Showing off - Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - 21/11/13

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

BoN

Yevonite
Sep 26, 2013
Thailand
re-ffplanet.blogspot.com
There are many items that we can feed chocobo. Such as Gyshal Green (ギサールの野菜) (and other green), Choconamin (チョコナミン) etc

For gyshal green, you can buy a seed from the man that sell item in front of campus farm. (last item in his shop) Then plant it in Salala's (サララ) garden. The next 6 hrs you will get gyshal green.

For Choconamin, go to 森の宿場ヤクト (north east of forest jagd -ヤクトの森-). There is npc that you can trade Chocobodake (チョコボダケ) ×8 and Namekuji Sweet (なめくじスイーツ)×6 to Choconamin

チョコボダケ - found in jagd forest field
なめくじスイーツ - drop from Rafflesia (ラフレシア) in jagd forest.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
Found 1 rare monster in first playthrough. Dragon "アイロネート" (Ironite) HP 8,800,000..... -__-" I can't defeat it.
I believe that is the monster localized as "Aeronite", which there is a trophy for defeating in the leaked list... Seems like one of those creatures you fight on a second playthrough or so, after having upgraded your weapons, abilities, and stats quite a ways.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
Wait...where can I fin this Namekuji? Is it dropped by an enemy somewhere in the Wildlands?
Yes. If you look at his posts, after Namekuji Sweet you can see hiragana in parenthesis. He mentions this below again- It is dropped by the Rafflesia enemy, found in Jagd Forest.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
Okay, thanks. I didn't check that.

Edit: While roaming around the Wildlands I came across my first Last One species, a flan-type of guy. He was easy enough. So I wonder if that means all of the blue flans are extinct...?
Yes, Last Ones are the very last of a species. Once you kill one, that species no longer appears. Actually, from what I've been told once you encounter a Last One you won't run into any more of the species it represents whether you kill it or not.

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com
I wish I knew but I've been having trouble, and can hardly do any damage unless I'm using Scene Drive. I think I noticed he was somewhat vulnerable to Fire...?

Also, is it just me or is the platforming in the dungeon leading up to the Caius fight just plain irritating? I can't count how many times I fell off and had to run through it all again...
Yeah that dungeon and the enemies in it are irritating. Pro tip: do not go in there at night.

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com
Trying to find the Miq'ote garb, and so far I have two "leads" as to where to find it. One is something I read in the description of a YouTube walkthrough who said to unlock the Miq'ote garb you need to speak to all of the Chocolina girls in Yusnaan. I did that, nothing.

But, since I remember that the quest to get the garb was supposed to involve cats I poked around Luxerion and found a cat who offered a quest. I don't know exactly what she asked me to do, but she's the cat on that little side area that branches from the back alleyway coming from Luxerion's south station, running up to the cathedral.

Does anyone know where to find the Miq'ote garb?
If it's Jem, it's the quest that relates to the boy NPC with the cat ears by the slums entrance.

LightningXFang

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 12, 2013
Hey! I havent been able to come on here, since ive been glued to LR -

Heres a few answers to your questions regarding Caius:

Caius basically is a hard boss fight. I went there with 3 Phoenix Downs and 4 Potions and got my ass whooped within 2 mins, used up all items and died. He basically spams all he has to knock you down. Not to mention his fight starting ability that does 2500 damage while blocking.

What u shud do ( i think also the only way at the moment to beat him ) is, U get your Scene Drive ( Army of One ) from Hope, on one of the last 4 days ( cant remember which one ). When u go to caius, ( Fully prepped, 7GP ) Start the fight with some deprotect and deshell, and some firagas. Hit him till he gets a red bar of Lightning on his name. Use Overclock and Scene Drive, Watch him lose about 50% and after that, do that again. U shud beat Caius within 3 mins. :D :D :D

I just started a new game+ since i ran out of days, but i got to finish 3 Area's so im happy :).

BoN

Yevonite
Sep 26, 2013
Thailand
re-ffplanet.blogspot.com
Caius is the hardest boss in main quest. I don't have any tips more than spend all GP that you got. Use overlock and try to break/knock out/stagger him. Once you beat him you will get his weapon. You can rematch him in Ark. With his weapon in your hand the fight would be easy.

I fell off and had to run through it all again...
me too. I have to run through it all for 3 times lol.
:cookie:

There is Bhakti side quest in Dead dunes, 2 of my friend like it so much.

Bhakti wait for the day that someone will help him open the secret door that jailed his friends. After Lightning gave him 3 battery and open the door. Bhakti can't notice his old friends anymore. Lightning thought that his robot friends may ran out of battery, but Bhakti's friends aren't robots. His friends is humans that have been jailed until dead.

In the corner of room, they're human bones. Bhakti wonder why his friend became bones, he said that he has to repair everyone. But Lightning said we can't repair the dead.

Bhakti never thought that his friends will die. He always think that someday he will reunite with his friends again. So he had conserved his batter for that day.

Bhakti thought that his friends would be angry at him. But Lightning said his friends would be happy that they ever met Bhakti. Then Bhakti thanks for human kindess. The Light released from Bhakti and run into Lightning. Bhakti had stopped woking since then.

Last edited:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
For anyone that has imported the game, how's the gameplay? I have to say it has been enticing to me since E3. Want to know if it is worth it for the gameplay alone.

BoN

Yevonite
Sep 26, 2013
Thailand
re-ffplanet.blogspot.com
From Sapientia first picture, that npc (Biggs or Wedge? I'm not sure) He want 30 items that drop from Gapple (ガップル) in area behind him. That's easy quest.

Anyone know how you go about connecting all the highways?
I've got that trophy, but I can't remember well. I guess that in later of the game (may be after finished all main quest?) Chocolina will gave 3 quest about connecting each highway. ( Luxerion-Wildlands, Wildlands-Dead Dunes, Dead Dunes-Yusnaan) Each quest need 2 key items to complete. (Surely I can't remember where I found them. May it be on the highways?)

After finish the quest, you will get eorzea weapon and shield as reward. Then you can walk on highways to the other continent.

So did anybody try the DLC costumes yet?
After I have read their ability from FF-Reunion, I decided that I won't try. They're so weak.
http://www.ff-reunion.net/ff13/2013/11/26/lrff13_demo_and_new_costume

Here are their ability & Stats.

Style - Ultimate Savior? (究極の解放者)
Celestial (セレスティアル):ATB+20 Initiate ATB 100% (Skill Cross BlitzLV☆)
Excalibur (エクスカリバー): ATK280 MAG280 (HP recover 1% when perfect guard)
Aegis Shield (イージスの盾) :HP+0 ATB+30 Guard 150 (HP recover 1% when perfect guard)
Decoration : Goddess's Tiara

Style - Cloth from God Realm? 神界の聖衣
コスモクラートル:ATB+50 Initiate ATB 50% (Skill Cosmic Arts Lv☆ コズミックアーツLv☆ - Powerful attack which cost 15 atb, damage x2.5)
Crocea Mors (クロケアモルス) : ATK800 MAG800 Knock out power decrease 75% Max HP decrease 95% Physical Damage decrease 35%
Abyss Gate (アビスゲート)  :ATB+20 Guard 800 Max HP Decrease 95%
Decoration : Immortal Mask

Style - Lovely Moogle (モーグリ大好き)
Moogle Queen (モーグリクイーン) :ATB+20 Initiate ATB 100% (Skill Gravity Lv☆)
Moogle Stick :ATK80 MAG330 Knock out power-25% (GP recover a little when perfect guard)
Moogle Shiled :ATB Speed+30 DEF+150 (GP recover a little when perfect guard)
Decoration : Moogle Hat

Last edited:

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
Got ahold of the JP demo, and I'm quite pleased with its contents. Some of the Garb could use a few more options for color change, but then again others seem able to have almost every section altered. The graphics are much better than previously indicated to me by some, and while some textures are relatively low it's only really noticeable when I'm sitting half a foot from my tv. We'll have to see what the main game is like, of course, but so far I feel it's about on par with XIII-2. Modeling, at least, is impressively better and I'm quite enjoying the improvements they made to how hair is displayed. A neat little thing I noticed also is that Lightning looks in the direction the camera is looking. When trying out the screenshot feature, I had (before pausing) the camera positioned above Lightning to get a better look at a design on a floor tile. When I went into the screenshot function, Lightning was staring almost straight down, in the direction of the spot I'd been focusing on. I played around with this for a while, and even managed to get a shot with her sword out where I made it look like she was looking over her shoulder almost.

The range of abilities seems to make for decent amounts of strategy; I just finished a runthrough with the Black Mage and Red Mage garb being my only attackers, with Dragoon as a defensive Garb loaded with guards. It was surprisingly difficult despite the strength of spells, probably due to Black Mage's slow reload time and the very high-cost Blizzaga. This morning's more balanced approach of Equilibrium, Dragoon, Black Mage (with the latter being offensively slanted yet retaining a defense option each) saw me breeze through the lesser battles and achieve a 4-Star rating on the Red Dragon. Of course, it doesn't help much that I can't tell at-a-glance which abilities are which. I'd often mistake Blizzardstrike for Heavy Slash because I was relying on peripheral vision, or forget I'd switched out abilities and spam Deprotect instead of Thunder.

This is all just a limited demo, and I realize the time management system is part of the meat of this experience. As of right now, though, it seems quite fun.