Square Enix readies a bunch of goods for Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
Hm so it looks like X/X-2 HD wont hit western territories before January huh? I am surprised by this. Isnt this a bit dangerously close to the release of Lightning returns? Cant imagine they would want the both games competing in the sales charts...

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
No its understandable that it takes longer. This isnt a simple HD port like with the Tomb Raider Trilogy. They are basically recreating FF X and X-2. the charactermodels are new, facial animation is redone, all of the graphics has been completely re-rendered and remastered, the music has been newly arranged etc. If you compare the original version to the Remaster version the difference in quality is ENORMOUS. Almost like a shot by shot remake.

So this game shouldnt have come out 6 months ago, thats nonsense. I hate it if people have no patience and want everything yesterday but with the best possible quality. quality takes time. And I rather have a perfect remaster that almost feels like a new game instead of just a cheap usual HD port.

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
No its understandable that it takes longer. This isnt a simple HD port like with the Tomb Raider Trilogy. They are basically recreating FF X and X-2. the charactermodels are new, facial animation is redone, all of the graphics has been completely re-rendered and remastered, the music has been newly arranged etc. If you compare the original version to the Remaster version the difference in quality is ENORMOUS. Almost like a shot by shot remake.

So this game shouldnt have come out 6 months ago, thats nonsense. I hate it if people have no patience and want everything yesterday but with the best possible quality. quality takes time. And I rather have a perfect remaster that almost feels like a new game instead of just a cheap usual HD port.
It's SE that we are talking about! I was so suprised by KH 1.5! The result was suprisingly astonishing! The best remaster so far and I think that X/X-2 can only compete with it, if not surpass it!