1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

The chances of Final Fantasy XV being at TGS 2014???

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Crystal Power, Aug 10, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

?

Final Fantasy XV at TGS 2014?

1. It's totally going to be there!

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. I am undecided if it will be shown there.

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  3. It won't be shown there...

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  4. CAN't yU SEE ThIsS GAme won'T eVer RELEASE!!!

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. Crystal Power

Crystal Power ShinRa SOLDIER

I'm curious, what do you all think the chances of Final Fantasy XV being at Tokyo Game Show 2014 are?

At this point I don't even know what to think. I want to believe it has to be shown and it would make sense after how they did last year TGS, after it was shown so much at E3 last year, so maybe you know this time give more attention to the Japanese event. But it wouldn't surprise me if nothing is shown, yet again... T_T

What are all of you guys/gals thoughts on this situation???

APZonerunner likes this.
  2. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Eeeeh, it's a tossup for me. You never know if it's going to show up or not, but you can't be too excited this year.

3. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

I seriously don't know what to expect anymore. Maybe we might expect the same excuse that Square has always been giving ("Please wait a little while longer") or maybe they have decided to break that repetition and show us updates of the game, who knows. Don't keep your hopes up but don't give up on it either, we may just get surprised like how we did back at E3 2013.

For now, only time will tell.

4. masterlobo

masterlobo PSICOM Soldier

I honestly believe we won't see a thing until E3 2015.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  5. 1 0 0 0

1 0 0 0 Stiltzkin's Apprentice

6. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

50/50?

TGS is in their home turf, so Hashimoto and/or Nomura can easily turn up, and not have to contend with a vast array of other big budget titles that largely comprised of E3. That's assuming that TGS will overwhelmingly be an arena for handheld and mobile titles - which it probably will be, given the trajectory and trends of the Japanese market. FFXV theoretically also has no other major game within Square-Enix in the way at this point, and development must be far along enough that they're comfortable with the disclosure of some regular information, in line with Hashimoto's earlier promise that FFXV will reappear later this year.

...unless they've decided to continue this supposed "year of FFXIV" (particularly over a year after the successful re-launch) and insist on a show with further dedicated coverage of the game's future patches and even expansion. And hypothetically if FFXV's development has reached a certain snag that it impairs the odds of it showing up before next year, according to the dictates of (probably) the PR and marketing heads.

POWERFUL Rangers, actually. ;)

/go watch Akibaranger

Slickyslacker likes this.
  7. Wazi the pa

8. hui43210

hui43210 Yevonite

Well, I got burned hard in the E3 prediction thread, but I'm 95% sure that the no-show at E3 was because the next event would be TGS. At least I think that was what Hashimoto was implying.

LeonBlade and Slickyslacker like this.
  9. Vampire91

Vampire91 Balamb Garden Freshman

I really don't know what to think anymore. Surely this time I'm not going to get excited (and in general my interest for the game has greatly decreased lately).

10. Nikolasvanitas

Nikolasvanitas PSICOM Soldier

I just dont know anymore,I have lost all hope

11. Azuardo

Azuardo Materia Hunter Staff Member Moderator

It's an undecided from me. You simply just don't know any more with this thing. I think Fleur could be on to something - keep this as the year of FFXIV and concentrate on that. Still, a trailer at least wouldn't hurt anybody. Have to admit that I don't really care if it shows up or not, though. It's too far away from release for me to even get hyped even if it is shown.

12. King Bimpy

King Bimpy PSICOM Soldier

yea its gonna be shown. They said next reveal would be promotional stuff. its clear they are waiting for in game footage and none spoily information sessions on the story since this is not a type of game where you would want to see unfolded in walkthroughs of level 1. shinji did say you might as well come home (tokyo) to see their bigger RPG titles during the thailand con. they just have been hard at work. now they have enough to show.

13. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Hard to say. I don't think anything is set in stone yet.

14. KOKAYI5

KOKAYI5 Red Wings Commander

I want it to be there. Some info of what they've said so far implies it. But we've all be burned so much these years with no info or just rehash. I want a release date of some kind. Even if it's march 2015 or summer 2015. Something. If they gave us a new character info and name would be good too. But over all I hope it shows but I'm thinking they'll do a lot of nothing for TGS and just wait till they do a all-Square expo thing in JPN in January. That might be what we have to wait for.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  15. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

There is a chance it will appear but it's SE so I'm not getting my hopes up. I don't really know what to expect.

16. ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy Balamb Garden Freshman

I would be absolutely shocked if they show it, they wont even talk about the game.

17. masterlobo

masterlobo PSICOM Soldier

ファミ通の浜村弘一氏「TGSあたりから(PS4タイトルの)大きな発表があると大手メーカーに聞いた」

Which google translates to:

"I heard the leading manufacturer and there (of PS4 title) is a big announcement from TGS"

Picked from NeoGAF

18. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Don't fall into hype's fangs!

19. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

That could be anything.

20. Wazi the pa

Please let it be XV......

masterlobo likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!