1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Square Enix TGS Line Up

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Squirrel Emperor, Sep 3, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

S-E seems so detached from reality that I'm sure they think it's cool showing by surprise a title already announced (twice) and that fans will love it.

Although, of course, there is the higher possibility that they just don't have anything to say about this game at TGS :p

2. KOKAYI5

KOKAYI5 Red Wings Commander

What could a PR dept gain by keeping secrets this long if not to surprise people? But at this point, forget surprise, it's time to show the fans and haters that the game is done or can at least be out in JPN next year.

3. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

I wager this is due to a company edict issued a little while back; they supposedly won't be very forthcoming with showing off any particular games or announce anything until it is at a certain point in development/space of time before it is released. I wonder if what occurred last generation (the premature announcements of the whole of Fabula Nova Crystallis, FF Versus XIII, Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers and others before they were even properly in development, or a sufficiently tangible state of development) is what led them to this new policy. That's all well and good - only a moron would put the cart before the horse, and a well-managed process of game announcement up to release is what everyone should do - but it's so conspicuously ill-timed at the moment when we are still waiting to SEE (i.e. it is all well and good dropping hints of gameplay, but how about SHOWING us?) a game announced over eight years ago.

Of course, this would make Kingdom Hearts 3 an anomaly. If there's a mandatory new policy, how did that one make it out when it's still so early in development? It was probably an exception for two reasons: fans already suspected that Osaka is working on a mainline KH game, so they may as well let the day out the bag and let fans have something else to officially look forward to; and because they perhaps felt obligated to compliment FFXV at E3 2014 when other major publishers were unveiling their own next-gen projects.

I really do sympathise with everyone currently a wee bit ticked off. Is there a likelihood that it may actually show up somehow in a closed event? Possible, but as said by other posters here, what on earth does one gain from doing such a thing? Isn't it better to be transparent and TELL your fans and customers that you have the next mainline FF game to show instead of treating it like some super exclusive invite only yacht club? I personally think they may actually refrain from showing FFXV in a few weeks precisely because of what I'm suspecting in the above paragraphs. They have other games - it doesn't matter how new, not new or on what platforms they are, as they're still stuff to sell - that will be out sooner, and the PR department seems keener to focus marketing on those games before they think about marketing FFXV, which is by all bets, still a way off yet.

I'm afraid even someone like Nomura promising that there will be FFXV anytime between E3 and the end of this year isn't able to go up against PR edicts.

Takoyaki likes this.
  4. Crystal Power

Crystal Power ShinRa SOLDIER

Agreed! There really is no point to keep announcing Final Fantasy XV as a surprise. This is a game that has been announced years ago. I wonder when the day will come when SE can begin to just list FFXV on there E3, TGS, etc Line up lists without the fans hoping for a "Surprise".

5. Myrodis19

Myrodis19 PSICOM Soldier

The only reason i could see them being so secretive is if they has a major announcement for said game. That being said i will not get my hopes up. A others have said i find it surprising that Type-0 was not on that list.

6. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

Yeah, the absence of Type-0 is odd...unless it's just one of those technicalities because "hey, we've not officially announced Type-0 HD for Japan yet, so TECHNICALLY it's unannounced!"

7. Myrodis19

Myrodis19 PSICOM Soldier

You'd think Square would do the smart thing and just tell us if it will be there. Would save a lot of heartache from the fans.

8. Takoyaki

Takoyaki Red Wings Commander

In the end, they know despite all this hubbub and complaints that the majority are still "hyped" no matter how frustrated, they will still remain excited and I wish they didn't. But with the current situation they can just wait it out and do whatever they want with it as it would also draw attention to their booth in general whether its there or not.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  9. Myrodis19

Myrodis19 PSICOM Soldier

Ya know in hindsight didn't someone from Square say they wanted to do an event specifically for FFXV?

10. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

Oh well.

I had my sights set on other franchises anyway. All this means is now I can focus my attention on those.

11. KOKAYI5

I think they did. Maybe that'll be then next private event in Jan 2015.
    Maybe they want to show it in such a way that shows the game off and won't draw attention away from other games.
    But it used to be that we were waiting for the 13s to end to get to 15. Now it seems like we're waiting for all their side games to release before we can see 15.

12. Takoyaki

Side games will keep coming. In hindsight, they will always produce such games, so that's not really an excuse to make us wait longer. I don't accept such a reason since the focus should be on the mainline title in the first place.

KOKAYI5 and Crystal Power like this.
  13. Crystal Power

Crystal Power ShinRa SOLDIER

Exactly! I refuse to allow that excuse anymore. The beginning it was "Oh, after Final Fantasy XIII release they will show Versus XII", and then "When XIII sequels release it will be time for Versus XIII" and oh "When Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remx/ Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD is out then they will show Versus XIII" and then "After Final Fantasy XIV we will hear more". The cycle won't end. If SE is is not showing FFXV so they can spotlight other releases then I'm sorry they need to stop making side games lol.

14. Takoyaki

Also, most of the time that its been shown was with other games alongside it. Its reveal, Jump Festa, Square Enix 2011 Event, E3 2013. Saying "it won't appear because they're focusing on X game." doesn't make sense given the history up to just last year. Its not showing because they're probably just not ready. Type-0 HD has nothing to do with it.

KOKAYI5 likes this.
  15. Slickyslacker

Slickyslacker Yevonite

Despite seemingly devastating staff departures, there are always so many employees working on the XV project. Remember that SE hasn't been division-based for several years, and have given themselves the freedom to allocate their workers as they please. The folks that have been, and are making Type-0 HD were probably shuffled around from X/X-2 HD, and the KH HD collections.

It's safe to say they have a plurality of people working on their highest priority, which at the moment is XV.

KOKAYI5 likes this.
  16. KOKAYI5

Yall are right. I have to agree.

Crystal Power likes this.
  17. Myrodis19

Myrodis19 PSICOM Soldier

So two questions. Sony does have their own conference at TGS right?

And even if Square does show something during it would that technically be mentioned on their lineup sheet, or would it be a sony thing?

I mean its just a theory, why make it a square thing when more people would watch the Sony conference. Square could make a bigger impact doing it like that.

18. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Sometimes it is better to do things on your home turf.

And personally, I wouldn't think too hard about this stuff. If FFXV shows up, it shows up. If it doesn't show up, it doesn't show up.

Just be patient. We only have a couple more weeks.

Takoyaki likes this.
  19. Takoyaki

You mentioned unannounced stage event in the Sakaguchi Interview thread. Is there stuff still not listed?

20. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

They already announced a bunch of stuff for all three days. http://www.jp.square-enix.com/tgs14/stage/

If there is anything not listed yet, we're probably not going to find out until it actually happens.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!