[SPOILERS] KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV - Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Just wanted to ask this in here since I got into a discussion on Nova Crystallis where someone said Glauca is dead. Does anyone really think he died at the end of Kingsglaive? Personally, I don't think he died at all. We never see him die, and I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't come back as a boss in the game. I mean, why show him at the start of the game (Drautos) if that's his only appearance? So... you make a model for him in game only to use him once?

I'd like to hear what people have to say. If you'd like to see the comments on NC, they're here: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/...ng-fishing-in-weekly-jump/#comment-2884450877
He was in the XV 2013 trailer Im sure hell be in the game

AtSwimTwoBirds

Clan Centurio Member
Jun 13, 2016
His armor also absorbed Libertus' knife during the car chase. When Nyx burned him, his armor slowly melted to reveal the knife so Nyx could warp to it. Also really interested to know what kind of properties that armor has and where he got it.
It's very, very powerful.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nifelheim used the last remnants of their Crystal to manufacture it.

The technology is at least 12 years old. You'd think they'd have more than one.

That's what leads me to believe the process is unique and that it's from the Crystal. That, or it's some Venom symbiote shit.

Jul 16, 2015
Just wanted to ask this in here since I got into a discussion on Nova Crystallis where someone said Glauca is dead. Does anyone really think he died at the end of Kingsglaive? Personally, I don't think he died at all. We never see him die, and I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't come back as a boss in the game. I mean, why show him at the start of the game (Drautos) if that's his only appearance? So... you make a model for him in game only to use him once?

I'd like to hear what people have to say. If you'd like to see the comments on NC, they're here: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/...ng-fishing-in-weekly-jump/#comment-2884450877
Glauca is not dead. Tabata showed him in that one ATR where he showed the Niflheim chain of command diagram. That was for the game not for the movie. I look forward to seeing him in the game and fighting him. Judging by the film he is going to be incredibly agile and powerful with a real high defense most likely. I can't wait. It didn't show Nyx die either even though his life is owed to the kings of Lucis for lending him the power from the ring of the Lucii. I wonder when his death is supposed to occur?. Remember Libertus said to Luna that he and Nyx will be waiting for her in Galbhad(think that is how it's spelled) if she wants to visit or something like that.

Sep 1, 2016
Glauca is not dead. Tabata showed him in that one ATR where he showed the Niflheim chain of command diagram. That was for the game not for the movie. I look forward to seeing him in the game and fighting him. Judging by the film he is going to be incredibly agile and powerful with a real high defense most likely. I can't wait. It didn't show Nyx die either even though his life is owed to the kings of Lucis for lending him the power from the ring of the Lucii. I wonder when his death is supposed to occur?. Remember Libertus said to Luna that he and Nyx will be waiting for her in Galbhad(think that is how it's spelled) if she wants to visit or something like that.
I agree, Glauca is not dead for those reasons - he's just way too powerful to be done in with a knife and he was just having a nap when the camera panned out ;) I expect a boss fight with him in the game and Noctis needs to confront the man who betrayed and killed his father.
As for Nyx, sadly, I think he is gone. The Lucian Kings said he could use their power until dawn and then the price of his life must be paid (something like that). That's why Nyx was in such a hurry to defeat Glauca because the sun was coming up. And I think in a way, Libertus knows that Nyx isn't coming back - he was close to tears when talking about him. Luna definitely knows this too and I believe she was trying to comfort Libertus by saying she hopes to see the both of them again.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Hey, I just had a crazy thought. The Ring of the Lucii Regis and later Nyx uses in the game. I just assumed that it was referring to the name of the royal family, but suppose it's not... Suppose it's actually the title of the world's deities. That would mean the Caelum line's odd use of "Lucis" in their names would make a bit more sense. Kind of like a verbal acknowledgement of their links (dare one say pact or contract) with the world's deities through use of the crystal.

And if that's true, then maybe it also hints about something behind the powers of the Fleuret royal line, as their middle name appears to be Nox without exception, and they also hold magical power but possibly from a different sources. Maybe "Nox" is their name/title for the Goddess in the XV logo or something. Just a wild tangent based on removing an assumption.

As for Nyx, sadly, I think he is gone. The Lucian Kings said he could use their power until dawn and then the price of his life must be paid (something like that). That's why Nyx was in such a hurry to defeat Glauca because the sun was coming up. And I think in a way, Libertus knows that Nyx isn't coming back - he was close to tears when talking about him. Luna definitely knows this too and I believe she was trying to comfort Libertus by saying she hopes to see the both of them again.
Yeah, it's confirmed that he was a movie-exclusive character, and if you look through it, all the characters confirmed to be physically in the game (excepting Lunafreya) don't have a large role to play. There's not even any clear sign that those gigantic Daemons will be in the game. There's a chance Libertus might appear in some way or form, as I think Tabata said once that Kingsglaive characters might appear in cameo roles. Mind you, that could also extend to Drautos, since he was technically part of the Kingsglaive.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2016
Hey, I just had a crazy thought. The Ring of the Lucii Regis and later Nyx uses in the game. I just assumed that it was referring to the name of the royal family, but suppose it's not... Suppose it's actually the title of the world's deities. That would mean the Caelum line's odd use of "Lucis" in their names would make a bit more sense. Kind of like a verbal acknowledgement of their links (dare one say pact or contract) with the world's deities through use of the crystal.

And if that's true, then maybe it also hints about something behind the powers of the Fleuret royal line, as their middle name appears to be Nox without exception, and they also hold magical power but possibly from a different sources. Maybe "Nox" is their name/title for the Goddess in the XV logo or something. Just a wild tangent based on removing an assumption.
Interesting idea... I also always thought the middle names were only for royal families because they reference the country they rule ie. Regis Lucis Caelem (cause you know, he's the King of Lucis) or Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca (Queen of Dalmasca). But then if it followed the same formula, shouldn't Luna be named Lunafreya Tenebrae Fleuret? Bloody mouthful I know - I do still prefer her current name. I've always wondered about the meaning behind "Nox" so your above theory is a cool idea.

Jul 16, 2015

Yeah, it's confirmed that he was a movie-exclusive character, and if you look through it, all the characters confirmed to be physically in the game (excepting Lunafreya) don't have a large role to play. There's not even any clear sign that those gigantic Daemons will be in the game. There's a chance Libertus might appear in some way or form, as I think Tabata said once that Kingsglaive characters might appear in cameo roles. Mind you, that could also extend to Drautos, since he was technically part of the Kingsglaive.
The names are definitely interesting to think about. Noctis Lucis Caelum in order tranlates to night, light, sky so this can be interpreted to mean light of the night sky which reminds of the of the whole seeing the light of expiring souls in the night sky from Versus. Lunafreya is interesting because it combines two names translating to moon and lady which may be interpreted as meaning lady of the moon or something to that effect. Nox also a Roman translation of Nyx which is greek for the primordial goddess of the night which is interesting. She may have a deep connection to the moon which I have been theorizing for a while. Perhaps you may be right in assuming their middle names are connected to the gods and goddesses of Eos. Maybe Nox is the goddess of the moon.Luna was praying to a goddess in Kingsglaive afterall while staring out at the big bright full moon so I bet it will be important. I really really hope we get to go to the moon in the game. It certainly won't be a first in the series which is why I'm so hopefull and with all the FFVIII inspriations and all I feel very confident about it. I really just went off and rambled didn't I? lol. Oh well I like theorizing about this stuff.

Last edited: