Tabata is a liar!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016
Someone posted this and he is right, Tabata took over and lied to us

hello people! well i was looking for old interviews for ffVSXIII and see from 2 sides of nomura and tabata and oh my god isnt it a good find ?

look at this : tabata lies in its finest lol

If you are interested, please take the time to read, it is a very entertaining read.

1st lie
Tabata 2014 in interview after the announcemnt of Nomuras removal from the project
i joined the project in July 2012, Wada personally asked me and the Type-0 team to help out on the Versus XIII project.

Nomura in interview after E3 2013
The reason why we brought Tabata-san into the team is because he always said to me that he wanted to join the Final Fantasy XV project. I asked him in the team.

2nd lie
Tabata, continuation of his above statement
They also decided at that point to change platforms and rename the game to FFXV, changing the direction of the project.

Versus 13's renaming to 15 is a surprise in part because, over the past half-decade or so, Nomura mentioned once or twice in interviews that the game's story and content was possible precisely because this wasn't an "official," i.e. Roman-numeraled, Final Fantasy. However, Nomura doesn't see this as a problem. "When we started talking about the shift to FF15," he said, "we discussed with the company about whether it was really okay considering we had action-based battles and all these other things we tried to do because it wasn't a numbered title. That was not a problem for them, so our direction hasn't changed.

3rd lie
Tabata 2014 in interview after the announcemnt of Nomuras removal from the project
After we had switched from Versus to XV, the first decision we made was to make sure that FFXV would have a complete, coherent story in one game.

"Although the game has changed it’s name and platform, the story is still entirely the same. The story and characters will not change from their current versions. However, as the 'A World of the Versus Epic' hints at in the end of the trailer, FF15 ends with a climax, but we plan to continue the story. That's something we have in mind as we complete the game."

And then the lies continue to pile up in an attempt to make it look like he was always the director after the rename.

"We are making this for the gamers who have been waiting since the game was Final Fantasy Versus XIII," Tabata said. "But, this is not the exact same game. The director is different, and the platform was switched to the current gen. "

“I wanted to make sure that characters, like Noctis, that are so important to Nomura, are maintained in the best possible way.” Though, it won’t be completely the same game as Final Fantasy Versus XIII because the new-generation hardware allows them to do more than before.

and the lies just continue ....sad

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016
part 2 : look at this

And then the lies continue to pile up in an attempt to make it look like he was always the director after the rename.

"We are making this for the gamers who have been waiting since the game was Final Fantasy Versus XIII," Tabata said. "But, this is not the exact same game. The director is different, and the platform was switched to the current gen. "

“I wanted to make sure that characters, like Noctis, that are so important to Nomura, are maintained in the best possible way.” Though, it won’t be completely the same game as Final Fantasy Versus XIII because the new-generation hardware allows them to do more than before.

More than before, like cutting character switching? lets see what nomura was saying after E3 regarding character switching and the limitations of the console.

We thought about getting rid of UI, throwing away the damage point display system of previous games, and making Noctis the only playable character. But if we were to do this we would risk making Final Fantasy ‘just another action game.’ There was a big concern that we not forget that this is a Final Fantasy game.
In Final Fantasy XV you will be able to control three different characters while fighting. In addition to your main party characters, we’re also implementing control over other characters you encounter.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I really don't see where these "lies" are coming from. For a time period Tabata did work on the project along side Nomura before Tabata had completely taken over. Nomura did want to do x,y,z...but for various reasons those ideas never turned into a completed form. While character switching got removed as a plan some time back, each of the characters will eventually still be controllable in their own story focused aspects. Keep in mind, there is a difference between criticism and out right slander.

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016
I really don't see where these "lies" are coming from. For a time period Tabata did work on the project along side Nomura before Tabata had completely taken over. Nomura did want to do x,y,z...but for various reasons those ideas never turned into a completed form. While character switching got removed as a plan some time back, each of the characters will eventually still be controllable in their own story focused aspects. Keep in mind, there is a difference between criticism and out right slander.
Just admit that tabata took over and changed all, for the versus fans my ass

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Just admit that tabata took over and changed all, for the versus fans my ass
You do understand this forum has an ignore feature that I can use correct? I do not mind engaging with the opposition, but understand that the stance either of us takes is not completely just.

Your slander is not helping your position. If Tabata really did change all, then why are the same 4 characters present in FFXV? Why is the game still an ARPG? Why did the invasion still take place? Why was the world still able to be explored with the Regalia?

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
It seems like you're reading way too much into things and failing to consider obvious explanations for discrepancies.

Point 1: Both Tabata and Nomura's statements about Tabata joining the team could be true in the following situation: Tabata expressed interest in the Versus XIII project, so when Wada tells Nomura he can finally have a team, Nomura asks for Tabata and the Type-0 team, after which Wada asks Tabata to take his team and join Nomura on Versus XIII. No need for anyone to be lying, just different people talking about the same situation from different perspectives (especially since Nomura probably wouldn't have the authority to poach staff from other divisions =P ).

Point 2: Nomura's statement about things not having changed between Versus XIII and proto-XV can't possibly be intended to imply that nothing changed, because there were clear and obvious content changes that appeared in the 2011 and 2013 trailers. Tabata is wrong about the naming change happening in 2012, for the record, (Nomura said "around two years ago," which would have been 2011), but that could just be the result of him not actually knowing that the project had changed until he started working on it.

In any case, 2011 changed things significantly from the 2010 prototype in terms of content. The 2010 prototype had geysers of red blood when Noct hit the Behemoth he was fighting; 2011 had puffs of purple blood when Noct hit the proto-daemons and none when he hit humanoid enemies. Presumably, the reason why Nomura said nothing would change is because all necessary changes to content had already been made the last time the game had been shown and no one seemed to care back then.

It's also worth pointing out that switching to next-gen consoles in and of itself is a pretty big change in direction. =P

Point 3: Tabata talking about what happened "after we had switched from Versus to XV" seems to be more of a miscommunication than an actual lie. He's clearly talking about what happened after he took over, not what happened when the project changed names under Nomura's direction. (He wasn't even there yet when that happened, apparently. =P )

Point 4: Game design changes are inevitable in every product. What's more important is that Tabata continued to act according to the spirit of Nomura's design goals and create systems that would feel like a FF game instead of an action game, regardless of differences in implementation (four characters versus three, Noct as permanent player character with party commands rather than switching direct control between three characters, etc.). And honestly, I don't think there's any real argument that the last-gen version had more onerous restrictions than the version we ended up getting -- I suspect that part of the reason for the changeover was because Nomura had been hitting a hard block with some of the features he'd wanted to implement (like warping + open world).

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I have a list too

1. Said main game was 50 hours without the side content
2.Game Would Release September 30th
3. Kingsglaive and brotherhood are optional viewing and not necessary to understand the story. (yet afterwords we has to put kingsglaives scenes in the game)
4.game is about bonds between father and son(its more about the brotherhood)
5.DLC is not cut Content.
6.Lied about Altissia Size
7.Said there would be plenty of big towns.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
supposed "lies" by tabata^

managed to release his game, with great critical and commercial results and you can play it

lies told by nomura during 7 years

game will be dark and tragic, its amazing you'll cry every 15 minutes!
imsomnia will be explorable
stella will fight noctis and she'll stand out as a female character
you'll be able to change party members in real-time!
will be released for PS3, exclusive (rofl)
the game is coming along well (not even reached full development yet)
please be excited for the next time we'll be able to share info!

it never released, but hey, at least he did some average KH spin-offs along the way!
and you can make up fanfics to imagine how it would be if you want!

(if you guys want to be it over the top, so can i)

Last edited:

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016
supposed "lies" by tabata^

managed to release his game, with great critical and commercial results and you can play it

lies told by nomura during 7 years

game will be dark and tragic, its amazing you'll cry every 15 minutes!
imsomnia will be explorable
stella will fight noctis and she'll stand out as a female character
you'll be able to change party members in real-time!
will be released for PS3, exclusive (rofl)
the game is coming along well (not even reached full development yet)
please be excited for the next time we'll be able to share info!

it never released, but hey, at least he did some average KH spin-offs along the way!
and you can make up fanfics to imagine how it would be if you want!

(if you guys want to be it over the top, so can i)
You realise that they take down his project right? He put his heart into it. But they wanted to do mobile games and one coherent story. I am sure that if could do what he wanted he would have done a masterpiece.

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
I know my upcoming statement is off topic, and I know it's rude and unnecessary, but so is your thread and subsequent comments. So I feel justified.

Here it is: The very fact that you have 80 comments and only 10 likes says something about you and how you're perceived on this forum.

Edit: We have the same amount of messages...

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016
I know my upcoming statement is off topic, and I know it's rude and unnecessary, but so is your thread and subsequent comments. So I feel justified.

Here it is: The very fact that you have 80 comments and only 10 likes says something about you and how you're perceived on this forum.

Edit: We have the same amount of messages...
here ya go you get another fake like from me^^

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016
Nomura was pouring his heart on it and tabata took it and try hard to make it his own yet numoras battle system was far more fluid and you can control characters but tabata changed it and lies to convince everyone to see its the same battle system

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016
Another interesting fact that proves how bad the script was changed over and over again. And he thinks we are totally stupid.

Tabata basically said Luna and Noctis don't communicate by phones because they promised to use the book when they were young

There is an invasion people dying everywhere, and they just can`t use a mobile phone to call each other lol.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
>This topic
>This user

The irony in this statement is amusing.

Apparently to some subset of the fandom, "lie" is synonymous with "didn't fit my head canon so I'll post walls of invectives on message boards."
Thats basically Versus XIII fanboys in a nutshell. Why else would they be convinced of a Versus XV rumor fulfilling their imaginations?

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
You realise that they take down his project right? He put his heart into it. But they wanted to do mobile games and one coherent story. I am sure that if could do what he wanted he would have done a masterpiece.
tabata also put his heart into the project (giving the stakes who wouldn't), and im sure if he had more time it would be a masterpiece.

unfortunately, deadlines don't care about emotions

Status
Not open for further replies.