1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Square Enix still refuses to learn lessons of the past

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by LogicalFal'cie, Dec 7, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LogicalFal'cie

LogicalFal'cie Balamb Garden Freshman

2. Zaraki

Zaraki Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Are you trying to apply this to FF15? If so, I have questions.

Who wrote the steps to failure? Yoshida? He had jack squat to do with XV, jack squat. What the so called Business Division 2 do, does not impact the MMO division (I think it's 4, not sure tbh). People need to stop blaming Square Enix as a whole, do the KH team have anything to do with XV? No, if you do want to blame people, blame Tabata, blame BD2, Nojima and even Tetsuya Nomura. Don't fault Square Enix as a whole.

XV was awesome, but as always the entitled people will moan about how they've been waiting 10 years. Well guess what, the game hasn't been in development for 10 years. Versus 13 was about 6 and then re-branded. Every FF story has issues, but the haters are louder than the lovers. What is so wrong with wanting to fix issues with the game? They are giving you free updates so what is the problem? BD2 actually give a shit about their game and WANT fan feedback to make the game the best it can possibly be.

I'm proud to be an FF fan and when that FF theme came on during XV (won't say when to avoid spoilers), it felt like a national anthem. Thank you Square Enix, and a middle finger to the haters who keep moaning over nothing, acting entitled and nitpicking. Genuine criticism is fine, but hating is another thing.

3. AverageAfro

AverageAfro Yevonite

Preach!

Storm, Zaraki and LeonBlade like this.
  4. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

The only Logical Fal'cie here is this post. This is applying to FFXIV, an MMO. It has nothing to do with XV's problems. XIV's original launch was a disaster, XV is not a disaster by any means...

For everything else, @Zaraki drives the nail into the coffin.

Crystal Power, Storm and Zaraki like this.
  5. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

This image resurfaced today because of the recent announcement of future FFXV updates. So I'm assuming the focus is centered around the third point.

However, this isn't really the best way to make a thread about it.

Zaraki likes this.
  6. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23 PSICOM Soldier

I think the game definitely has issues in the story department. I also think the linearity of the second half actually hurt it more than helped. But that being said, I love this game and the game is honestly fine the way it is. The fact that they are adding more to the story and content through patchwork as we speak just speaks volumes as to how good of a Company square can be, even if deadlines had to be met.

I definitely agree with you, I just think they can do more for the story even through patching. It would make replayability that much more enticing.

Zaraki likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.