[SPOILERS] KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV - Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
AUDI R8 confirmed to be in the game then right? I mean it's Noctis f*cking car.

>_>.
Dunno. Assuming it's still in one piece by the end of Kingsglaive? It sounds as though Regalia will be our main form of vehicular transportation.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Dunno. Assuming it's still in one piece by the end of Kingsglaive? It sounds as though Regalia will be our main form of vehicular transportation.
I figured if it would be in the game it would be as some sort of bonus thing that would be like a skin of sorts.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
New poster for the movie:

We now have a direct confirmation of what the stone statues are at the very least designed after from the new trailer.

Here's an image of the figures in the sky from the NA box art:

Now, here's an image of one of the stone statues fighting Diamond Weapon:

Notice the spike like things hanging off of the disk shaped helmet how they come out in multiple places and point down with the flat side out and the diagonal of the spike inwards just like in the picture.

The statue depicted on the Kingsglaive artwork is also likely the figure on the right in the image from the box art, they both have the horns that come out from the head.

I've seen many speculate as to what these are but I've never myself thought too much about it as there wasn't much to go off of. I've heard of people thinking they are other weapons from FFVII and the KotR, but now we know a little bit more about these things, at least in terms of how they are seen from Lucis.

The official FFXV Kingsglaive art book shows the stone statues which I've taken the liberty to translate:

What purpose to these beings in the sky serve? Are they guardians of Lucis? Are they simply Gods of this universe? Are the stone statues connected with the power of those sky beings, or are they simply in their liking?

Sep 26, 2013
New poster for the movie:

We now have a direct confirmation of what the stone statues are at the very least designed after from the new trailer.

Here's an image of the figures in the sky from the NA box art:

Now, here's an image of one of the stone statues fighting Diamond Weapon:

Notice the spike like things hanging off of the disk shaped helmet how they come out in multiple places and point down with the flat side out and the diagonal of the spike inwards just like in the picture.

The statue depicted on the Kingsglaive artwork is also likely the figure on the right in the image from the box art, they both have the horns that come out from the head.

I've seen many speculate as to what these are but I've never myself thought too much about it as there wasn't much to go off of. I've heard of people thinking they are other weapons from FFVII and the KotR, but now we know a little bit more about these things, at least in terms of how they are seen from Lucis.

The official FFXV Kingsglaive art book shows the stone statues which I've taken the liberty to translate:

What purpose to these beings in the sky serve? Are they guardians of Lucis? Are they simply Gods of this universe? Are the stone statues connected with the power of those sky beings, or are they simply in their liking?
They're straight up designed after Knights of the Round, if that's worth anything.

Compare to the fourth knight in the KotR sequence, who likewise wields a mace. The resemblance is uncanny.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
They're straight up designed after Knights of the Round, if that's worth anything.

Compare to the fourth knight in the KotR sequence, who likewise wields a mace. The resemblance is uncanny.
I couldn't really get a good shot at him, but I got this one of one of the few reskins of the same model...

I wonder if there are more than five of them then?

Sep 26, 2013
I couldn't really get a good shot at him, but I got this one of one of the few reskins of the same model...

I wonder if there are more than five of them then?
My thoughts too. If I were a betting man I'd say that there are probably thirteen Lucian statues, but of course that's all supposition. I think it's pretty clear these guys are the Knights of the Round, though that still leaves a few questions such as whether or not they're Astrals like Titan or something unique to Lucis. It's also worth noting that in the cover art for XV you graciously posted the figure on the far left has Noctis' cross shuriken, a weapon that we know falls under the royal weapon category thanks to Platinum Demo. That could make these guys deceased Lucian kings, potentially.

Sep 26, 2013
Hate to double post, but I had something new to add to all of this speculation about the statues/Lucian figures/possible KotR! Since we see one of them wielding Noctis' Cross Shuriken in the cover art image Leon graciously posted, I did a little search for an old menu screenshot I seemed to recall a devoted fan bringing up somewhere in speculation.

You can see the nodes for Phantom Swords up above Noctis' party. There are thirteen slots for phantom weapons, which we know relate to Lucian kings. There also just happen to be thirteen Knights of the Round. Leon's shot also clearly shows the design similarities between one of the revealed figures and one of the classic Knights from VII. This leads me to believe that Lucian kings, through the Ring of the Lucii, can manifest in Insomnia's guardian statues as the Knights of the Round to protect the kingdom even beyond death. What do you guys think?

I also think Regis' sword may be Excalibur, since we know he dies and joins these legendary Lucians and his name literally means "King" but that's more speculation than anything else.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
does that mean we'll get Knights of the Round as the ultimate summon in the game?

because if it does, that would be phenomenal. Imagine the destruction.
I've been theorizing an idea about Knights of the Round, we'll have to see if the movie confirms anything about these figures. I assume that Noctis once having the Ring and all thirteen of the swords would be able to summon the power of the thirteen knights all at once but in their human form including his father who would take a younger appearance. It's possible now though knowing these statues are connected with the KotR, that perhaps they would take the appearance of these knights instead, but who knows really.

mikehettfield

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jul 4, 2016
Kingsglaive Breakdown.
My second part on my theorical series, us intended for Spanish speaking audience, check it out if you guys feel like it. major spoilers, see at own risk

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I really don't think those status are the Knights of the Round, though them drawing design elements from that would not be surprising.. Not sure what they are, but don't think they're a summon or the like.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I really don't think those status are the Knights of the Round, though them drawing design elements from that would not be surprising.. Not sure what they are, but don't think they're a summon or the like.
They actually are KotR confirmed by people who watched Kingsglaive. I don't think they're a summon though, but I think Noctis will be able to summon them towards the end of the game.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Since XV's the summonable summons will be the traditional ones (in Tabata's words) I would guess KotR will likely be limited only to a cutscene.

Sep 26, 2013
I really appreciate that you pay so much attention to small details, LeonBlade. He's absolutely right, just to recap for people in this thread who might not know every tidbit of information. These figures are Lucian guardian statues that are brought to life by the Ring of the Lucii. They are the Knights of the Round. They are also the foggy figures that looked over Noctis and Regis in the Dawn trailer, and they wield relic weapons of Lucis. They are, because of their ties to the Ring of the Lucii and because of Tabata's own words, not Astrals.

At this point I'd really like to see how these guys tie into actual gameplay in XV itself. The ring is still such a mystery.