prove it.
    I can't see any other way for a Marvel world to convince me it will fit into Kingdom Hearts III.

What do you think?

2. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

I voted No way.

My reasoning behind Star Wars is simple, it's just too complex of a universe for it really to fit into Kingdom Hearts. The thing that really makes KH a great series with the different Worlds, is that they are simple enough for Sora, Donald and Goofy to crash in and fit somehow with the natural progression of the storyline adding a little bit of twist from the KH villains to really drive home the idea of these all being World with a connected universe.

The problem with Star Wars being included is that it spans across many years and many different arcs. This is a complex universe with its own planets and their own characters. Where would Sora drop in? Would his events really make an impact that is long lasting? It seems like no matter what Sora could do for Star Wars, there would always be more for the protagonists in that universe to deal with long after Sora has made his mark.

Where would Sora end up? Which movie? What part of the movie? And how do you fit it all together to create an experience that is cohesive to the story.

The same can be said about Marvel. Another expansive universe with limitless possibilities, some might say this is a good thing, but to me it just feels like it's not meant to be. Marvel is a universe full of super heroes and super villains, how is Sora supposed to keep up? Spiderman swinging from building to building delivering pizzas while Sora is stuck on the ground. If Sora is just supposed to be a savior to help a troubled super hero, it will just seem really cliche and uninspired. Why would anyone need Sora's help?

Finally, I just have to say... it wouldn't feel right. People draw comparisons to the light saber weapons in relation to Xehanort and honestly that's not enough to justify putting Star Wars into the game. You need to have something substantial here. Leave the acquired IPs out of the mix unless it make sense (Pixar for example makes perfect sense).

That's my take, I'd like to hear from someone who thinks it could work.

3. Bites the dust

Bites the dust Stiltzkin's Apprentice

I agree almost completly with @LeonBlade on this topic. Overall the Star Wars and Marvel universes are too massive and complex to utilize in a Kingdom Hearts game. Sticking with the Disney and Pixar films allows for a smaller, and easier job of adapting a story for a level.

LeonBlade likes this.
  4. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

You think it's suitable for KH3 to have easter eggs related to Marvel & Star Wars...... I'm not sure but if it doesn't tie to the main story, I'm fine with it. It just means the story won't be muddled up.

5. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

This is acceptable.

6. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Marvel and Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts makes no sense to me. They're as out of place as Pirates of the Caribbean was in Kingdom Hearts II.
    Also, I think it would hurt the appeal of Kingdom Hearts too. Just stick to Pixar, animated movies and the cartoon shows.

LeonBlade likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!