Square/SE hates Rinoa(?)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Would you like to see a HD Rinoa?

• Yes.

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
It has boggled me for many years... I am on of those rare seeds that loves FFVIII beyond anything else, preferring a VIII remake or the FFVIIR.

But I wonder why Rinoa has never gotten any proper HD love? Sure there was the VIII PS2 technical demo like a decade ago... but there was never any proper implementation, not even till this day. Even though Squall and other VIII characters got love from KH and Dissidia. Rinoa, seems to get ignored.

Is it just me?

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I don't think VIII has been singled out. It got the same slightly updated steam version that VII and IX got.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
It has boggled me for many years... I am on of those rare seeds that loves FFVIII beyond anything else, preferring a VIII remake or the FFVIIR.

But I wonder why Rinoa has never gotten any proper HD love? Sure there was the VIII PS2 technical demo like a decade ago... but there was never any proper implementation, not even till this day. Even though Squall and other VIII characters got love from KH and Dissidia. Rinoa, seems to get ignored.

Is it just me?
This game's story was about a script rewrite or two from being a pinnacle of the genre. Don't think the battle system held up through the years.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
I don't think VIII has been singled out. It got the same slightly updated steam version that VII and IX got.
I'm not talking about the game. I'm talking about Rinoa as a character. A lot of popular FF characters have been reborn through various other titles. And when you talk about popular VIII characters, Squall and Rinoa are on the title art. Yet, for some reason, Squall gets a lot of makeovers, but Rinoa hasn't gotten a single one yet. That's the strange thing.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I'm not talking about the game. I'm talking about Rinoa as a character. A lot of popular FF characters have been reborn through various other titles. And when you talk about popular VIII characters, Squall and Rinoa are on the title art. Yet, for some reason, Squall gets a lot of makeovers, but Rinoa hasn't gotten a single one yet. That's the strange thing.
Oh, I getcha.

My guess there is it's because she doesn't have anything special to bring out. Her role is more of a love interest/damsel in distress than hero, and Squall has a sword with a gun on it.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
Oh, I getcha.

My guess there is it's because she doesn't have anything special to bring out. Her role is more of a love interest/damsel in distress than hero, and Squall has a sword with a gun on it.
Rinoa shoots boomerangs and dogs; is a sorceress with wings. How many characters in FF can top that :p

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016

Is it just me?
Nope I`m a fan of FFVIII as well. It has the best story ever made.

Leopold_Bloom

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
It's noticeable as both Selphie (KH) and Quistis (WoFF) get cameos in other games, yet the heroine is overlooked. She is alluded to in KH by Leon, though, iirc.

Dagger gets similar treatment. As does Ashe, as far as I know.

The casts of VII and X have been pimped out. Other than that it's really just select characters such as Squall who get preferential treatment.