[SPOILERS] KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV - Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
Someone on GAF saw the film today and confirmed that Diamond Weapon and Ultros are in the film. Also, the post-credit sequence is a short scene of the bros on the road leading to the car breaking down. The scene is in-game engine and not CGI.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

Noctis0312

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
May 25, 2014
Tokyo
Just for clarification, what are the three powers (shown in the FFXV boxart and shown in Kingsglaive) and the Diamond weapon? Is it something like in FFVII where they're the guardians of the world? What do we know of them exactly?
They are former Lucian Kings, something akin to Gods.
Diamond Weapon is not quite explained but there are multiple Weapons, so basically just "weapons" developed by the Niflheim Empire.

Noctis0312

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
May 25, 2014
Tokyo
Do we know if other Kingdoms have their own respective powers and rings or is it just exclusive to the Kingdom of Lucis?
Most likely not, as the other kingdoms have moved on to more "tech" stuff, wielding guns, mechs and androids; Lucis as the holders of the last remaining crystal have retained a more traditional type of weaponry: swords, daggers etc. and magic even though exclusive to those of the royal family and people close to them.
Ravus seeks to gain power by obtaining the Lucian ring, so most likely it's exclusive to Lucis.

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
I have one question to anyone who saw the film especially since apparently the world lore is not delved into much: no actual spoilers please, I accidentally read a few already... just yes, no, or unclear will work! Is the original Lucis sigil/ and or presence of reapers (like the one that originally held the Etro painting in Versus) still a part of the game's universe, or is that still unclear and we will have to play the game to find out either way?

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I'm really curious about the Etro painting scene with Nyx and Luna; how they called the goddess in the movie? same or different name?

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Random spoiler--will edit if it's been posted already--the film's AUDI R8 belongs to Noctis.
Sorry, but I need to correct you there. According to official information, it's only ever been called the royal family's state car, nothing to do with Noctis in particular. The only notable car with a specific owner is the Regalia, which was owned by Regis.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Sorry, but I need to correct you there. According to official information, it's only ever been called the royal family's state car, nothing to do with Noctis in particular. The only notable car with a specific owner is the Regalia, which was owned by Regis.
I'm only relaying what I've read from impressions by different fans in Japan.