The chances of Final Fantasy XV being at TGS 2014???

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Final Fantasy XV at TGS 2014?

• It's totally going to be there!

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I am undecided if it will be shown there.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • It won't be shown there...

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • CAN't yU SEE ThIsS GAme won'T eVer RELEASE!!!

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Stop making me feel optimistic, that's an horrible feeling for a person waiting for this game! :p

BTW, if it doesn't show up, when is the next important event where it could show up?
Next up would be...
D23 Expo - Though this is likely for KH3
Jump Festa - Square Enix usually has a presence there with its games.
Personal Event - Haven't done it since 2011? but still a possibility.

Sep 26, 2013
Well, if there are any other reasons I frankly don't know, you could be right; but citing only that argument you posted, then it could have been made for E3.
Square Enix has been building up a lot of pressure with Final Fantasy XV. As this game will eventually come out and we get closer and closer to that release window, something will have to pop. We can crack up all the jokes we want. Realistically speaking, they cannot just sit there and do nothing. They have to and they will market this very important, big budget AAA game.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Square Enix has been building up a lot of pressure with Final Fantasy XV. As this game will eventually come out and we get closer and closer to that release window, something will have to pop. We can crack up all the jokes we want. Realistically speaking, they cannot just sit there and do nothing. They have to and they will market this very important, big budget AAA game.
No one doubts that. The question is when. And, after they kept mum at E3, I don't see why TGS has to be the place to talk about it.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I don't know what to expect, Hashimoto said something among the lines of "come to Tokyo and you'll see!", but they aren't precisely the most trustworthy guys around.

I want to be optimistic, though, and say that it'll at least show up, even if it's just 5 new seconds :p

BTW, something I've seen on Twitter:
Video Game Orchestra's Twitter: "Recorded for something big yesterday! Wait until mid-Sep to know what the game is!" pic.twitter.com/vGGRq48Mb7
https://twitter.com/theVGO/status/504749831131500546

According to the replies, it looks like it's a game by S-E and that we'll know mid September (that is, around TGS). It might end up being nothing (or be related to other games, like XIV or KH II.5), but hey, who knows?

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Alright. Here's a question. Assuming it will be there... do you think it'll be at the SCEJA conference in a few days or SE showing it at the booth or something on Sep 18th?

Sep 26, 2013
I don't know what to expect, Hashimoto said something among the lines of "come to Tokyo and you'll see!", but they aren't precisely the most trustworthy guys around.
Tends to happen when things are not accurately translated and taken out context.

And only 5 seconds? Come on man! DREAM BIG!!! :D

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
This positivity. I like it.

But yes, they can't keep quiet on the game forever and it will be coming out in the near future. Information at Japan first makes more sense than E3.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
But he did say something about Tokyo, right? Although for all we know he could be talking about how much he loves that city lol.

And believe me, when I say 5 seconds I'm dreaming big :p But nah, if it shows up I don't expect something as cheap as last year's TGS, not after a full year without a single piece of news. If it does show up.

Oh well, at least I'll have some Bloodborne sweetness for sure!

I'm pretty ignorant about instruments and stuff like that, but it looks something very FF/KH-ish. And BTW, this was also twitted by them a week ago: "Holy crap we will be recording for "that" game? Can't wait!!!"
I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
When he clarified, he said:
So when we were going over our promotion plans, we judged that this year’s E3 would not be the best time to exhibit information about FFXV. Instead we are currently planning to exhibit new information at events after E3 2014.
Normally, he wouldn't say that. He'd just say PBE or PU. But instead, he cites and implies upcoming events rather than far off.

Orenji

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 15, 2013
Mataró
orenji-chan.blogspot.com
Given that there are several trailers for 2.5 already out, I don't think they just started working on its soundtrack so late... It's possible that they were working on a specific piece of music, tho. Jeez I wanna know!!

Last edited by a moderator:

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
No. I just decided. That's all! :)

I propose a new thread. A poll that involves both Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3.
That's good. Good to stay positive, now if only we could get Yeah93 to stop nay-saying every little thing. LOL j/k
It feels like TGS will be good even if XV doesn't show that much (story and characters). But with other games like Zestiria and Type-0 HD we likely will have plenty of new info from major RPG makers.

Last edited:

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
That's good. Good to stay positive, now if was could only get Yeah93 to stop nay-saying every little thing. LOL j/k
It feels like TGS will be good even if XV doesn't show that much (story and characters). But with other games like Zestiria and Type-0 HD we likely will have plenty of new info from major RPG makers.
Thing is, I've got no reasons to believe XV is going to make a major appearance. I won't deny that I'd very much want for a new trailer and new info, with release window and everything, but for now, my money is on betting it's not going to be there; if anything, something minor.

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
Those that know me on GameFAQs, and even here on Mognet, know that I'm a dreamer. I voted "totally" in this thread's poll quite some time ago.

My wager is that there's going to be some kind of blowout for it at TGS. Perhaps, if not, then SE would announce their own, personal event for the game at TGS.

They have to at least bring it up. Even if they (foolishly) refuse to show it, Hashimoto at least has to mention it in order to dismiss its appearance once more.