Spoiler Impressions on NeoGAF

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
This thread on Neogaf is gonna be good, i need popcorn. Jason Schreir from Kotaku assuming that Verendus didn't played the game :D
And the worst thing is - real consumers like me or you guys only gonna find out who is lying in 10 days at best. Its draining.
Fucking rollercoaster.

Omegataco

PSICOM Soldier
Apr 1, 2016
I'm actually having trouble picking out things in his post that could be taken as true/false statements or "guesses" as Schreier points out. It just reads as 99% padded opinion to me.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Yea sorry, should have waited a bit before posting it guys. Looks like hes not responding at all. He's also been known to troll before. This would be a new level of it.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
tbh I always doubted Verendus and I don't get why gaf treats him like a sacred cow. Still I find it pretty funny that what made gaf turn on him were his glowing impressions of FFXV, considering the recent history of XV threads.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Guy might be a psycho to write this wall of text just for lulz.
If you think, its pretty harmless review, that shows how really easy to manipulate that hivemind called neogaf.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
i think he's right, it's a game... not a movie like FFXIII.

couldn't resist
Understandable. Playing 13 now and there's way too many cutscenes.

Still an enjoyable game even if it's not the best FF game. Combat system is enjoyable.

I do agree with the gaf poster that the game's combat and storytelling will be divisive, but then you wonder are people critiquing because it's different from what they're used to and don't like change at all, or if it's genuine.

Can never tell with the amount of trolls these days.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
My take on the Verendus thing is just this: even a broken clock is right twice a day. He's thrown so much shit out there and some of it has come true - some of the more obvious stuff, I might add - but so much of it also hasn't. He's like one of those TV 'psychics' that says vague, deliberately leading things to coax information/desires out of people before saying "AH! I'm getting the feeling... you lost your mother? No? Your father??" (person starts sobbing) "Yes, yes, he says hello... he misses you."

It's that shit, but with the expectations of fanboys. I've never been entirely convinced (though I could be wrong). I do think he has some connections, though, and that's the trouble - I think there's horse shit mixed in with truth.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Maybe he wants FFXV to get some more sales, so he made up some postive impressions to convince people who were on the fence or convinced it was bad. Especially after the Conan/Edge stuff recently.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
As i know, he wanted to post his impressions later, when he got actual proof that he has a copy of the game, but there was lot of people begging him to do it. So i don't think its his fault, Neogaf like to exaggerate things.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
As i know, he wanted to post his impressions later, when he got actual proof that he has a copy of the game, but there was lot of people begging him to do it. So i don't think its his fault, Neogaf like to exaggerate things.
He said the game goes linear after chapter 4, but obviously it happens much later, Tabata said near the end of the game. So his review is fishy.