Tabata is a liar!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Another interesting fact that proves how bad the script was changed over and over again. And he thinks we are totally stupid.

Tabata basically said Luna and Noctis don't communicate by phones because they promised to use the book when they were young

There is an invasion people dying everywhere, and they just can`t use a mobile phone to call each other lol.
...did you even pay attention to the official translation? The English ATR made it clear that cellphones were an Insomnia thing and didn't exist outside of Lucis, so Luna wouldn't have had a phone in the first place.

Using incomplete fan translations to criticize Tabata while ignoring the official translation isn't a good look.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
...did you even pay attention to the official translation? The English ATR made it clear that cellphones were an Insomnia thing and didn't exist outside of Lucis, so Luna wouldn't have had a phone in the first place.

Using incomplete fan translations to criticize Tabata while ignoring the official translation isn't a good look.
Did you? OP obviously has translated Tabata's lies to the truth since OP understands the language of lying being a massive liar himself.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I have a list too

1. Said main game was 50 hours without the side content
2.Game Would Release September 30th
3. Kingsglaive and brotherhood are optional viewing and not necessary to understand the story. (yet afterwords we has to put kingsglaives scenes in the game)
4.game is about bonds between father and son(its more about the brotherhood)
5.DLC is not cut Content.
6.Lied about Altissia Size
7.Said there would be plenty of big towns.
supposed "lies" by tabata^

managed to release his game, with great critical and commercial results and you can play it

lies told by nomura during 7 years

game will be dark and tragic, its amazing you'll cry every 15 minutes!
imsomnia will be explorable
stella will fight noctis and she'll stand out as a female character
you'll be able to change party members in real-time!
will be released for PS3, exclusive (rofl)
the game is coming along well (not even reached full development yet)
please be excited for the next time we'll be able to share info!

it never released, but hey, at least he did some average KH spin-offs along the way!
and you can make up fanfics to imagine how it would be if you want!

(if you guys want to be it over the top, so can i)
Those are not supposed lies, they are actual lies. And im not comparing him to Nomura at all. Yes I know Tabata got the game out and Nomura did not dosent excuse Tabata saying things that are not true, and lying to the people looking forward to the game. I mean some of thoese things he said got me hyped only to find out most of the things he was saying was bullshit. People are saying I overhyped myself while I did to a certain extend Tabata was at fault as well for not even keeping his words on some simple things like how long the game would be or saying the story would be self contained and it wouldnt have cut content regulated for DLC or you not having to watch Kingsglavie or Brotherhood, or how big the world would be like the devs saying Altissia was so big originally or there would be many towns in the game.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Those are not supposed lies, they are actual lies. And im not comparing him to Nomura at all. Yes I know Tabata got the game out and Nomura did not dosent excuse Tabata saying things that are not true, and lying to the people looking forward to the game. I mean some of thoese things he said got me hyped only to find out most of the things he was saying was bullshit.
i don't know, when you call those "lies" it implies he intentionally wanted to mislead his public, that may be true, but you can't rule out of the equation the sudden changes that can happen in development due to many reasons (some of them even outside of the director's control); the kingsglave example is such a poor "lie" because he wasn't the director of the movie and he probably didn't had an idea of how much important the movie would be before seeing it (which is his fault, but not necessarily a lie).

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
i don't know, when you call those "lies" it implies he intentionally wanted to mislead his public, that may be true, but you can't rule out of the equation the sudden changes that can happen in development due to many reasons (some of them even outside of the director's control).
Still he shouldnt have promised or said such things in the first place if he was unsure about them or have said he was unsure about them. He said some things as if they were fact.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Still he shouldnt have promised or said such things in the first place if he was unsure about them or have said he was unsure about them. He said some things as if they were fact.
that i may agree, but even then i wouldn't refer to them as lies.

90% of what he talked about the game is accurate.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I'm not sure how you're one to talk about liars considering the false information you were spreading last year around Gamescom days from your "inside source" concerning content relating to Leviathan and double jumping. Pot meet kettle.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
I'm not sure how you're one to talk about liars considering the false information you were spreading last year around Gamescom days from your "inside source" concerning content relating to Leviathan and double jumping. Pot meet kettle.
Also remember that? "Ifrit is mid-game boss" (c) Ilazy, even tho Tabata said that Isomnia is battlefield very close to an end of the game, and Ifrit is literally sitting in the middle of the city.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Someone from my final fantasy discord group said that he went to gamescom and played it. He was answering questions for like a hour. Everyone in there belived him. He was a long time user in that group and he I didn't take him as a person who who lie like that especially since he went so in depth on his answers. It's my bad for posting that in here. But even if I did that Dosent mean I can't criticize tabata. It's a totally different situation he's the one making the game.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Also remember that? "Ifrit is mid-game boss" (c) Ilazy, even tho Tabata said that Isomnia is battlefield very close to an end of the game, and Ifrit is literally sitting in the middle of the city.
That was from a German article from press that interviewed tabata, seems it was miscommunication or a bad translation. Or tabata actually said that and it wasent true.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
With all this fighting, sometimes I just wish that Final Fantasy Versus XIII(or Part 1 of Versus XIII) came out alongside Kingdom Hearts 3, then after that let Nomura work on FF7 Remake Part 1, and Final Fantasy Versus XIII-2, so on and so forth.

Then let Tabata direct his own Final Fantasy XV maybe based on Agni's Philosophy that would have been great, no one gets blueballs, no one wanting the original Versus as it would have been there. No more ruined vision claims, just closure. I still want that Versus though, if a Versus XV does happen with all the stuff in the 2011-2013 trailers I'll be ecstatic, if it comes to Steam day one I will

Upgrade my rig around the games needs(I have a rough map out for FFXV, I want to play that game at Ultrawide resolution not 900p/24-30FPS with bad framepacing issues, same with a Versus XV that would probably run like shite on the PS4, don't even get me started on the Xbox One, Nintendo Switch(heh heh as if it could run the game as is)

Last edited:

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
What I posted back then shouldve been seen as rumour either way especially since I didnt provide any sources. Meanwhile Tabata said this stuff and hes the director holding what he says to a more serious degree. Also that aside me posting whatever I did, dosent mean i'm exempt from criticizing Tabata. That is retarded logic Im sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.