Square Enix Registers Cupcake Kingdom & Triad Wars

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Denis

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 6, 2013
I have the article up here.

What do you guys think it is? I personally think its two new mobile games since neogaf originally reported it. There have also been rumors that Triad Wars could be a spin off to Sleeping Dogs.​

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Yep, United Front Games just confirmed Triad Wars is based in the Sleeping Dogs universe and more info will come in 2014. I, for one, absolutely loved Sleeping Dogs so I'll be keeping a close eye on this one.

Seda

Yevonite
Site Staff
Sep 24, 2013
Atlanta, GA
twitter.com
The nature of this announcement felt odd, just pops up on UFG's blog after the trademark filing was discovered without much info. The name, and considering Square's statements on their new approach to their IPs make me think this is something along the lines of multiplayer only or F2P

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
The nature of this announcement felt odd, just pops up on UFG's blog after the trademark filing was discovered without much info. The name, and considering Square's statements on their new approach to their IPs make me think this is something along the lines of multiplayer only or F2P
Very possible. I initially thought some sort of open world online game based in the Sleeping Dogs universe. Online-only or indeed F2P quite possible. Which would be a blow, really. Really want a Dogs 2.

Denis

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 6, 2013
Yep, United Front Games just confirmed Triad Wars is based in the Sleeping Dogs universe and more info will come in 2014. I, for one, absolutely loved Sleeping Dogs so I'll be keeping a close eye on this one.
Interesting, do you have a link by any chance?

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Wei Shen was one of the most likeable protagonists I've played as for a while. His VA was quality. I hope Wei returns, but I probably wouldn't mind if it sort of went like GTA, where you play in a new location with a new character. Either way is cool with me, but I hope it's still essentially a sequel and not, as people suspect, some sort of online thing.

Dollow

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
dollowrlance.blogspot.com
Wei Shen was one of the most likeable protagonists I've played as for a while. His VA was quality. I hope Wei returns, but I probably wouldn't mind if it sort of went like GTA, where you play in a new location with a new character. Either way is cool with me, but I hope it's still essentially a sequel and not, as people suspect, some sort of online thing.
I would like if it take place after the first and the things he did from the first game cause a power race for the Triads, and he has to get things under control or something like that. As my friend would have it Sleeping Dogs "No Wei Out".

Last edited:
Interesting. 'Triad Wars' sounded like one of those cheaply-made isometric mobile games, sort of like a triad skin over something like Clash of Clans.

Though it can still be a mobile game, but seeing as SE seemed keen to get into the "persistence online experience" arena, citing certain IPs that could be potentially successful in this area such as Just Cause and Sleeping Dogs, I'm expecting something online-related now.

Still, more Sleeping Dogs will be great. Absolutely loved the Hong Kong setting, and I'd kill to see more of Hong Kong in a video game, and more dynamic than before.

Cupcake Kingdom sounds like it's for me. I do like baking cakes...

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
So Triad Wars is gonna be in the Sleepiing Dogs universe, interesting. I played it a bit when it was free on plus but I was burnt out on sandbox games so I didn't get very far.