Spoiler Impressions on NeoGAF

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Ah I see.

However what you said in your previous post about the map opening up and revealing more may still appIy I take it.

As in there may be more to the map than that screen load shot.
I think the when we see the guide, we'll see the actual true full map. There is a lot more to that other continent. It is definitely larger than Lucis, its just not fully exploreable. Its just to get a sense of travel down completely as you travel by train. There are sections to explore though on it.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
There is still that whole bottom half on that old map that is unused on the new map.
It is used, at least parts of it., the map of that east continent expands a significant amount to the north east and south as you travel by the train. The map starts out small. I wish I could show you, but the stream was taken down, and it is the last thing I am watching about this game before I play it myself lol.

My point is, we should just wait until someone can grab a full map from either one of the guides or this map when someone has completed the train section.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Regarding, the map, well, it seems as if that's not the complete one.

If you want to go completely blind in regards to that, I'd strongly advice against checking this link. I haven't seen it myself, but I have a strong idea of what it might be (I don't really care about location spoilers in a map, unless really secret ones). Actually, if you saw that wall board with the updated map a few months ago, you'll probably get the same here, but in its in-game look (with location names, reachable areas and all, I'm guessing).

It's a map that shows things unseen in that other map (that one I actually saw), as that was just incomplete:

I'll probably say fuck it and buy it next week, if this week I advance a shitton of work I must do (I actually got a presentation to do the 29th). If I have the game, even if I'm not able to go further than a few chapters, I know I'll satiate any kind of wish to look for new info (and thus, reduce the craving and the risk of reading spoilers!).

Although I also have a doubt that I'll probably ask whenever it's known: basically, how long we're able to control Old Noctis and co (it totally qualifies as a story spoiler, so I would only even think of asking it in story spoilers threads when they're done in the future). I'm afraid it isn't going to be long enough, but who knows :/

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Lol, I have the exact same problem. Trying to bust out as much work as I can for grad school, but my obsession is actually preventing me from doing that hahaha.

Also regarding that you show, it seems that they cut off what is to the north, i think its still likely Solheim, but who knows? And it also seems like there are regions in Temebrae/Niflheim, I'm sure some of each are in the least partially exploreable.

Sorry if I'm being annoying with this post. If so, please feel free to just ignore it. I'm avoiding most spoilers but there are a certain things I would like to have answered anyways, before I play the game. If they have been already brought up in the thread then forgive me, I don't want to read something unrelated to the things I'm curious about by mistake.

1. Does the story ever take you through Tenebrae and Solheim/Niflheim and if so, how explorable are they? How open are they in comparison to say, Altissia/Accordo?
2. How much more "game" is there left after the battle with Ifrit?

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Sorry if I'm being annoying with this post. If so, please feel free to just ignore it. I'm avoiding most spoilers but there are a certain things I would like to have answered anyways, before I play the game. If they have been already brought up in the thread then forgive me, I don't want to read something unrelated to the things I'm curious about by mistake.

1. Does the story ever take you through Tenebrae and Solheim/Niflheim and if so, how explorable are they? How open are they in comparison to say, Altissia/Accordo?
1. Of course it should be very explorable as well with each area having different regions. (Tabata said only the end of the game is linear)
2.I dont know this yet apparently its the ending but there might be alot more. There also new content when you beat the game.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Apparently the first 2 areas are pretty exploreable,with some good dungeons. A user on Neogaf said Tenebrae is actually a background, but that map that Tornak shows, shows that it has multiple regions, whats the point in doing that if you couldn't walk around? I'd take it with a grain of salt. Niflheim apparently is a really creepy dungeon, which is cool i guess.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
From what I read, the late game areas are still open, but pretty small compared to early game areas like Duscae. Regarding Tenebrae, look what this gaffer who got the game has to say.
Very little. Pretty much only the final boss fight.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014

I am livid, one of the major reason I was so hyped for this game was to explore Tanabre, yet they lock us out!!!

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
In regards to how much content will be available after finishing the game, someone who has actually played and finished the game said there will be new unlocked content.

Some areas and content are only available once you finish the game.

As always be very cautious about what is said on Gaf and don't believe everything people say there.

Shitloads of misinformation there so would be appreciated if said misinformation isn't spread here too.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
In regards to how much content will be available after finishing the game, someone who has actually played and finished the game said there will be new unlocked content.

Some areas and content are only available once you finish the game.

As always be very cautious about what is said on Gaf and don't believe everything people say there.

Shitloads of misinformation there so would be appreciated if said misinformation isn't spread here too.
I was really looking foward to exploring Tenabre hope it is available.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
At this point its just best to calm down, and just wait until you get your copy. The game seems like its going to be supported for quite a while so maybe things like exploring and expanding certain areas may actually become a thing later on. Maybe they eventually make the eastern continent more explorable. Maybe they put you in the past and let you drive and run around in a fully rendered insomnia. Who knows?

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014

I was so excited to explore this place, they modeled it and everything and now its locked away. This makes me so sad I lost my hype for this game hearing that the second half wont have many fantastical environments either. Even though Tabata said that the game starts more grounded and gets more fantastical later on, now im hearing the most fantastical place is Altissia. I wanted this games world to be huge since 2015 playing Duscae I was frothing at the mouth to see so many different type of environments and a huge open world. But now im hearing the world is a lot smaller. Also what im hearing about the story is not so great either chapters 1-8 has virtually no story then 9-13 its just set pieces and dungeons. This went from my most hyped game of all time to something that now I have very little interest in anymore. I think Tabata lied about alot of things. Also the fact that it is not Versus anymore. This post (Ignore that its a 4chan post for a bit and actually read the it) This shows how great The Versus intro was and if the game was anything like this intro it looked like the rest of the game would of had masterful story telling, but they fell short with XV. I think this is because they used the Dissidia writer. They shouldve hired a more competent writer for this project.

In Conclusion this feels like a betrayal of all that Hype I had. Feels like Ive wasted 10 years. I dont think a game will get me more hype than versus it was my dream game. When Versus was cancelled in 2012 it was really cancelled. XV is just trying to make a game using its assets and I think it fails miserably for it. Versus couldnt be completed because Square was having hardships at the time and Nomuras team needed to be put on finishing 13 and fixing 14. Because of this Nomura had a skeleton crew. Its squares fault Versus wasent finished, dont blame Nomura. After that they took him off the project and put Tabata on in his place cause they wanted Nomura to work on FF7 remake instead. They used the Versus assets and made a brand new mainline entry in XV. I dont think they should have done this becuase Nomura made those characters and only he could Finish it and make it the right way. Tabata also only made psp games in the past I dont think he was ready to make a mainline game, with XV it shows. XV uses Versus characters and elements but it bastardizes them becuase I think the Dissidia writer is incompetent and didn't know what to do with Nomuras world and characters. Also The game is definitely incomplete seeing as the needed to cut so many things out. (Like complete areas like Solhiem and Tenabre) Shows me that Tabata is incompetent as well in making console game. IMO they shouldnt have used Versus assets to make XV, but I guess they had to to save money. XV should have been a brand new thing. Either that or put better writers and a better director on board to turn Versus Into XV. In the end Squares problem's in gen 7 with the failure of XIII and XIV continues to haunt them as it ruined this project. I hope XVI is good but as I said again I don't think another game will hype me as much as Verusus did.

Last edited:

Rogue-Tomato

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 17, 2016
Worcester, UK

I was so excited to explore this place, they modeled it and everything and now its locked away. This makes me so sad I lost my hype for this game hearing that the second half wont have many fantastical environments either. Even though Tabata said that the game starts more grounded and gets more fantastical later on, now im hearing the most fantastical place is Altissia. I wanted this games world to be huge since 2015 playing Duscae I was frothing at the mouth to see so many different type of environments and a huge open world. But now im hearing the world is a lot smaller. Also what im hearing about the story is not so great either chapters 1-8 has virtually no story then 9-13 its just set pieces and dungeons. This went from my most hyped game of all time to something that now I have very little interest in anymore. I think Tabata lied about alot of things. Also the fact that it is not Versus anymore. This post (Ignore that its a 4chan post for a bit and actually read the it) This shows how great The Versus intro was and if the game was anything like this intro it looked like the rest of the game would of had masterful story telling, but they fell short with XV. I think this is because they used the Dissidia writer. They shouldve hired a more competent writer for this project.

In Conclusion this feels like a betray all that Hype I had. Feels like Ive wasted 10 years. I dont think a game will get me more hype that versus had it was my dream game. When Versus was cancelled in 2012 it was really cancelled. XV is just trying to make a game using its assets and I think it fails miserably for it. Versus couldnt be completed because Square was having hardships at the time and Nomuras team needed to be put on finishing 13 and fixing 14. Because of this Nomura had a skeleton crew. Its squares fault Versus wasent finished, dont blame Nomura. After that they took him off the project and put Tabata on in his place cause they wanted Nomura to work on FF7 remake instead. They used the Versus assets and made a brand new mainline entry in XV. I dont think they should have done this becuase Nomura made those characters and only he could Finish it and make it the right way. Tabata also only made psp games in the past I dont think he was ready to make a mainline game, with XV it shows. XV uses Versus characters and elements but it bastardizes them becuase I think the Dissidia writer is incompetent and didn't know what to do with Nomuras world and characters. Also The game is definitely incomplete seeing as the needed to cut so many things out. (Like complete areas like Solhiem and Tenabre) Shows me that Tabata is incompetent as well in making console game. IMO they shouldnt have used Versus assets to make XV, but I guess they had to to save money. XV should have been a brand new thing. Either that or put better writers and a better director on board to turn Versus Into XV. In the end Squares problem's in gen 7 with the failure of XIII and XIV continues to haunt them as it ruined this project. I hope XVI is good but as I said again I don't think another game will hype me as much as Verusus did.
All that and you haven't even played the game yet. =p

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain

You have to have the weirdest posting history I've ever seen in a forum. With the whole "leaks are fake 100% even if we can't know for sure" (I don't know if they're true or not, so there's no clue in here), the "don't post spoilers" and the blind hype and hope to spoiling the game for yourself and this. At least play the game, man.

I know I'll sound as an hypocrite in a matter of time considering that I don't think Old Noctis is going to be avaible beyond some shitty cutscene or fight (I truly can't stand his younger design), but oh, boy.