1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Showing off - Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - 21/11/13

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by LightningXFang, Nov 13, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. LightningXFang

LightningXFang Balamb Garden Freshman

Hello everyone!

Next week im importing Lightning Returns, as its due out 21/11/13 (or maybe earlier for preorders).

I am gonna use this thread as content for the game itself. Whoever is importing Lightning Returns can use this thread to share their own pictures/videos of the game for stuff like Outfit Designs, helping out Translations of Menu's, Quests, World Map, Battle System, Abilities etc.

What will you find here?

- Gameplay (Spoilerfree, if not with Spoilertag).
    - Pictures ( Outfits, Menu Translations, Characters (Spoilertag neccesary), Designs of your own outfits, etc).
    - Helping those out that have imported the game getting through it if stuck due to JP language.
    - Quests (Spoilertag)

And most important of all, ALOT OF LIGHTNING!

APZonerunner, Sapientia and Ehren like this.
  2. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

If you guys have Twitch Channels, I can add you to the Mognet Twitch banner, so you show up at the top and on the stream page when you're online. @Sapientia - I've just added yours!

Ehren and Sapientia like this.
  3. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Oh wow, thank you! I thought that was limited to staff only.

Ehren likes this.
  4. LightningXFang

Sapienta, what are you using to stream your ps3 on twitch? I was thinking of buying a device for it. If u have any idea wich is good, can u let me know?

5. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

@LightningXFang I use kind of an unorthodox method to stream using the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro capture card. It's really not made for streaming (even though Twitch is integrated into it) but for capturing (which has really nice quality, what I use to take screenshots and things). It's priced at about $120, or was when I bought it at the beginning of this year.
    If you're focused on streaming though, I'd try programs like Open Broadcasting Software or XSplit. Otherwise you might have problems like me where I can't stream 720p or you have to restart your stream every hour or so.

6. LightningXFang

Yes but problem with OBS and Xsplit is that its for Computers, my Laptop/PC dont have input HDMI. So i cant connect my PS3 on either of them, its only output.

I guess the way ill have to share stuff is making some short videos with my Phone and Pictures.

7. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

You don't connect the PS3 directly to your laptop. You would use a USB cable.

8. TheTux94

TheTux94 Stiltzkin's Apprentice

That's a nice idea congratz!

9. LightningXFang

so i can use them without buying the roxio game capture device?

Sapientia likes this.
  10. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Use...what? Streaming with OBS and XSplit?
    You'll have to be specific here so I don't get confused and give you the wrong info, if you don't mind.

11. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Well, shit. Today I was fiddling with my PS3 and capture card, and, unlike Roxio's box advertises, you can't capture and stream with the PS3. Literally, because Sony would sue Roxio for whatever reason. So I'll see what the component cables do (I'm guessing they'll look like utter crap) but if not...the stream is off. I could only take screenshots.

I'm very annoyed right now. -_-
    So, basically, the information on the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro box is misleading, and you can't stream or capture with it in HD, like it says, because you can't use the HDMI cable.

*effing table flip through the damn window*

12. Ehren

Ehren The Sunflower Knight Moderator Site Staff

Well, this is a screenshot of what it says on the Roxio website:
    [​IMG]
    It would seem to indicate, from the things said above this, that the device still captures in HD despite not using an HDMI cable to bring it to the device. From the device to the TV though it looks like you can still use the HDMI cable. Perhaps the Roxio box acts as an intermediary, thereby bypassing the HDMI-out protection?

Sapientia likes this.
  13. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

T_T I'll try it out tomorrow, hopefully you're right.
    And thanks for digging that up, I was simply planning on throwing myself a pity-party.

Ehren likes this.
  14. Storm2356

Storm2356 PSICOM Soldier

Yeah, you can't record a PS3 directly with an HDMI cable, period. You have to use the capture device as an intermediary, like Ehren said.

Sapientia likes this.
  15. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

My life was a lie, all of it.

16. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

PS3 has HDCP protection so you can't use a HDMI for capture unless the capture device is HDCP certified, which the affordable ones aren't. Component will work OK, though. S-Video, too. 360 works with HDMI, but is damn inconsistent.

17. LightningXFang

Lol Sapientia,

I guess we will have to do with Video recording through phone and pictures.

18. LightningXFang

Did u pre-order from Play-Asia Sapienta?

Sapientia likes this.
  19. APZonerunner

@Kagari will be streaming on the Nova Crystallis Twitch channel, so if you want live streams she'll have you covered :D

20. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

If I can find the component cables for my capture card I'll be fne. If not, I can still take HD screenshots.

Erren is streaming the game? Well if I'm having trouble getting through the game in JP then I might watch as a last resort.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!