1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Square Enix to reveal a new RPG in December (and it's not a remake)

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Nov 25, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Nope. He works in the game industry so it only makes sense to give him an invite. Not much different then a celebrity, who is not presenting or nominated, getting an invite to an awards show.

Personally, I think it’s all marketing. The more big names you can draw in, the more people will be interested in the show and actually tune in. Just by simply mentioning his name, you already have captured the interest of some Nomura fans.

It just means more money.

2. Kaii

Kaii Red Wings Commander Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

I'm starting to appreciate your cynical, capitalist take on things :p. It keeps from being like "Oh, Nomura! That's a big deal and I should be freaking out!"

3. Squirrel Emperor

Well, the VGA's Geoff put together in the past on Spike have been nothing but hot garbage. They were pretty embarrassing and insulting. Initially, the only logical thing I could come up with on why Nomura would bother to attend such an event was for marketing purposes. They desperately need big named guys like him to show up in order to get people to tune in and give somewhat of a damn.

With his recent appearance at this Kingdom Hearts II 2.5 North American launch event however, I'm going to assume he's attending the Game Awards because he's in the area and it starts in a couple of days. So why not relax, have a little bit a fun and catch up with some industry buddies like Kojima? He'll probably attend the PlayStation event too as that happens this week as well.

I don't think he'll show anything at the Game Awards. I'll be impressed if something does happen though as these award shows are a pretty big joke. Perhaps the tides will turn this time? Haha! Yeah... I say that every year and they've only regressed.

4. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

That's what they want you think. They make you think outside of the box when in fact......... The true answer is inside the box the whole time...... If you know what I mean. :chocowalk:
    Nomura revealed never before seen footage and info of Kingdom Hearts III during the NA KH 2.5 event! They will release that info and footage to the public and very soon I think.

It can't be a coincidence! I BELIEVE!

5. ChronoRiskbreaker

ChronoRiskbreaker PSICOM Soldier

Kingdom Hearts 3 perhaps?

6. Squirrel Emperor

I don't really see much of anything to dig too deep and think about but hey! If you want to crash and burn then by all means!

7. Wazi the pa

I've experienced and survived something like this in the past (Rambo impression). I'm willing to go all in for this one. This is Kingdom Hearts we're talking here.

I'll see you on the other side.

8. Squirrel Emperor

If we're talking about Japanese studios, then this is my guess. If we are talking about western studios, then I'm guessing Deus Ex.

9. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

Wait, do we not actually know whether this will be a Japanese side project or an Eidos production?

Deus Ex seems inevitable - no one is pretending the next entry doesn't exist, and Eidos Montreal have just revealed their Dawn Engine - but if that turns out to be the announcement, I'm not sure why Matsuda would bother to tease Famitsu magazine and its readership. It's not like the franchise commands that much commercial success in Japan, and when you use a term like "RPG-type" to a leading Japanese gaming magazine with the readership it enjoys, Deus Ex's gameplay design does not exactly come to mind.

This bit drew my attention:

This could be hinting at our new game announcement this month being a new IP, though I suspect he was going on about the current process of hiring new staff and talent to forge the new winning IPs of tomorrow.

10. Squirrel Emperor

After reading the article on Siliconera...

I think by “blockbuster” they’re just referring to the next big hit that could come from, “triple-A titles to indie games, arcades, PC, browser, smartphone, and games on the cloud.”

Also, there doesn't seem to be anything about this being either a Japanese RPG or Western RPG too.

If this RPG is a new IP for consoles, I'll be shocked really. The new plan for their Japanese studios suggest they're not really going to make anything new but play it safe with proven IPs. It also implies that they're decreasing the amount of big budget console titles they make too.

Then again... It could be Parasite Eve

11. Crystal Power

Crystal Power ShinRa SOLDIER

I would love this, but I'm doubting it will happen for now.

12. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

Obviously it's FFVII PS4! They said it wouldn't be a remake and it's not! It's a port!

:kefkalol:

13. Crystal Power

It all makes sense now!

LeonBlade likes this.
  14. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  15. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

That's why I don't bother with NeoGAF, all the pointless spoilery speculation is it a hint or is it not can't say LEL.

Crystal Power likes this.
  16. Crystal Power

Yea, Speculation can be fun but I get tired of the "A hint or are they just teasing"?

Anyway if it's on handheld consoles my interest just dropped a bit, nothing wrong with it but was just hoping for a bigger experience...

LeonBlade likes this.
  17. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

So it's going to end up being Theaterythmn: Dragon Quest is the game they were hinting at, right?

Square has made it clear in last few financial reports that 3DS games are considered a "console release".

Kaii likes this.
  18. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

but that game isnt a rpg

19. Wazi the pa

But have they confirmed to us that this is the RPG console game they were talking about?

20. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

It was clearly stated as "a new RPG for consoles", of which Theatrhythm is not.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!