1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Square Enix PS2 games you want to play again: Samurai Legend Musashi

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Nov 16, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Hey guys, I'm gonna talk about a game that I really adored playing over and over back in the Playstation 2 days.....

Its called Samurai Legend Musashi

[​IMG]

This game was just simply amazing from the Character designing (Tetsuya Nomura), to the eargasmic soundtrack (trust me), this is my favorite:

And also the gameplay of course:

Now, you must be asking yourself right now, "Alright so why mention about the game at all?"
    Well, the thing is..... This game is one of the many Square Enix games I want to play again and able to keep it digitally via the Playstation Network or physically with a disc.

Aside from the poor english voice acting (mainly Musashi himself), the game's story is fairly long with so many cheesy moments that if you're an Otaku or an anime watcher, you will tend to accept it or if you're a Square Enix fan like how I was (and still am to this day), you would still play it for the gameplay and so much more.

But the meat of the game is of course the gameplay itself and how the game rewards you as you proceed through the game.

For example, as shown in the gameplay video, you see Musashi with his "Great Oar" (second weapon), fighting off a bunch of the baddies, but while locking onto him and filling up his focus guage. The purpose of that is so that Musashi can learn a new technique used to fight off the enemy.
    In this case, "the chain attack"

[​IMG]
    Though of course, you will learn new techniques with every new enemy type you face.

And lets not forget bout the Level design and artwork.
    Three words: It. is. stunning

[​IMG]

From the Great tree, deep within the Wellspring Woods.

[​IMG]

To the dense and rich life of the Picodon Jungle.

Like literally at some point within the game, you just want to hang around in this one place, whilst listening to the designated music and just appreciate the scenery of the design whilst having fun with the combat (it really does satisfy you).

And theres so much more you can do within the game, that without a thought, you've put in like 6-8 hours, and you've barely proceeded with the story. But of course, as you proceed through the story, you will be able to do more side quests from finding ancient artifacts to finding materials for your upgrades.

I could just go on and on about how much of an amazing job Square Enix has done making this game.
    Back then, I didn't really care bout the reviews it got, despite it having mixed opinions.

But reviews didn't stop me from playing this game like Final Fantasy XIII and because of that, I have finished the game up to 4 times on the Playstation 2 system and I am still craving for more.

Maybe Square should revive the Musashi franchise (I would surely get it and so would others), but what I do want is to play this same game on my current consoles either the Playstation 3 or the Playstation 4.

So I'm really begging and hoping Square Enix would revive this game (Please oh Please Square!)

Well, what do you think? You have other beloved PS2 games you wish to be played again on your current consoles?
    *cough* Final Fantasy XII HD *cough*

APZonerunner likes this.
  2. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

Huh. I've never played this. Going to have to look this up...

3. Wazi the pa

Apparently it sold very little according to the VGChartz sale figures.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/1447/musashi-samurai-legend/

Probably because it failed due to poor advertisment, but it is a extremely good game, I highly recommend it....... and hoping if Square would bring it to PSN...... or remaster, whatever I just want to play this game again pleaase

4. gaiages

gaiages :< Moderator Site Staff

This game... when I played it back in 2006, it did not sit well with me. However, that was also during a time where I did not enjoy the Action RPG genre all that much, after the battle system of the original Kingdom Hearts bored me. I remember little about the game, but I seem to have a recollection of the areas being too long for my tastes or something. Or it might have been the over-the-top characters.

Heck, I don't know anymore. I have a copy sitting on my shelf after my boyfriend stealth bought a new copy (darn him!), so I'll probably at least watch him play it to see if I should give it another try :p

Wazi the pa likes this.
  5. Wazi the pa

Hahaha the only downside is Musashi's poor voice acting and some anime moments..... whether you watch anime or not.... Other than that, go for it, you will not regret it :)

6. Wazi the pa

Coming back to this thread.... My hope is to see the Musashi series make a return. Please oh Please Square hear my wish!

7. Wazi the pa

I'm coming back once again. Whoever is going to TGS 2014, go up to one of the Square Enix representative and tell them to revive the Musashi series. ASAP.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!