Speculation about the chronology of XV's events

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XvoltaireX

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 28, 2014
I like this theory. A lot of people, including myself have come to a similar agreement on the first half of this theory, but not many looked deeper into it this way.

Cadet

Yevonite
Jan 16, 2015
Duscae Region
I mean literally the whole part 1 and that the man in the white robe who faces Noctis in the throne room steals the crystal. I'm not completely sold on part 2 yet. But he's also missing the peace agreement party where Noctis meets Stella in his chronology ( it's probably around the same time as the signing ceremony but I'm not really sure about that).
Hi, I asked about the party scene with Noctis and Stella––

Kazuakume thinks that the party still exists, and that shortly after their meeting, Niflheim crashes the party (as I expected the answer to be).

But, here's the interesting thing I learned: In the 2011 trailer, Noctis is seen saying "good-bye" to someone (in Japanese, 誰かさん, like "whats-his-name"). Most people, including me, speculated that he's talking to the driver since it comes right after the CG scene with the chauffeur.

But what if Noctis were saying good-bye to Stella instead?

Here's Kazuakume's reasoning: the chauffeur's clothing has skull marks, which identifies him as a Lucis affiliate (perhaps Noctis's bodyguard as well). It would be odd for Noctis to call him "whats-his-face" since most likely there's some sort of relationship between them already. Kazuakume actually calls this possibility, well, "impossible."

On the other hand, Noctis meets Stella for the very first time at the evening event. Thus, it is more likely that Noctis would not know who Stella is, even after their chance encounter. Since we didn't see the full conversation in the 2011 trailer, it is possible that Stella does not actually reveal to Noctis her name or affiliation (which would be a change from the original scene in 2009, but I digress). If this is the case, then the Stella/Luna confusion would actually make sense – we have not heard that Stella is from Tenebrae since 2008/09, and now all of a sudden, we have a Stella lookalike named Luna, who appears to be in Accordo in the instances that we've seen her. Perhaps, then, they are actually the same character?

I'm in the middle of talking with him. Will post more updates when they're available.

And please, feel free to ask any questions, or share your opinion in greater detail! :)

Nov 17, 2014
Now my question would be if the final boss would be a god or the big bad becomes one ?
What if....it's Stella? An inevitable fight. Maybe the ending is connected to both of them and Etro. Since Stella and Noctis have both been granted powers from Etro, maybe they both share the same fate, or at least one would suffer death from the hands of another. Maybe that's why revealing Stella is too much of a spoiler. Or maybe....it would have multiple endings. Check out my 5 ideal endings.

*Noctis kills Stella
*Noctis is killed by Stella
*Noctis refuses to kill Stella and kills Etro
*Noctis refuses to kill Stella and failed to kill Etro (in which case, Noctis dies)
*Noctis commits suicide (he refuses to kill both)

It's all just my thoughts, but I always loved to see multiple endings in an RPG game. Makes me want to play the game again. But if they did that, they'll break tradition, since the main FF series have always had a single ending, or at least that's what I remember.

Last edited:

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
There's a really old image of a Versus XIII brainstorming board circulating around, and one of the comments said, "Etro - big boss?" . . .
If we consider that we had to fight a god(like) end boss in pretty much every Final Fantasy, it is not very unlikely that we will fight another one in XV. :p

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
There's a really old image of a Versus XIII brainstorming board circulating around, and one of the comments said, "Etro - big boss?" . . .
Do you have a link to the brainstorming board ? I would like to look at it if possible. Also what if stella joined niflheim bc she had no choice. If niflheim is supplying lucis' people then they must be supplying the other nations too causing them to be dependent on niflheim for there needs. So stella could have joined niflheim to try to liberate tenebrae and feels noctis might hinder her plans, therefore causing them to be frenemies. It's Also apparent that They've never met prior to the party scene. Which makes me question who was the girl running away with noctis in the beginning of the e3 2013 trailer? Is that an indication that luna and stella are two separate people? One more thing, when Regis is talking about how someone has been using the crystal and he will be the last king, he wasn't referring to noctis so was referring to the mysterious guy who ironically was opted out of the 2013 e3 trailer line up. the guy that kind of resemble him and noctis or gladiolus could it be possible that he's in on the conquering of lucis and is going to betray the Kingdom. Also, and apparent in order for noctis to use the powers given by Etro someone must be sacrificed, so perhaps regis knows of noctis power and sacrifice himself for noctis and lucis liberation. That would explain to a degree the cutscene in 2011 of the player controlling a young noctis and walking towards Regis.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
But, here's the interesting thing I learned: In the 2011 trailer, Noctis is seen saying "good-bye" to someone (in Japanese, 誰かさん, like "whats-his-name"). Most people, including me, speculated that he's talking to the driver since it comes right after the CG scene with the chauffeur.

But what if Noctis were saying good-bye to Stella instead?
Noctis says this at the bottom of the staircase before heading up and meeting Stella:
さよなら、誰かさん
I believe he's likely just talking to some random person at the party who knows of him as the Prince and he's making light conversation, and so as he leaves he just refers to them in this manner.

The whole Stella thing is very confusing, as we see a younger version of Stella in the E3 trailer, but we know he meets her for the first time (at least originally) at the party during the signing ceremony.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
The whole Stella thing is very confusing, as we see a younger version of Stella in the E3 trailer, but we know he meets her for the first time (at least originally) at the party during the signing ceremony.
maybe that girl was a younger version of Luna.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I was thinking about this a few days ago while watching some older trailers and I think it's finally time to write my personal thoughts on the game's opening events. To follow this post it'd be best if you are aware of every versus XIII/XV footage that's been released so far. I've seperated the scenes in different parts for an easier overview.

Part 1 The peace agreement party

( Noctis wears a suit and it's around afternoon )
1. Noctis is on the way to the peace agreement party

2. Noctis arrives at the peace agreement party (it's in a building next to the Lucis' palace)

( he still wears a suit and it's now evening - night)
3. Noctis meets Stella at the peace agreement party

4. Stella leaves the party early

5. Noctis is still there and the Nilflheim soldiers start to crash the party

6. cut

Part 1.5 The signing ceremony
So next:
We're assuming the signing ceremony with Regis and Idola takes place simutaneously to the peace agreement party ( note: it's very very likely but we can't be 100% sure about this)
1. They meet for the signing ceremony in the Lucis palace

2. Idola betrays Regis → soldiers are crashing the signing ceremony

3. cut
_____
4. ( it's evening/night) we see Idola followed by his soldiers walking out of the Lucis' Palace. We also see (dead) bodies of Lucis' soldiers laying all around the palace. Idola commands to to kill all Lucii loyalists and Noctis.

Now we have several scenes that are fairly hard to put in the right order:

Part 3 An act of love by the last king (!?)

(it's evening/night. Lucis Palace )
Regis is sitting on his throne and is speaking to someone ( not Noctis):
„I see you're just using it.
However I'm sorry to say that you can not become king.
I will not turn over the throne to anyone.
I will go down in history as the last king.“

We don't know when this happens and to whom he's talking here so it's pretty hard to put the scene in context with the other scenes. My guess? It could be right after the signing ceremony → Regis manages to escape from the signing ceremony room and tries to save the crystal. ( note: the crystal is enshrined inside the pillar of a throne.)
Things that speak against this theory:
1. He looks, talks and sits way to calm for somebody that just escaped from the invaded signing ceremony.
2. It's most likely not the throne-room where the crystal is enshrined.
It also could've happened the day before ( or as a flashback), who knows...it's a mysterious scene.
_______

Part 4 Noctis escaping from/ returning to/ escaping from Insomnia (!?)

Back to Noctis. ( he has changed his outfit and his friends are with him now. It's evening /night)
We see them doing different actions ( note: not necesarily in this chronological order)
1. The 4 guys are escaping with the car. ( it's evening/ night)

2. We see them fighting at different locations around and in the Lucis' palace.( it's evening/ night)

The question is: are they fighting their way out of the city or do they try to chase the enemy here?

3. Noctis faces Stella in the street leading to the palace - outcome = unknown ( it's evening/ night)

4. Noctis faces the hooded guy ( in the throne room with the crystal) – outcome = unknown ( Noctis will probably lose this fight but gets saved by someone) ( it's evening/ night)

Some interesting info from the dialogue during the invasion (and the reason why they're leaving in the first place) :
Noctis: Ignis, how is it?
Ignis: They're continuing as if nothing happened. They continue to thrive together with the crystal. I think this is the best way it could end for the Nilflheim side.
Noctis: This means we will do a direct assault do recapture the crystal, right?
Ignis: No look at it realistically, Noct.
Noctis: You saw my strenght, didn't you?
Prompto: Yeah, we saw it. But your body isn't used to your new power yet. It must be tough right now.
Ignis: You need more time.

Gladiolus: Let's go!
Noctis: Why should I, strongest of us all, run away!?
Ignis: When you remain here, the number of victims will increase.
Noctis: Why?
Ignis: Because you're their target. They probably want to take you hostage and use that advantage in negotiations.
Noctis: Negotiations? At this point? I'll just kill 'em all.
Ignis: Sorry Noct, but you're just not strong enough.

As you may have noticed all the scenes I've described so far took place between after noon and night on the same day. Now we have two scenes ( from 2008 and jump festa 15) that are suddenly at daytime:
1. The 4 guys are (back?) in Insomnia but they're about to leave the city as they see the (burning) Lucis palace in the distance. (note: they already have the car)

2. The 4 guys already escaped from Lucis with the car but they don't know exactly what happened yet. Noctis is angry. ( meanwhile there are more Nilflheim airships heading to the city → the invasion is not over.). Maybe it's the scene when they're already on their way back to the city.

Note:
( While writing this whole post I just saw something that the PM UK mgazine wrote in their FFXV article)
According to the PM UK magazine the 4 guys set out to Cauthess and try to recover the source of the Lucis' magic and energy , ( seemingly „during“ the invasion! ). That would explain why they leave the city during the invasion and return to it later. But it'd also mean that the radio announcer was lying in the TGS 14 opening ( as I assumed a while ago) because the signing ceremony took already place. This whole Noctis escaping/returning/fighting/escaping part is pretty confusing and it's pretty hard to put those scenes in the exact right chronological order as of now.

The final scene of the 2011 trailer shows Noctis and Ignis talking about how they can make up a plan that is even worse than their(Nilflheim) own. ( Noctis is sitting on a throne. It's probably the throne-room in the Lucis palace in which the crystal is/was enshrined). I can't exactly say when this scene will takes place. (It's after the invasion but why are they back in the palace?)

There are still some more things I'd like to add but I think that's enough for the moment.
^-^

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Obviously that last scene from the 2011 trailer takes place shortly after the Crystal was taken before they flee the city right before the full scale invasion when they start tearing the city appart. As for Part 4, Noctis is fleeing the party trying to escape from troops on rooftops etc getting out onto the ground and into the castle to find his father. At this point, he likely makes his way into the crystal room and confronts the hooded man. He's defeated but his life is likely spared, possibly having to do with his powers or some other reason entirely. Then, when the rest of the party arrives to wake Noctis up from being knocked out from the cloaked guy, they talk about revenge, and that's when they go to leave the city which you see Ignis speeding away out of the city.

I reckon this is close to what happens.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Obviously that last scene from the 2011 trailer takes place shortly after the Crystal was taken before they flee the city right before the full scale invasion when they start tearing the city appart. As for Part 4, Noctis is fleeing the party trying to escape from troops on rooftops etc getting out onto the ground and into the castle to find his father. At this point, he likely makes his way into the crystal room and confronts the hooded man. He's defeated but his life is likely spared, possibly having to do with his powers or some other reason entirely. Then, when the rest of the party arrives to wake Noctis up from being knocked out from the cloaked guy, they talk about revenge, and that's when they go to leave the city which you see Ignis speeding away out of the city.

I reckon this is close to what happens.
Yup, sth. like this will probably happen .

Nomura did say that Regis's throne (in-game cutscene) and Noctis's one (CG) are located in 2 different places of the palace.
yup and if I had to guess I'd say Regis' throne is placed on one of the higher floors of the palace.