Tales of Hearts R defeats FF Type 0 as the most requested JRPG for Vita.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nikolasvanitas

Chocobo Knight
Sep 27, 2013
Greece
www.youtube.com
Wow I never thought people would be more interested in a Tales game than a Final Fantasy,especially Type-0(anyone remember the glorious days of FF Versus 13,FF Agito 13 and Fabula Nova Crystallis? :()
Anyway I am glad to see Tales fans get one more title for the Vita,the gameplay looks really good;)

Sep 26, 2013
Look at it this way. PSVita is a failure right now. Selling very poorly. Hell, it only did around 10-11K in NA last month. If Sony is desperate in reviving the thing, they’ll get Type-0. They will also have to help Square Enix bring it over. They don’t have a choice as Square Enix sees no reason to really support the thing.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Yeah, it was known last year that Tales beat out Type-0, but the demand for it is still obviously massively strong. I think it'll happen eventually. Good on them for working hard to get what the fans are asking for, even on a failing system.

TRI Mike

ShinRa SOLDIER
It's probably because FF fans already know Square isn't interested in bringing over Type-0 so they just stopped requesting it. Even that dude from Operation whatever-its-name-was stopped tweeting and making "official" petitions a long time ago. At this point I honestly don't think the game will come. Tales on the other hand has been seeing a massive wave of localizations lately with Graces f, Xillia, Symphonia Chronicles, Abyss 3DS, Xillia 2, Hearts R and Zestiria.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
I love Tales! But I love Final Fantasy WAY MORE!!! I'm happy Hearts R is getting localized but now I'm disappointed to know it was TYPE-0 that could have be localized. I would have preferred Final Fantasy TYPE-0 tbh...

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I love Tales! But I love Final Fantasy WAY MORE!!! I'm happy Hearts R is getting localized but now I'm disappointed to know it was TYPE-0 that could have be localized. I would have preferred Final Fantasy TYPE-0 tbh...
They'll still work to localise the other games called for in the #JRPGVita campaign. They're not just doing the winner. Whether they'll be able to get Type-0 is another matter - it ultimately lies with Square, and I'm sure these guys will do and offer what they can to help.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
They'll still work to localise the other games called for in the #JRPGVita campaign. They're not just doing the winner. Whether they'll be able to get Type-0 is another matter - it ultimately lies with Square, and I'm sure these guys will do and offer what they can to help.
I certainly hope Square allows them to work on TYPE-0, its not like Square is trying to localize the game. Which honestly is a big surprise, did they think Final Fantasy is not strong in the west anymore, smh.

Sep 26, 2013
I certainly hope Square allows them to work on TYPE-0, its not like Square is trying to localize the game. Which honestly is a big surprise, did they think Final Fantasy is not strong in the west anymore, smh.
Not that at all.

PSP is dead in the west and PSVita needs more market share. That’s why it hasn’t come out yet. The fear is that Square Enix thinks it won’t sell.

Sure, Final Fantasy is a strong brand. Know what else is a strong brand? Mario. But look at how Super Mario 3D World is selling right now on the Wii U. It has only done a couple million so far but a new platformer entry should be doing a lot more then that. It's not just Mario but other Wii U games are not putting up very big numbers as well. Part of this is because the Wii U itself is not appealing. Same can be said about PSVita. It's not an appealing device. If the hardware isn't appealing, it's going to have an effect on software sales. Powerful IP or not.

But it’s not like Square Enix hasn’t been doing anything. They have been working on localizing it. It has just been very slow.

It also doesn't really matter how PSVita is performing right now if Sony gets involved and offers some amazing incentives Square Enix can't say no to.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Not that at all.PSP is dead in the west and PSVita needs more market share. That’s why it hasn’t come out yet. The fear is that Square Enix thinks it won’t sell.Sure, Final Fantasy is a strong brand. Know what else is a strong brand? Mario. But look at how Super Mario 3D World is selling right now on the Wii U.
I heard this before, but then it baffles me The 3rd Birthday had warrant a localization? I'm quite happy it was but why would it get a chance and not a Final Fantasy title? PSVita is doing even worse than the PSP yet it's still getting support to get Hearts R localized. Maybe I'm an idiot but it makes no sense, Not to mention FF I, II, III, IV, Dissidia, 012, and Crisis Core were localized. Did people start to destroy their PSP's after those localization making Square believe after a ton of games made it over TYPE-0 didn't have a chance? Honest questions because I just don't understand businesses...

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I heard this before, but then it baffles me The 3rd Birthday had warrant a localization? I'm quite happy it was but why would it get a chance and not a Final Fantasy title? PSVita is doing even worse than the PSP yet it's still getting support to get Hearts R localized. Maybe I'm an idiot but it makes no sense, Not to mention FF I, II, III, IV, Dissidia, 012, and Crisis Core were localized. Did people start to destroy their PSP's after those localization making Square believe after a ton of games made it over TYPE-0 didn't have a chance? Honest questions because I just don't understand businesses...
More to do with the fact that people pirated the hell out of games on the PSP, and I think by the time they'd released those other games, they didn't feel it was worth it to go through with localising such a text-heavy game (Type-0), only for tons of people to pirate it. They lost a lot of money in the West even on games like Dissidia and Crisis Core from pirates.

In Japan, though, games sell on PSP really well, comparatively.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Sorry, I still don't understand. It took them like eight games then they stop due to pirating. Well, I wish they would have gave Final Fantasy TYPE-0 a chance like the other tons of games of PSP games localized. Not to mention smaller niche companies translated games. BUT, I will be happy we did get what we did. Maybe an HD remaster on home consoles will be made like people hoped, then it will have a better chance...

Whishful hoping.

Nikolasvanitas

Chocobo Knight
Sep 27, 2013
Greece
www.youtube.com
Sorry, I still don't understand. It took them like eight games then they stop due to pirating. Well, I wish they would have gave Final Fantasy TYPE-0 a chance like the other tons of games of PSP games localized. Not to mention smaller niche companies translated games. BUT, I will be happy we did get what we did. Maybe an HD remaster on home consoles will be made like people hoped, then it will have a better chance...

Whishful hoping.
You are not the only one,I wish SE would hear us

Sep 26, 2013
PSP wasn’t exactly dead when some of those other titles you listed came out. Software sales start to decline towards the end of a platform’s life and you started to see that with a couple of those titles.

Maybe an HD remaster on home consoles will be made like people hoped, then it will have a better chance...
From my understanding, Sony apparently has some rule in place where HD Remasters on the PS3 can’t be sold as standalone titles in the west. They need to be bundled together. It’s why FFX and FFX-2 are together. You can blame Sony for this one otherwise it probably would have happened. Guaranteed stronger sales.