Spoiler Impressions on NeoGAF

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Btw posted a thread for my ending Impressions, may be a little hyperbole but is is what I am feeling about it right now.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Btw posted a thread for my ending Impressions, may be a little hyperbole but is is what I am feeling about it right now.
didn't watched, so can't comment.

Did it look interesting at least?
the map yes, dungeon i skipped right at the beginning so didn't saw much, but the feeling won me.

in other news, the design of the car when you get the flying shit is amazing, it reminded me of the car on Versus XIII 2011 trailer; it's
a gothic design
similar to this:

http://www.johnmsteele.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Movies/LXG/lxg_car1.jpe

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I have a strong feeling that i need to put Ilazy on ignore for a lil bit :)

How is even possible?
Same reason likely as to how you get the phantom weapon skill tree. That skill tree doesn't unlock until you get at least 4 of the weapons. Its likely that you have to do some sort of side quest that he just didn't pursue in order to it. But i swear I saw it, I promise, because I was extremely disappointed until I saw the trailer this morning, which was the main reason for why I posted the essay I posted a few minutes ago.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
How is even possible?
ikr, he didnt had all the phantom weapons either, which i thought were all connected to the story.
the ring he didnt used and didn't see on the ascension either

Did it look or feel large? Are the more areas around the marlboro dungeon? Crap I want to see this so bad now lol
the map is definitely large, but how explorable the locations you can go on the map are its a mystery.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
ikr, he didnt had all the phantom weapons either, which i thought were all connected to the story.
the ring he didnt used and didn't see on the ascension either

the map is definitely large, but how explorable the locations you can go on the map are its a mystery.
Awesome! Super hyped now haha. Thanks!

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
just to be clear, i meant the map you see on the menu, i didnt see the full map of a specific location.
You mean like the map of Lucis that we get in the beginning of the game? So like a map of the continent?
That's all I'm honestly excited for, hopefully there are some roads and optional places you can go so we can land there with our airship lol

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
You mean like the map of Lucis that we get in the beginning of the game? So like a map of the continent?
That's all I'm honestly excited for, hopefully there are some roads and optional places you can go so we can land there with our airship lol
yeah like that, the size of map is like two/thirds of the lucis region i guess, it only had big names tho, didnt saw the tiny names you see on the lucis map (from what i can remember).

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
All of my fault lmao* I just want the game to be amazing so I couldn't wait anymore.

Anyway i like what I see so far but understand that so much of it is taken way out of context. I've been trying to tell people that they haven't seen basically 80% of the game in its fullest and to keep an open mind until they play it themselves, regardless of whether or not they like what they've seen. The ending could be taken in a completely different context, especially if we haven't seen almost all of the second half of the game to begin with. I feel like this community here is the only one that actually understands that lol. Just my two cents on how frustrated I am with the Internet and people that jump to extraordinary conclusions about a game they haven't played yet, and barely even seen.

For example, the streamer yesterday didn't even have the ring of the Lucii section in the ascension tree even after beating the game. Somebody could have easily complained about that and said that the item is just a gimmick. Yet today in the 101 trailer, we saw that it indeed has a skill tree of its own (there's a 9th skill tree to the far right that we've never seen before). Which clearly indicates that the streamer rushed through so much of the game that he never bothered to utilize an entire gameplay mechanic within the game.

The point I'm getting at here is that people are doing the same with the story right now. The whole train section is missing, which is where the bulk of the story mainly is according to devs, yet a mod on Neogaf just jumps to conclusions about the games story, and countless users complain about the fates of certain characters after only seeing the same 3 chapters for the last 2 years, including leaks, not realizing that 90% of the game has basically been left untold, that so much of it comes from dialogue between the Bros, that ending scenes likely happen the way they do because by that point we accept the conclusion the game is offering us. And this is coming from a person who actually likes the ending given how little context was given to us.

Yeah, this is why I try to avoid spoilers in general. I'm still buzzing around NEAR these threads because I don't mind a little teaser here and there, but that's not the real reason why I stay out of those threads. It's because they're a goddamn feeding frenzy for the "haters". Take bits of any story out of context and it's going to sound bad. And I can just picture me banging my head on my keyboard if I subjected myself to that crap.

So, right now, it's one of those things where you just let them get it all out of their system and try to ignore it. By the time any impressions from there make it to the other threads, they're already multiple layers of distorted.

There will be nothing but chaos for the next week, until the big blowout when the review embargo drops.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
yeah like that, the size of map is like two/thirds of the lucis region i guess, it only had big names tho, didnt saw the tiny names you see on the lucis map (from what i can remember).
Hopefully someone get a full snapshot of it soon

Apparently that Santorini like town is there as well (near the Marlboro dungeon )

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
17 goddamn FFXV threads on the first couple of pages on GAF so I keep accidentally clicking on the spoiler thread! I haven't run into anything bad yet, but I feel like this is only a matter of time, lol.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
17 goddamn FFXV threads on the first couple of pages on GAF so I keep accidentally clicking on the spoiler thread! I haven't run into anything bad yet, but I feel like this is only a matter of time, lol.
Don't be like me man, YOU CAN DO IT!! I actually stopped going anywhere else now but here I've seen enough (except that map that I want lol)

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
oops, DP

Edit: or not DP. That is the question. The site just bugged the hell out on me, lol.

Here was my post that I was super smart enough to copy before it went weird:

Don't be like me man, YOU CAN DO IT!! I actually stopped going anywhere else now but here I've seen enough (except that map that I want lol)
I am in no way tempted to see the spoilers. I am just hopelessly addicted to the internet and following this game, lol. I'm just clicking on the general FFXV discussion threads, but I'm half asleep here at work, so sometimes I don't realize I've clicked on the spoiler thread until I've seen a couple of posts!

I noticed I kept doing that and NEARLY caught a picture of the ending, so that's a little too close to the sun for my comfort and that tab is now closed.

I will need to submerge my mind balls-deep into minecraft for the next week.

Edit: and while I did technically see you over on that other stream, I only popped over to see if it was easy to report it just to troll the streamers. But I stuck around and watched for a few because it was so early in the game anyway. :p

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Sir @DrBretto don't neglect your work just for a game! That way you will be able to distract yourself better :p
Don't neglect my whatnow?? That word does not compute! lol

In all seriousness, my job gives me a ton of free time to screw off on the 'net. That's really how I was able to get into following this so closely. I don't know what I'm gonna do when it's all over! Sure as hell not work more, lol.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
oops, DP

Edit: or not DP. That is the question. The site just bugged the hell out on me, lol.

Here was my post that I was super smart enough to copy before it went weird:

I am in no way tempted to see the spoilers. I am just hopelessly addicted to the internet and following this game, lol. I'm just clicking on the general FFXV discussion threads, but I'm half asleep here at work, so sometimes I don't realize I've clicked on the spoiler thread until I've seen a couple of posts!

I noticed I kept doing that and NEARLY caught a picture of the ending, so that's a little too close to the sun for my comfort and that tab is now closed.

I will need to submerge my mind balls-deep into minecraft for the next week.

Edit: and while I did technically see you over on that other stream, I only popped over to see if it was easy to report it just to troll the streamers. But I stuck around and watched for a few because it was so early in the game anyway. :p
Lmao and there I am trying to tell everyone to chill out haha. unfortunately it was a dead weekend for me and I couldn't help myself. First time I've ever spoiled myself like that ever. But definitely not for the majority we haven't seen yet

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
we still have the VIIRemake in the work! and it will come in multiple parts to boost! Enough material to have discussions as lenghty (if not more) as we have been having with XV

edit: fixing grammar and spelling errors.