1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Square Enix to reveal a new RPG in December (and it's not a remake)

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Nov 25, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Square Enix company president Yosuke Matsuda told Famitsu that Square Enix will reveal a new console RPG in December.
    Worth to keep noted is that the Game Awards 2014 will reveal game-related world premieres.
    The Playstation Experience (PSX) event will also have new game announcements.
    Keep your eyes peeled for those two events as well as Jump Festa 2015.

For more info on the Game Awards 2014, click this link: http://thegameawards.com/
    For more info on the Playstation Experience, click this link: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2014/playstation-experience/

The full article at Gematsu.
    Or click this link: http://gematsu.com/2014/11/square-enix-will-reveal-new-console-rpg-isnt-remake-december

Since it's not a remake, I think it's safe to leave out Final Fantasy XII HD as a choice. Technically it's a remaster but I'm sure Matsuda meant that in the Famitsu interview. I'm just going to hope that it's another Musashi game.

What do you guys think the new console RPG could be that Square Enix will reveal very soon?

Crystal Power likes this.
  2. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

Dragon Quest XI? Star Ocean V?
    Don't know but I hope to see a new IP. On the other side I'm happy about every console RPG that gets announced weather it's a new ip or not.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  3. Wazi the pa

So long its coming to the current gen consoles (PS4/X1), I'll be looking forward to it. I wouldn't mind another Star Ocean game!

Infest likes this.
  4. Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama ShinRa SOLDIER UFFSite Veteran

Final Fantasy XVI. Announced now. Slated for release in 2022.

5. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

New IP, please. Anything but yet another Final Fantasy.

Now to remind myself that I should keep my expectations low, because this is Square-Enix Japan we're dealing with here.

Hey, if they give poor Tri-Ace more work after Sega's Phantasy Star Nova, I wouldn't mind it either, though I'd much prefer a new Valkyrie Profile entry.

6. Crystal Power

Crystal Power ShinRa SOLDIER

I was just thinking, don't get excited, it will just be a mobile. Don't get excited, but it's Square I got a bit excited anyway and read the topic and he said it, he said "console RPG" I can't believe it "Console RPG", I'm so excited now! :)

I hope it's a new IP. ^_^

7. Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama ShinRa SOLDIER UFFSite Veteran

It'd be awesome if they made a new, full-blown Parasite Eve for home-consoles. (Action-RPG)

8. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

I think it's still too soon for something DQ XI related, hope I'm wrong, though :p Especially now that it's all but confirmed that they aim for consoles rather than portables/smartphones for XI.

I really don't know what this could be... Maybe a smaller scale title (think of something like Drakengard, The Last Remnant, Nier...), which could be nice, but I miss those days when Square would release massive games outside of the FF franchise.

Basically, I want another game with the work and talent of titles like Xenogears and Chrono Trigger. Actually a Chrono sequel could be amazing (and scary, this is current SE after all...), but unlikely.

It'd pretty sweet having a new and expansive IP, I'm tired of only FF, KH and DQ. Maybe this is what Ito has been working on (I still hope it's XVI, though), or this could be Toriyama and/or Kitase's new project, which I'd be pretty curious to see (and even excited, maybe) despite my total hate for the XIII games.

Nikolasvanitas likes this.
  9. Nikolasvanitas

Nikolasvanitas PSICOM Soldier

Please SE dont dissapoint us,I believe that fans will support a good console jrpg

10. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Hopefully something interesting. Maybe it's a new IP?

11. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

I'm going with Dragon Quest XI. Someone should run a prediction pool and have some fun with this...

12. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

I'd love to have a new Dragon Quest game, but a new IP would also be cool.
    Whatever it is, let it be a JRPG.

13. Wazi the pa

I think Sqaure's new RPG is more likely to be announced at the Game Awards 2014...... Geoff Keighley said in his recent Q&A stream that the event will have Japanese games. At this point, the Game Awards is the better candidate than the PSX. Regardless, keep watch on both of them.

14. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Dragon Quest XI. Nothing else makes sense.

15. Wazi the pa

Another Brave Fencer or Samurai Legend Musashi game. One can dream.

16. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

I really hope it's a new IP. A fresh and original JRPG.

But keep in mind it's Square Enix, so we should probably expect a console version of theatrythm or something like that.

17. Crystal Power

Crystal Power ShinRa SOLDIER

We need more RPG's for "home" consoles. I'm glad it's been announced for consoles but someone has mentioned that includes handhelds. I've had enough of mobile from Square Enix, and frankly handhelds as well. I hope this RPG is for PS4/WiiU/X1.

18. ChronoRiskbreaker

ChronoRiskbreaker PSICOM Soldier

Possibly. I remember reading a site, where it says Yuji Hori has decided that if he'll make the sequel, it'll be console-based, just like DQ8.

But what I really want is a sequel of one of the various RPG franchises they developed in the past 10 years. Anything is good, as long as it's being headed by a great director. Luminous Engine too.

19. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

Here's hoping for a New IP.

20. Wazi the pa

According to Geoff Keighley in his recent Q&A of the Game Awards 2014, he mentions that Tetsuya Nomura will be attending the event when it takes place.

I've also heard that Shinji Hashimoto will be attending the event alongside with Nomura.

You think they're there for the fun of it or is the event hiding a secret?

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!