Showing off - Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - 21/11/13

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LightningXFang

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 12, 2013
Hello everyone!

Next week im importing Lightning Returns, as its due out 21/11/13 (or maybe earlier for preorders).

I am gonna use this thread as content for the game itself. Whoever is importing Lightning Returns can use this thread to share their own pictures/videos of the game for stuff like Outfit Designs, helping out Translations of Menu's, Quests, World Map, Battle System, Abilities etc.

What will you find here?

- Gameplay (Spoilerfree, if not with Spoilertag).
- Pictures ( Outfits, Menu Translations, Characters (Spoilertag neccesary), Designs of your own outfits, etc).
- Helping those out that have imported the game getting through it if stuck due to JP language.
- Quests (Spoilertag)

And most important of all, ALOT OF LIGHTNING!

LightningXFang

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 12, 2013
Sapienta, what are you using to stream your ps3 on twitch? I was thinking of buying a device for it. If u have any idea wich is good, can u let me know?

LightningXFang

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 12, 2013
@LightningXFang I use kind of an unorthodox method to stream using the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro capture card. It's really not made for streaming (even though Twitch is integrated into it) but for capturing (which has really nice quality, what I use to take screenshots and things). It's priced at about $120, or was when I bought it at the beginning of this year.
If you're focused on streaming though, I'd try programs like Open Broadcasting Software or XSplit. Otherwise you might have problems like me where I can't stream 720p or you have to restart your stream every hour or so.
Yes but problem with OBS and Xsplit is that its for Computers, my Laptop/PC dont have input HDMI. So i cant connect my PS3 on either of them, its only output.

I guess the way ill have to share stuff is making some short videos with my Phone and Pictures.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
Well, this is a screenshot of what it says on the Roxio website:
It would seem to indicate, from the things said above this, that the device still captures in HD despite not using an HDMI cable to bring it to the device. From the device to the TV though it looks like you can still use the HDMI cable. Perhaps the Roxio box acts as an intermediary, thereby bypassing the HDMI-out protection?

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
PS3 has HDCP protection so you can't use a HDMI for capture unless the capture device is HDCP certified, which the affordable ones aren't. Component will work OK, though. S-Video, too. 360 works with HDMI, but is damn inconsistent.

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com
The game is okay, nothing amazing though. I'm over 13 hours in and have essentially been doing a lot of the same stuff over and over again.

I guess I'll list some quick positives and negatives:

+ Battle system is pretty fast and fluid.
+ Lots of customization options.
+ Music is nice at times, although a bunch of tracks from XIII and XIII-2 are used in awkward places.

- Graphics are horrendous most of the time including framerate drops and animation glitches.
- Time system is too restrictive, ie. locations blocked off/limited exploration unless you use up GP, which even then doesn't last that long.
- There's a dungeon that has timed doors.
- Quests, while numerous, are fairly bland and provide very little information on where you're to go to complete them which becomes more stressful due to the world time limit.
- The story is a hot mess, but I expected nothing less.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed that FF has churned out something like this. The series used to be nothing but quality and LR certainly is not that.

- Time system is too restrictive, ie. locations blocked off/limited exploration unless you use up GP
So you can't exactly freely explore until you do some menial things first? You had one job, Square-Enix.

Oh well, I suppose that isn't a giant axe to the whole thing for me, but I'm actually kind of disappointed that after whatever prologue storyline event there is, I can't simply hop on the monorail and go wherever FFX-2 style. I guess realistically I shouldn't have expected that.

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com
Okay, so I'm having major trouble getting "Odin"/the Angel of Valhalla chocobo on his feet. I don't remember exactly, but are you supposed to give him Eradia?I've given him all of the items I can, or maybe it was Eradia, but if someone could help that'd be awesome. I've been running around wasting time and spamming Chronostasis, and I don't know of any local quests I can complete right now without Odin.
Did you grow him a gyashal green?