The Amazing World of FINAL FANTASY XV

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
So far we know able about 4 city-states (Niflheim, Solheim, Tenebrae, and Accordo).

But do you think there will be more? Do you think we'll be able to travel all over the entire globe?
Maybe in the far corner of the world there are still crystals. Or maybe the crystals they thought were lost were actually corrupted into dark crystals and are stuck in another country.

Personally I want some African, South American, or Australian style areas and nations. I know characters aren't gonna be added to the cast at this point, but it'd be nice if they at least existed. As it stands right now, the whole world looks like Europe and Asia. And if it's based off Earth, that's only half-based.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
But do you think there will be more?
Yes.
Do you think we'll be able to travel all over the entire globe?
I sure hope so. That's what they've said isn't it? I just hope it's interesting to explore.
Personally I want some African, South American, or Australian style areas and nations. I know characters aren't gonna be added to the cast at this point, but it'd be nice if they at least existed. As it stands right now, the whole world looks like Europe and Asia. And if it's based off Earth, that's only half-based.
As a South American, I wouldn't like having a similar region in the game (in my highly biased opinion). I would like, however, regions based on the Andes and the Argentinian Pampas. Not the Amazonas, I'm not fond of jungle stuff.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I mean more dungeons, more cities (big and small), maybe a Moogle village, Chocobo ranch, deserts with pyramids, lost ruins. I want to travel all over and see more than sci-fi meets medieval stuff.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
If I'm not mistaken, they've said it would have towns apart from the main cities, right? As in, little places. I'd expect something like... I don't know, Winhill, Balamb, Kalm... Those are usually my favourite places actually, so comfy.

And regarding the 'main' cities, I don't think we'll get to explore much of Lucis, just parts of it, since it's huge and very modern (the castle, some streets... and it's possible that only in battle, as shown, but who knows). Anyway, the meat is found in cities like Accordo, or at least I hope so, it's fucking gorgeous. Do you think we'll get to explore it in a significant way? I know it has that map, but hell, it's massive.

As for the world, I've said this before, and maybe it's because I don't want a huge place (or planet) with just five countries with ten towns, it feels cheap as hell... but I'd like it to not be the whole world, just a continent. They could make barriers for the airship à la GTA, and they can acknowledge the rest of the world in the game, adding more to the lore. Maybe is that I love XII and its world.

And BTW, I just watched the last The Witcher 3 trailer. If this game's world is half as beautiful, detailed and (seemingly) complex as this one is, I'll be damn happy. Hell, I love CD Projekt RED, not only they make amazing games but also take care of their consumers and don't treat them like fools.

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
Everything needs to be explorable and the whole world needs to be large and vast with many cities and small towns/villages, forests, deserts, beaches would be fantastic, islands/island nations, sky continents, gorgeous flora and fauna, and boats.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Yeah, I'm sorry. If we're confined to just a continent but still hear about other nations, I'm gonna be pissed. Even type-0 let you comb the whole world. As did lots of past FFs (1-9). I want to be able to search it all. At least add places with DLCs. Same with dungeons. If it's one continent, that's less variety. More nations, more continents means more climates, more diverse people, more cultural backgrounds. Hell, what if we can go to the Feymarch again? What about talking with Summons in a mystical forest or temple. As the world is now, as they speak of it, all we hear about is forests, towns/cities, and vastness. But no talk of what the dungeons will be like. Or what else is out there...

I'll be happy with a localised region of the world, ala Ivalice. FFXII managed to spread the action and plot across multiple continents, albeit at a certain converging point of three continents, a kingdom, a nuked kingdom, and two empires, so there was still a sense of scale to it, and being at the central hotspot, rather than the fantasy parallel of something small and localised like say, a regular early-C20th Balkan conflict (one of which did eventually lead to WW1 I am aware, but I digress...).

If you seek to build a fantasy based on reality, I don't think the conventional world map works. I'm not thrilled with the idea of an entire globe with only a few features and locations identifiable here and there, with most of it being standard topography, because it would look surreal for something FFXV supposedly is trying to build itself to be. It's why I'm picturing something like Skyrim, with immense freedom of movement, but sensible confinement by the physical landscape, or something of an MMO model of say, Guild Wars 2 and what FFXIV probably has: sizeable zones that encourage exploration, and the ability to drive around in a vehicle, passing by the occasional gas station in the desert, etc.

I did glance at the Wiki a while ago, and I did see the UK's Manchester being mentioned as a potential place of influence, so I'm looking forward to some kind of grey, dystopian, northern, crime-ridden city (I kid, Mancunians! Manchester is lovely...most of the time!) with confusing roads. We definitely know Tokyo, Venice and possibly a desert akin to something you find in the midwest to southwest United States will find their counterparts in the game. I personally would love to see a Middle Eastern or North African inspired setting for one of the kingdoms, and I know FFXII incorporated a bit of that with Turkish architecture amidst South Asian ones. An ancient Chinese setting would be something I'd also love to see, akin to Jade Empire, and Age of Wushu, although I'm rather aware of the current tensions between Japan and China that can sadly encroach beyond the political realm being one major blockade for this.

I'm also a little wary. When your buzzwords are "a fantasy based on reality", I fear the non-presence of some truly fantastical, alien fantasy landscapes. They're things that fellow JRPGs like Xenoblade, and various MMOs excel at, and I wonder to what extent the designers for FFXV were allowed to let imaginations run wild. True, not every RPG needs to let imaginations run wild, and I agree that often it can lead to gaudy, over-designed, wtf-is-this-mess results, but back several years ago when we first saw images and video of Noctis traversing a deserted, post-apocalyptic barren wasteland, I wasn't very impressed by how bereft of anything it was, and I hope for the actual game's sake, its desert region doesn't exactly look like that, which fortunately I'm certain it won't be, because even Fallout's desert landscapes exude much more life.

tl;dr, I predict a part of the world will be explorable. If you're going to have an epic of games, it would make sense to reveal more of the world along with a new direction in plot and characters in a sequel. Heck, there's a bit of me thinking that we may not even be able to visit all kingdoms. If a pivotal player like Rozarria in FFXII could return out of reach, who is to say that any one of FFXV's kingdoms won't be either, especially if one of them is conquered and is thus, rather inconsequential from thereon forth.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I'd rather there be no sequel, only one game with a few updates and hidden dungeons after the game's over. This way you can explore the whole world. And even if they do decide to do a sequel, revisiting old location with new things happening there would still be fun. Imagine going to a town that was full of people before, only to find it's a ghost town now. And you have to find out why.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I'm also a little wary. When your buzzwords are "a fantasy based on reality", I fear the non-presence of some truly fantastical, alien fantasy landscapes. They're things that fellow JRPGs like Xenoblade, and various MMOs excel at, and I wonder to what extent the designers for FFXV were allowed to let imaginations run wild.

I think this fits the "Fantasy based on reality" thing. The architecture is similar to what can be found here on earth, but the whole city is out of this earth.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I keep looking at that and thinking "it's a nice blend of the fantastical with reality, but the fact that that whole city is asking for a high death count from unfortunate waterfall deaths kind of detaches me a bit from the overall awe of the setting". =P
I imagine things aren't built very well either considering how development has been.;)

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
Yeah, I'm sorry. If we're confined to just a continent but still hear about other nations, I'm gonna be pissed. Even type-0 let you comb the whole world. As did lots of past FFs (1-9). I want to be able to search it all. At least add places with DLCs. Same with dungeons. If it's one continent, that's less variety. More nations, more continents means more climates, more diverse people, more cultural backgrounds. Hell, what if we can go to the Feymarch again? What about talking with Summons in a mystical forest or temple. As the world is now, as they speak of it, all we hear about is forests, towns/cities, and vastness. But no talk of what the dungeons will be like. Or what else is out there...
DLC places OMG that would be amazing, along with some DLC dungeons and perhaps characters.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
DLC places OMG that would be amazing, along with some DLC dungeons and perhaps characters.
I would only do the DLC stuff for after the game was over. It'd extend the life of the game. If it was up to me some locations would be free DLC and it'd just be a matter of beating a dungeon and getting new trophies. Continue plus stuff is great to me. I want my games to last a long time.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I would only do the DLC stuff for after the game was over. It'd extend the life of the game. If it was up to me some locations would be free DLC and it'd just be a matter of beating a dungeon and getting new trophies. Continue plus stuff is great to me. I want my games to last a long time.
Older FF games lasted a long time without DLC.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Older FF games lasted a long time without DLC.
Agreed. But now they can use DLC to keep adding to the game way after it's over. Imagine using the same save file and doing continue plus dungeons and hidden bosses for another month after beating the game! I'd make the DLCs somewhere between 3-5 dollars, or free if the game's already a best seller.