Tales of Zestiria

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
A lot of Tales games coming to the North America. Hearts R is set for winter. Xillia 2 for August. And lastly, Zestiria is confirmed for an international release.

Anyone been following the new info? Here's some of the ideas put into this chapter in the Tales series:
-- Fusion between spirits and humans to create elemental super forms
-- a story more of a callback to the early Tales days with a setting and cultures like the first few Tales games (Destiny, Eternia)
-- the return of the Graces style battle system with new improvements.
-- A war between kingdoms, monks trying to rid the world of impure emotions which have created monster
http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/

Anyone hyped for this game? I know I am.

May 26, 2014
Yeah, I've been following this since it was announced. I was pretty excited for the "straight up fantasy" direction they were supposedly taking with this game (since the other Tales games were more sci-fi-esque, or at least sort of "magic tech"). So I've gotta say, not pleased with their decision to include guns or some of the modern looking character designs. That's just me though.

KOKAYI5 said:
-- the return of the Graces style battle system with new improvements.
Still looking forward to this though. Graces was the best!

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I've been following some of the info, mainly the characters and to see the style of the game overall. I'm not too excited for it, I was mildly disappointed with Xillia and this one doesn't seem all that different.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I think it's gonna be a great game. I wish they found a way to have Graces' battle style but still be able to jump. But it looks like you can't. Also it looks like like Xillia this will be a game best played alone or maybe with one other player. But overall I'm on board. It's sounding good so far, just wanna hear about the group of foes that lead the world-ending problem now. Xillia and Abyss had great villains and I think this game can be more of that.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
This looks interesting. Do you all know what the story tone is? I was hopeing for a bit of a darker story. I want something akin to Vesparia's story. It has that certain darkness.

Also i wonder if the spirit people or what not can interact with the humans. Idk seems as if it might get boring them only being able to interact with the few specified humans int he party.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
This looks interesting. Do you all know what the story tone is? I was hopeing for a bit of a darker story. I want something akin to Vesparia's story. It has that certain darkness.

Also i wonder if the spirit people or what not can interact with the humans. Idk seems as if it might get boring them only being able to interact with the few specified humans int he party.
The story as I hear is that some people want to manipulate the monks to get the advantage in the war happening. But the monks want to just get rid of the monsters people produce with impure thoughts (like greed and hate). I'm not sure if that story is to your tastes, but most of the people who read of it think it's true to the old days of Tales games. I've not been able to play the old ones except Phantasia so I'm no expert. As for the interaction, so far only the lead can interact with the spirit members of the party. But trailers suggest the lead female may be able to later on. At very least all the party members can talk with each other, but the common people or those not spiritual/magical can't.