The Amazing World of FINAL FANTASY XV

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
That's the type of stuff I mean. That, and maybe giant crystal towers, or jungles full of traps and huge animals/monsters. Maybe summoning the Espers is key in some places and they widdel down swarms of foes in a vast mountain plain. I just want them to use their imagination and have the places outside the cities be just as breath-taking. I know they're great devs, I'm just worries certain cities may get all the attention, and the rest of the world may looks drab.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Agreed. But now they can use DLC to keep adding to the game way after it's over. Imagine using the same save file and doing continue plus dungeons and hidden bosses for another month after beating the game! I'd make the DLCs somewhere between 3-5 dollars, or free if the game's already a best seller.
I miss the good old days of gaming where optional side content like you listed was already in the game we paid $50-$60 for.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Final Fantasy: Fallout. I liked those areas too, but I don't want the whole world to be like that. But who knows, that stuff is really old.
If I recall correctly, those scans are of an early area, presumably after fleeing Lucis. I don't think we should worry about diversity, I really liked the greener countryside we saw... 3 years ago :/

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I miss the good old days of gaming where optional side content like you listed was already in the game we paid $50-$60 for.
I understand. But it can't always be helped. Imagine you had a great idea for a dungeon but you couldn't get it in the game in time. What are you gonna do? You have the power to add it in post-release. So why not do it? What's 5-8 dollars when you get another dungeon after the game's over and the life of you first playthru is extended? If you can't pay right away, wait and get it later. DLCs often stick around.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I understand. But it can't always be helped. Imagine you had a great idea for a dungeon but you couldn't get it in the game in time. What are you gonna do? You have the power to add it in post-release. So why not do it? What's 5-8 dollars when you get another dungeon after the game's over and the life of you first playthru is extended? If you can't pay right away, wait and get it later. DLCs often stick around.
Extending the game so it lasts longer isn't my issue. The issue I have is how much they charge you for DLC. Compare what DLC is giving you with that $50-$60 game you just bought and you will realize that it's a big ripoff.

As far as I'm concerned, DLC exists because developers can't sell their game for more then $60 or nobody will buy it.

Either way, I don't really care for DLC. When I beat a game, I'm pretty much done with it and have moved on to other things.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
To each their own. I don't get DLC if it's just tacked on rare gear in an RPG. But I would get it if it's extra dungeons, new characters, new skills, or more story/scenes. I play games (RPGs) for story and action. So I often wanna see what happens next. If I grow to love the characters, even more so I wanna find out what they survive thru and how. I think Troy Baker said once that given that making game cost thousands of dollars, DLC and game costs are reasonable. I've seen some DLC that are only a dollar. Other times I see DLC that's $10 but they give you a pack of extras with it. If you focus on the ones that are a good deal, or wait for some times to pass, you'll find carefully selecting between DLCs can extend a game and be cheap.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
To each their own. I don't get DLC if it's just tacked on rare gear in an RPG. But I would get it if it's extra dungeons, new characters, new skills, or more story/scenes. I play games (RPGs) for story and action. So I often wanna see what happens next. If I grow to love the characters, even more so I wanna find out what they survive thru and how. I think Troy Baker said once that given that making game cost thousands of dollars, DLC and game costs are reasonable. I've seen some DLC that are only a dollar. Other times I see DLC that's $10 but they give you a pack of extras with it. If you focus on the ones that are a good deal, or wait for some times to pass, you'll find carefully selecting between DLCs can extend a game and be cheap.