Tetsuya Nomura no Longer Directing Final Fantasy XV

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
That quote is sounding a lot like "forced off the project" and even more like a recipe for leaving the company. Oo-er.
Yeah... Otherwise he probably would have no real problem talking about it.

What's strange to me is that the Osaka team was built to create Kingdom Hearts without Nomura's heavy involvement and they've shown that they can do that. So I don't understand really why they desperately need Nomura on Kingdom Hearts III. Does he have some sort of contractual obligation to the series or something?

Didn't Kagari say one Neogaf that Nomura isn't director for negative reasons. Has there been an update on that from her?
Well... If Kagari isn't saying anything then it's probably something you don't really want to hear! ;)

Sep 26, 2013
That makes me more curious though, Haha!!
Ah! You're the curious type!

I'm curious about things too!

Are you by chance the type where you don't want to see something with your own eyes but your curiosity gets the best of you? And then after you see that thing with your own eyes, you really wish you didn't see it?

I'm unfortunately like that! :(

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Ah! You're the curious type!

I'm curious about things too!

Are you by chance the type where you don't want to see something with your own eyes but your curiosity gets the best of you? And then after you see that thing with your own eyes, you really wish you didn't see it?

I'm unfortunately like that! :(
Yep! Sometimes I can fight off the curiosity (Like if it's gore or disturbing because I actually don't want to see that). But others times I would really like to know everything and the truth. Even when in the end I wish I hadn't.

Sep 26, 2013
Yep! Sometimes I can fight off the curiosity (Like if it's gore or disturbing because I actually don't want to see that). But others times I would really like to know everything and the truth. Even when in the end I wish I hadn't.
I think a lot of people do!

But perhaps you should play the game first before learning about the truth! :)

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Square Managment Probably Forced him to do things thire way and he didnt want to have It so he left to Kh3 and now the Pr is making stuff up like it didnt happen. Really Square's upper managment is disgusting if this is true.

Sep 26, 2013
This was from the Famitsu interview.

Famitsu: We want to get our hands on it ASAP! Now, we’d like to ask about your work outside KH3. You said previously that various jobs have fallen into your lap.

Nomura: I do have many projects other than KH3. For some reason, with this timing, I have received many offers from both inside and outside the company, and I will be responding to those first. There are things that were given to me individually, and there are many things related to games, things outside games, and things that are yet to be announced. The closest thing is that at in October I am going to Comic Con which is being held in New York. While I have been given those jobs, I do intend to keep moving my own projects forward.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Sounds like he's keeping his options open but is committed. I wonder what some of those projects are within the company. Maybe Dissidia/TWEWY?

The thing to take away is... he's still at the Shinjuku office and it sounds like he's mostly just supervising KH3 from the interview...

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Nice to see that Nomura is still doing well.
I have received many offers from both inside and outside the company
Sounds like he's keeping his options open but is committed. I wonder what some of those projects are within the company. Maybe Dissidia/TWEWY?

The thing to take away is... he's still at the Shinjuku office and it sounds like he's mostly just supervising KH3 from the interview...
Well... that IS the role of a director, to oversee the project and make sure things are going according to plan. He's obviously is doing work with the project, but it's not like he has to put in as much work as a programmer would.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Well... that IS the role of a director, to oversee the project and make sure things are going according to plan. He's obviously is doing work with the project, but it's not like he has to put in as much work as a programmer would.
Aye that's true. I was under the assumption he just got moved down to Osaka.

Also, it's funny Nomura uses Sora "OK" LINE sticker.