Square Enix TGS Line Up

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
What would be the point in not listing an already announced game in their official TGS show list if they intend to show it anyway?

Conversely, what would be the point in being so coy about it? At this point it smacks of utter contempt for their fans.

If FFXV is not showing up, then screw them. You can bring up Nomura or Hashimoto all they want to promise that they will be more forthcoming with info on the game, but they will still be overridden by a PR department that is probably deciding it isn't soon enough.

Heck, screw FFXV. There are other games to be excited for that aren't screwing us around.
In the end, they know despite all this hubbub and complaints that the majority are still "hyped" no matter how frustrated, they will still remain excited and I wish they didn't. But with the current situation they can just wait it out and do whatever they want with it as it would also draw attention to their booth in general whether its there or not.

Last edited:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Oh well.

I had my sights set on other franchises anyway. All this means is now I can focus my attention on those.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Ya know in hindsight didn't someone from Square say they wanted to do an event specifically for FFXV?
I think they did. Maybe that'll be then next private event in Jan 2015.
Maybe they want to show it in such a way that shows the game off and won't draw attention away from other games.
But it used to be that we were waiting for the 13s to end to get to 15. Now it seems like we're waiting for all their side games to release before we can see 15.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Side games will keep coming. In hindsight, they will always produce such games, so that's not really an excuse to make us wait longer. I don't accept such a reason since the focus should be on the mainline title in the first place.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Side games will keep coming. In hindsight, they will always produce such games, so that's not really an excuse to make us wait longer. I don't accept such a reason since the focus should be on the mainline title in the first place.
Exactly! I refuse to allow that excuse anymore. The beginning it was "Oh, after Final Fantasy XIII release they will show Versus XII", and then "When XIII sequels release it will be time for Versus XIII" and oh "When Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remx/ Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD is out then they will show Versus XIII" and then "After Final Fantasy XIV we will hear more". The cycle won't end. If SE is is not showing FFXV so they can spotlight other releases then I'm sorry they need to stop making side games lol.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Also, most of the time that its been shown was with other games alongside it. Its reveal, Jump Festa, Square Enix 2011 Event, E3 2013. Saying "it won't appear because they're focusing on X game." doesn't make sense given the history up to just last year. Its not showing because they're probably just not ready. Type-0 HD has nothing to do with it.

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
Despite seemingly devastating staff departures, there are always so many employees working on the XV project. Remember that SE hasn't been division-based for several years, and have given themselves the freedom to allocate their workers as they please. The folks that have been, and are making Type-0 HD were probably shuffled around from X/X-2 HD, and the KH HD collections.

It's safe to say they have a plurality of people working on their highest priority, which at the moment is XV.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
So two questions. Sony does have their own conference at TGS right?

And even if Square does show something during it would that technically be mentioned on their lineup sheet, or would it be a sony thing?

I mean its just a theory, why make it a square thing when more people would watch the Sony conference. Square could make a bigger impact doing it like that.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
So two questions. Sony does have their own conference at TGS right?

And even if Square does show something during it would that technically be mentioned on their lineup sheet, or would it be a sony thing?

I mean its just a theory, why make it a square thing when more people would watch the Sony conference. Square could make a bigger impact doing it like that.
Sometimes it is better to do things on your home turf.

And personally, I wouldn't think too hard about this stuff. If FFXV shows up, it shows up. If it doesn't show up, it doesn't show up.

Just be patient. We only have a couple more weeks.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Sometimes it is better to do things on your home turf.

And personally, I wouldn't think too hard about this stuff. If FFXV shows up, it shows up. If it doesn't show up, it doesn't show up.

Just be patient. We only have a couple more weeks.
You mentioned unannounced stage event in the Sakaguchi Interview thread. Is there stuff still not listed?

Sep 26, 2013
I don't see the following on that map.

Dragon Quest X Online
Final Fantasy VII G-Bike
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
Dragon Quest Heroes
Rise of Mana (PS Vita)
3594E
Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light
Gunslinger Stratos 2
Kai-ri-Sei Million Arthur

I think the map is showing playable titles.