*SPOILERS* No Final Fantasy X-3? So did they just ruin FFX-2 happy ending?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Hashimoto also shot down the idea of a Final Fantasy X-3, saying “Since we’re revisiting Final Fantasy X and X-2, which were released about 10 years ago, the series’ scenario writer Kazushige Nojima and character designer Tetsuya Nomura had a discussion and thought that the HD Remaster release would be a good opportunity for them to include this additional story episode [and expand upon the univese a little further]. But the audio episode’s inclusion wasn’t because we have any plans to develop a Final Fantasy X-3.”
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/...l-fantasy-xii-hd-says-fans-need-to-demand-it/

Okay, I'm not sure I even wanted a FFX-3 but after reading about the audio drama (which do bear in mind I have not listened to yet, I only read the summary before the in depth part started here http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/...oilers-leak-out-suggest-sequel-is-inevitable/) Anyhow. *SPOILERS* Sin is reborn and Tidus and Yuna has broken up and from what I gathered it ends like that!?!

I have no idea why a cliff hanger ending would even be included. First off the audio drama was not needed to begin with. Second if you're gonna add one don't leave it ending on a sour note. Don't get me wrong. I'm not upset that they're not making Final Fantasy X-3 but that they just possibly ruined Final Fantasy X's happy ending. Maybe I've gotten this all wrong though. What are your thoughts on this?

Even if it's not strictly going to be called "Final Fantasy X-3", or even an actual game for that matter, a followup has to happen. You've written yourself into cliffhangers and opened up massive new plot threads. You have to do something with it, and to have had a purpose in mind when you did it.

EDIT: Unless the whole purpose of it is to convey some sort of abstract message about how there will never be a true Calm. You delude yourself if you believe eternal harmony is possible. You delude yourself if you think loved ones can properly come back like that and be exactly how you remember them. You delude yourself if you think Blitzball terrorists don't exist in Spira, etc.

I mean, I dunno, unless it was all some elaborate joke and something we can all happily ignore and cross out from the official canon?

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/...l-fantasy-xii-hd-says-fans-need-to-demand-it/

Okay, I'm not sure I even wanted a FFX-3 but after reading about the audio drama (which do bear in mind I have not listened to yet, I only read the summary before the in depth part started here http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/...oilers-leak-out-suggest-sequel-is-inevitable/) Anyhow. *SPOILERS* Sin is reborn and Tidus and Yuna has broken up and from what I gathered it ends like that!?!

I have no idea why a cliff hanger ending would even be included. First off the audio drama was not needed to begin with. Second if you're gonna add one don't leave it ending on a sour note. Don't get me wrong. I'm not upset that they're not making Final Fantasy X-3 but that they just possibly ruined Final Fantasy X's happy ending. Maybe I've gotten this all wrong though. What are your thoughts on this?
"but that they just possibly ruined Final Fantasy X's happy ending. Maybe I've gotten this all wrong though. What are your thoughts on this?"

I dont really care about Happy ending... Tidus and yuna don't even a good couple lol.. tidus more fit to girls like rikku...this TIDUSxYUNA thing getting worse than twilight story lol..the only thing i hated always about FFX story is nearly all about YUNAxTIDUS love story.....

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
"but that they just possibly ruined Final Fantasy X's happy ending. Maybe I've gotten this all wrong though. What are your thoughts on this?"

I dont really care about Happy ending... Tidus and yuna don't even a good couple lol.. tidus more fit to girls like rikku...this TIDUSxYUNA thing getting worse than twilight story lol..the only thing i hated always about FFX story is nearly all about YUNAxTIDUS love story.....
While Tidus and Rikku is nice as well. The story just did not go that way...

I feel strange that they did this. They could have just left the ending at FFX if I knew they were going to reunite in X-2 just to have an argument start and then break up. At least in X it was more of a touching depart, Not a break up. Oh and Sin has been reborn! It's not just the TidusxYuna, they've basically just screwed everything up.

I feel like I'm watching one of those horror movies when all the cast dies. The whole point was to see who survives the horror and if there was a solution imo. Not sure if I'm making any sense, but yea Sin is back and Spira is in turmoil forever...

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
but Spira is in turmoil forever
Spira is full of death... only Sin is reborn, and then only to bring more death. It is a cycle of death, spiraling endlessly.
i want to see sin come back...Spira is fated to be a horror world with sin.

Sep 26, 2013
After reading the summary for FFX-2.5, I feel like leaving things where they are is the best service they can do for Spira and the characters. Don't let that zany plot twist do any further harm to a proud entry in Final Fantasy. If I were you, I would just pretend the fiction doesn't exist at all and leave the story ended at X-2. There will be no X-3 according to Hashimoto, so why even acknowledge the tie-in fiction if you think it's that bad?

Apr 20, 2015
I'm honestly hoping they scrap the idea for FFX-3 and never speak of this nonsense audio-drama again. While not my favorite installment in the series, I enjoyed FFX and even had my fun with FFX-2, but Square Enix writing this crazy plot just goes against everything the games stood for in the beginning. You go through all this trouble to fight Sin in the first game and beat him. Done. No need to bring Sin back. That defeats the whole purpose of the first game entirely. Why even bother stopping the Yunalesca and the concept of the final summoning if Sin always comes back? And to have Tidus and Yuna break up after all the hard work she(you as a player) spends trying to get him back? What's the point? Why even continue with the story if they are just going to butcher everything. Sure it was sappy, sure it wasn't the best story, but Square destroying the world of Spira altogether to make a few bucks is ridiculous. I would much rather Square use that money to make a Prequel with Jecht, Braska and Auron going through their pilgrimage.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
I'm honestly hoping they scrap the idea for FFX-3 and never speak of this nonsense audio-drama again. While not my favorite installment in the series, I enjoyed FFX and even had my fun with FFX-2, but Square Enix writing this crazy plot just goes against everything the games stood for in the beginning. You go through all this trouble to fight Sin in the first game and beat him. Done. No need to bring Sin back. That defeats the whole purpose of the first game entirely. Why even bother stopping the Yunalesca and the concept of the final summoning if Sin always comes back? And to have Tidus and Yuna break up after all the hard work she(you as a player) spends trying to get him back? What's the point? Why even continue with the story if they are just going to butcher everything. Sure it was sappy, sure it wasn't the best story, but Square destroying the world of Spira altogether to make a few bucks is ridiculous. I would much rather Square use that money to make a Prequel with Jecht, Braska and Auron going through their pilgrimage.
Kitase has been very clear they don't want to do a prequel about that. And obviously we've got XV coming, a generation of male-only parties would be quite dull.

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
This sums up the entirety of the Novella:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X-2.5_~Eien_no_Daishō~

So, the official canon timeline is
-FFX-2 Good Ending:

-FFX-2.5 Novella:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X-2.5_~Eien_no_Daishō~

-FFX-2 Perfect Ending (Zanarkand scene):
-Last Mission (three months later):
-Audio Drama (A year after X-2; Tidus saying "two years" is a mistranslation):

Considering the audio drama is still intact for the PS4 version, and that the alternate Last Mission scenes (that
played in the PS2 version if you started with game clear data where you didn't get the good or perfect endings) were removed from the HD remaster to make it canon that Tidus is back, there's no way that X-3 isn't still being considered.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
It's just the matter of opinion and personal perspective of this but I say that based on the content in the audio drama, the premise of 'X-3' sounds desperate and forced to me considering the return of Sin and all that have been already used in X & X-2. Also, X & X-2 have already explored almost or all of Spira entirely so I don't see a particular reason out of that Audio drama as to why we should come back to it at all as I feel there is nothing else can be explored and it should be that way.

But who knows, maybe there could be a twist and Sin is not part of the larger picture that's taking place in X-3 and such. But from what we have right now, it just feels wrong to see another sequel happening. It could tarnish the good reputation that Final Fantasy X has as of now.
FFVII's sequels didn't tarnish VII.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
FFVII's sequels didn't tarnish VII.
Yeah, I mean, outside of Dirge of Cerberus, the other VII sequels were fairly well received. I think what really sets these apart is the idea of revisiting such an old title which would make things sour for fans.

I do agree though honestly, I personally don't think it can really tarnish X's namesake, but I've heard others express otherwise. That being said, I wouldn't like it if they made a X-3, but that's just me of course.